test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duty Officers 101

1636465666769»

Comments

• chainfoxchainfox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fairly new to the game, was buying up enough Duty Officers from Exchange so I could fill my assignment slots each day.

Oops, next day I noticed my roster was full, and probably had been for half the exchange purchases (spent about 1.5million credits)

I increased my roster by 100 but none of my purchased officers are there.
    I tried dismissing a few, but still no sign of the new ones.

What happens to duty officers you buy after you roster is full?

How do I put them in my roster?

Thanks in advance.

Kal
  • bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chainfox wrote: »
    Fairly new to the game, was buying up enough Duty Officers from Exchange so I could fill my assignment slots each day.

Oops, next day I noticed my roster was full, and probably had been for half the exchange purchases (spent about 1.5million credits)
    I increased my roster by 100 but none of my purchased officers are there.
    I tried dismissing a few, but still no sign of the new ones.

What happens to duty officers you buy after you roster is full?

How do I put them in my roster?

Thanks in advance.

Kal

Are you certain the EC was actually spent? I say this because early on I "stumbled" through this
    system and made many mistakes. Sometimes you make a purchase on the exchange, you think
    it went through normally, but it really did'nt. There are "some" auto-triggers in the game that will
    not allow you to take certain actions. Just some thoughts.

BCW. :)
  • chainfoxchainfox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Until you asked me that I would have said yes.

Is there any way for me to check?
  • snmriosnmrio Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So what can be done about doffs being stolen by the game??
    I've had 3 "vanish" suddenly while ending finished R&D projects and starting new ones without doing anything else between ending and starting. Didn't assign the doffs to anything else, didn't go on a mission or pve or anything.
    Yet for some mysterious reason 3 diffferent doffs have suddenly gone missing. No amount of searcing, waiting, relogging or whatever has EVER found them or made them reappear.
    In the last 6 (?) months, 2 different doffs on my Eng alt (on 2 different dates) and again today, one doff from my main character (Tac) just simply vanished. I had to buy 2 from the exchange to replace the stolen ones for my eng alt.
    One time I can understand as a glitch, especially if it happens rarely to ANY player. 3 times to ONE player, no, not a glitch or accident. It makes me wonder what else has been thieved from players that have gone unnoticed.
    Fleetmates have told me that "it happens once in a while" WHAT?!?! So I'm not the only one that has had multiple (or ANY) doffs stolen from them?? Once in a while equates, to me, once a year at most. Twice or more in months is excessive. Really, ANY amount of times is excessive.
  • cornoctuacornoctua Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    snmrio wrote: »
    So what can be done about doffs being stolen by the game??
    I've had 3 "vanish" suddenly while ending finished R&D projects and starting new ones without doing anything else between ending and starting. Didn't assign the doffs to anything else, didn't go on a mission or pve or anything.
    Yet for some mysterious reason 3 diffferent doffs have suddenly gone missing. No amount of searcing, waiting, relogging or whatever has EVER found them or made them reappear.
    In the last 6 (?) months, 2 different doffs on my Eng alt (on 2 different dates) and again today, one doff from my main character (Tac) just simply vanished. I had to buy 2 from the exchange to replace the stolen ones for my eng alt.
    One time I can understand as a glitch, especially if it happens rarely to ANY player. 3 times to ONE player, no, not a glitch or accident. It makes me wonder what else has been thieved from players that have gone unnoticed.
    Fleetmates have told me that "it happens once in a while" WHAT?!?! So I'm not the only one that has had multiple (or ANY) doffs stolen from them?? Once in a while equates, to me, once a year at most. Twice or more in months is excessive. Really, ANY amount of times is excessive.

I think I just had a similar situation where I 'earned' a purple bridge officer through a doff assignment. I was pretty excited and went to collect the reward only to get a message that all of my bridge officer slots are full. My new bridge officer does not show up in my list of candidates. I think he just vanished! I'm still pretty new to this. Any suggestions?
    edited June 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    If your DOFF roster is full, any method of acquiring new ones will not go through.

