test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for RP players (team)

ninamiteninamite Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Captain's Table (RP)
Hi. I'm interested in coming back and starting a new character, but this time I want to be involved in the roleplay community. I enjoyed the game a few months back and had to leave due to RL things, had no time for playing, but things are slowing down again and I want to set aside some time for STO.

Before I left the game had just introduced the Delta Recruits (I'm not sure if that is still active), but I plan to start over so I assume it will be. The idea is to start new characters as cadets in the academy and have them build friendships and relationships. We would combine both forum RP and live RP as we develop our individual stories and build our careers in the federation.

My take on this I don't just want to grind through the quests like I did in the past. I want to enjoy it in a team setting and give it some flavor with roleplay. There is so much we can do in the world besides quests, and as a star trek fan I would really like to experience roleplaying in the world.

We will follow some guidelines, nothing too restrictive as long as we stick to cannon STO. I don't really care what kind of character you plan to play as far as race and looks, but do consider the game's mechanics - for example: if you want to play a mix character, say Betazoid and Vulcan, then obviously only one of your paternal genes will dominate your appearance. Anything else we can discuss, like telepathic abilities, and agree on proper use, scale, etc.

We won't be playing as the crewman of a ship, we will each run our own ships (obviously) but we will team-up and run the same quests, helping one another. In this format our characters have all been assigned to the mission by the federation, therefore we should respect each other's ranks. Let me explain, if one of our characters outranks the other than we must respect that rank and roleplay accordingly. But we will be advancing together so I think we will be of same rank for most of the play time. The biggest point is that we don't boss each other around, we work together and respect the protocols set by the federation.

It won't always be vanilla for us, if we roleplay properly there is always some drama between characters, inner conflicts, different points of view, outlook on life etc.. will make our roleplay interesting.

So, anyone interested in starting this?

Comments

• ussjohnbrownussjohnbrown Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I'd be interested in this... what's your schedule like
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I'm really more into light RP, I'd love to do something like this at some point but it sounds way too involved for me.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    ninamite wrote: »
    (snip)
    we work together and respect the protocols set by the federation.
    (snip)

How about non-Feddies? I could bring some.... cultural conflict ;)

What time zones are considered?​​
    guljarol wrote: »
    ninamite wrote: »
    (snip)
    we work together and respect the protocols set by the federation.
    (snip)

How about non-Feddies? I could bring some.... cultural conflict ;)

What time zones are considered?​​

"Why do you crazy federation people drink root beer so much, you're almost as bad as one of my crazy colleagues!"

"but its good!"

"UGH that's the same thing she said!"

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    gradii wrote: »

"Why do you crazy federation people drink root beer so much, you're almost as bad as one of my crazy colleagues!"

"but its good!"

"Let me introduce you to a good vintage of Romulan ale..."

"I'm sorry, but I can't drink that stuff. It's illegal."

"What the #%&#@ you mean 'it's illegal'? Am *I* illegal too?!" onion-43.gif​​
    gradii wrote: »

"but its good!"

"Let me introduce you to a good vintage of Romulan ale..."

"I'm sorry, but I can't drink that stuff. It's illegal."

"What the #%&#@ you mean 'it's illegal'? Am *I* illegal too?!" onion-43.gif​​

I doubt it's still illegal.

So it's confiscated as contraband because it's oh-so-legal? ;)​​
    So it's confiscated as contraband because it's oh-so-legal? ;)​​

You're well familiar with the fact cryptic doesn't like to update old content. Logically its no longer illegal because theres no trade blockade with the Romulan Republic. Maybe Star Empire Vintage ale still is illegal, who knows.

::: note to self: check the "Made in" label" :::​​
    So is this happening?
    ?
  • pocketstorypocketstory Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I had an idea like this that I posted a year ago and am trying to restart. My post is here http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1165867/role-playing-fleet-and-fan-fiction-community-proposal-ooc-discussion-thread feel free to look it over and post any ideas you want to on my thread. Or we can move the discussion here if you'd like that better. Really I just want to do an idea like this and I don't really care who runs it or how it is done exactly.
  • the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    yeah im interested too but it seems like there arent many current RP threads like this