test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need advice...

thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
edited May 2016 in The Academy
I have enough zen either to get the cross faction command battle cruiser or to get two seperate packs.

My original idea was to get the KDF pilot ships and the romulan command battle cruiser ... But now I'm hesitating since hear that the fed command battle cruiser is good.

I should mention I think the KDF command battle cruiser are ugly.

I wish I could get the command pack and the KDF pilot ships but I don't have enough zen for that. :/

What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    The pilot ships are a LOT of fun for me with those fancy moves that NO other ship in the game gets.
    The command ships are just another cruiser with not much going for them over their command seating which to be honest I found lackluster. I wanted them to make a torp boat that exploited the command torp skills and it was terrible. They make a good tank but so do any of a dozen other similar rides -- and for the FEDS the command cruiser is one of 50 similar ships.

IF you want something different and unique, the pilots are the way to go.

If you don't really actually plan to fly pretty much the exact same ship on multiple characters, then I would say just get your fed cruiser and a kdf science pilot raptor (my take on best seating arrangement, but decided for yourself).

If you see true value in the packs, youll need to think about it more.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I usually don't make a lot of dps ... I'm more into the look and feel of the ship.

Also I got a few fed ships already .. Mostly tac and science .. No T6 cruisers. I have less KDF ships and even less romulan ships. I have a few character from each faction but mostly fed.
  • Options
    No one but you can pick what has the "look and feel" that you want.
    If you lack ships a package that gives all your toons something has merits but again, its basically the same ship which means there is virtually no diff in your characters when flying it on all of them. For that reason I have never really thought the packs were a good thing -- i like variety though, all my played characters are very distinct.

So that makes me personally want to steer clear of (3 of the same ship on one faction) bundles and (3 of the same ship across factions) bundles and the worst of those (9 of the same ship bundles).

For the same zen I would rather have 2 distinct ships. But I have more ships than I can fly so take it with a grain of salt... Ive got most of the good box/lobis/events and some choice cstore buys as well. If I had 10 characters on 3 factions and very few ships, I personally would pick the pilots over the commands -- again, the command ships are just repeats of the free stuff like the kobali to me. But thats MY choice... if you prefer a cruiser, and the command seats seem to do it for you...
  • Options
    Im getting panic.. now people say heista .. or the flag ship bundle.. all sounds good. :/
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    You can only fly one ship at a time, and there will be more ship sales this year. Pick the one(s) you want most right now and you can always get the others in the next sale.
  • Options
    Flag ship set is a good pick, at least its 2 types of ship (scimitar and the 2 generic cruisers).