An attempted purchase will simply result in an error message (something like "this purchase cannot be completed at this time"), and a DOFF assignment like the ones from the Academy will stay in your completed assignments and not allow you to collect it.

DOFFs can be destroyed by the game, in the case of white quality doffs assigned to projects which fail. Higher quality doffs get sent to sickbay instead.

As for BOFFs, as cornoctua's post refers to, they will go to inventory (as an icon) or to the candidates roster, which is accessible by a button at the bottom of your "Stations" tab.

Oh Good! I see him (my new boff) in the inventory. Never would have thought to look there. Guess I need to buy more boff slots?
    edited June 2015
    I'm assuming buying more boff slots would allow me to put a different officer as each department head. Even if there isn't and actual station for them on the bridge, right?

More on subject, what I'm really confused about now is why I'm unable to select doffs for roles they seem to be qualified for. Am I missing something or are there some major bugs in the doff assignment system?

Specifically, I want to attempt 'Infiltrate the Orion Syndicate'. It requires a security officer and, I believe, any doff with cunning. I have an available doff with cunning (Donna Rose Fankhauser) but clicking on 'select' brings up a message that I have no available duty officers for that slot.

Also strange, is that in the list of espionage assignments, both requirement icons are red but hovering over them for details the Star Fleet symbol turns blue with a red warning triangle over it and the security icon stays red. When you click the 'plan' button, it auto selects a security doff (Emergency R&H Hologram though I have other options as well). Shouldn't the 'required' icons be blue if you have a doff that will work and red if you don't?

This doesn't seem right but I'm also new. If this is bug, what is the protocol? Ignore, report, post, call a GM? I seem to have a lot of these kinds of discrepancies between the requirements on the quick reference 'list view' and the detailed 'plan view'.

Thanks
  • sokratistikossokratistikos Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2015
    Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I did not read all 69 pages of this thread:
    I just got my first commendation level-up (Development), and the info on the Assignment Overview page told me that I would be able to choose a green duty officer upon reaching Development level 1. I received the title "Trained" but did not see where I could claim my duty officer. Do I have to go back to Starfleet Academy or something? I've almost reached level 1 on most of the other commendation categories, so I'm worried that I will have missed out on a bunch of green doffs.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the answer on page 68.
    Post edited by sokratistikos on
  • wurmixwurmix Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Ok, i am still newbie here, but so far i have some issues with this DOFF system.
    1. Assignment DOFF selection system seems bugged to me. If it states "any civilian or officer" i would think any available "civilian" or "officer" should be good for the job. But i noticed many assignments often do not list all available DOFFs, especially true with civilians, who are often not offered for such assignments (f.e. "EVA training", "Klingon opera"). It seems the DOFF selection is either broken, or the requirement description does not fit the actual requirements.
    2. I sent DOFFs on assignment to "discuss" some things ... oops he got killed "mission failed". WTH ? Do i even want to know what would have to happen to be considered as an "disaster" ? Maybe if the universe did explode ?
    3. Why the heck cant i see my killed DOFF's info ... who was that that got killed on assignment ?
    4. What does STO understand as "photonic" ? Emergency r&d holograms are listed as photonic by species, but they are not as photonic as the Emergency Medical program, which does have an extra "Photonic" tag ? And of course assignments that require "Photonic" do not consider those common Emergency R&D holograms to be photonic enough for assignemts. It has to be the "TRUE PHOTONIC" with an aknowledged photonic tag ... (yes, i know now i am exaggerating a bit, but you get the idea). Also i would expect most AIs to be logical or at least have eidetic memory (they are computers after all) and not to be completly empty (except the Medical one of course).
    5. I would really appreciate if they added an extra popup warning or checkbox or whatever for missions that are about to kill the assigned duty officer. I did missunderstood the short description (didn't read the details) and send some DOFFs to death by mistake, oops.
    Post edited by wurmix on