test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A question about the Long Range Science Vessel space set

Why can't you equip the Ablative Generator on any of the Long Range Science vessels other than the Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit, or in my case, the Long Range Science Vessel Refit?
Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
My YouTube Channel

Comments

• Options
    carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    i could be wrong here but isnt that console locked to the t5 voyager class ? if not locked it might be a bug of some sort
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Long_Range_Science_Vessel_Set#Console_-_Universal_-_Ablative_Generator

It IS locked to the voyager line and keeping in mind that these Tier 5/6 consoles are usually bound to a single ship (not counting fleet variants) that is actually pretty lenient.

From the developers point of view it is convenient to only allow the ablative generator on the intrepid line since they use a common skeleton. It would take serious time and effort to fit the graphics onto other ships.

Perhaps a type 2 shuttle will be introduced (the model on which future Janeway's shuttle was based) which can use the generator, but even that may be nothing more than wishful thinking.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.