test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do all Romulan characters share ships?

I already have a Romulan-KDF aligned character, and i already have a nice ship from the z store for him, i just decided to make another Romulan character, but this time Romulan-FED aligned.

Will my new Romulan be able to use the z store ship that my old Romulan is using, even though she will be FED aligned?

Also, a quick side question, can someone remind me, when do you choose who your Romulan is aligned with, i forget.

Thanks.

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    citrus82 wrote: »
    I already have a Romulan-KDF aligned character, and i already have a nice ship from the z store for him, i just decided to make another Romulan character, but this time Romulan-FED aligned.

Will my new Romulan be able to use the z store ship that my old Romulan is using, even though she will be FED aligned?
    No. You can only use ships corresponding to your choice of alliance.
    citrus82 wrote: »
    Also, a quick side question, can someone remind me, when do you choose who your Romulan is aligned with, i forget.
    Right after "Turning Point".
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • darthkirkdarthkirk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    And can also use all Romulan ships logically
  • haxxsaw#9362 haxxsaw Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    It does not matter who you are allied with. If your Z-store purchased ship was Romulan, then any of your Romulans can use it.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    you can re-use whatever rom ships you bought. You can't get a leech console on a fed rom from a kdf lowbie ship or anything like that. You can't use the faction lowbie ships until you pick a faction.

But yes, if you bought a t6 scim or faeht or whatever you can use those on all your rom toons.
  • texarion#1034 texarion Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Just to make sure the answer was clear. If the z-store ship you bought was a Romulan ship, then yes, any Rom toon you make can use it, no matter what faction you choose. If your z-store ship was NOT a Romulan ship then it is going to be faction specific and can only be used by a toon of the correct faction. I specifically did not say Fed/Klingon ship as there are other ships than just Fed/Klingon/Romulan to choose from, but they are still faction specific. The ones I can name of the top of my head are the Andorian ships, only usable by Fed aligned toons.....

I happen to have an account of nothing but Rom toons, just so I can play both Fed and Klink but only have to buy a single ship/ship pack and every toon on my account gets a new ship ....... granted only Rom ships though....
  • citrus82citrus82 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yeah the ship i was talking about is a Romulan Pilot T6 ship, but i hadn't considered i won't be able to use the plasmonic leech, hmm, that sucks.
  • rist30rist30 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    you can use plasmonic leech but not the free one from lowbie kdf ship. on fed side you can obtain it from exchange but costs a lot...
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    The KDF toons use KDF T1-T6 ships
    The Feds use Fed T1-T6 ship
    The Romulans /KDF can use Romulans T1-T6 ships and T1-T4 KDF ships
    The Romulans /Fed can use Romulans T1-T6 ships and T1-T4 Fed ships
    Edit: Romulans without chosen Alliance can use only Romulan T1-T6 ships :p

All Zen store ships are account unlocks so if the ships is unlocked - the only other requirement is toon level and what i write above....
    Edit:
    KDF and Romulans need to do some missions to get access to T2 ships for them, but i do not remeber which ones exactly...
    Post edited by saber1973a on
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    KDF and Romulans need to do some missions to get access to T2 ships for them, but i do not remeber which ones exactly...
    IIRC, this is only a restriction in so far that you get the free Tier 2 ship token only when you complete the respective mission. AFAIK, It doesn't affect C-Store ships - if you have the level, you can buy and claim it. It's of little help to people that don't want a Tier 2 C-Store ship, but if you have one, it's at least a way to deal with the problems during the bonus skill points weekends. (Where you level so quickly that you haven't reached the ship requisition mission yet, but already face Tier 2 enemies...)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    rist30 wrote: »
    you can use plasmonic leech but not the free one from lowbie kdf ship. on fed side you can obtain it from exchange but costs a lot...

These days, almost as much as a lockbox ship, which is crazy...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif