test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone In A New T2 or T3 Fleet? Willing To Recruit A New Member And Possible Name Change?

I am interested in joining a new fleet because I wanna help build up a fleet, are any fleets recruiting now? That would be open for a name change? I have a unique fleet name idea and I really wanna be part of a fleet with this name. I know I can start my own fleet but that is a long and hard process so I am wondering if there are any active new fleets open to suggestions? Please ingame mail me if you wish @maximusdecimus88

Comments

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Ummm... why not start your own fleet, instead of asking another fleet to change their name.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    "Starting" a fleet is shockingly easy. Get 4 unfleeted characters with you, go to the fleet officer, click "form fleet", enjoy.

Now, the difficulties do arise in finding 4 other unfleeted characters, or having to fill projects religiously and almost immediately for a week and a half just to get provisions (on average 8 projects to fill the T1 meter, 9th project to unlock T1 proper, 10th project to get provisions), etc. etc.

Now, if you're interested in joining what is primarily a "family" fleet (aka me and my kids form the entirety of the active roster, have a couple of friends who've abandoned the game still hogging fleet roster space) and might be willing to build but have semi-controlled recruiting that doesn't result in a full roster of drama - which might require not immediately jumping to your "well thought out name" - then I might have a fleet that's T2 in Dil mine, T1s in all the other sub-holdings, and T2 in all the starbase tracks that could use a helping hand getting bigger...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I would prefer being the fleet leader or co-leader.

Translator: I want free stuff and don't want to work for it myself....
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Aww OP, you are but a month too late! 4 weeks ago I decided to share co-lead of my tier 5 fleet with a friend of mine I happen to know in real live for over 25 years. He contributed millions of Dil & EC so he earned and can be trusted.

Joking aside, please realized that the “worth” of a fleet as far as time and effort is concerned equals a hand full of epic and maxed out characters. Look up STO Wiki for details.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/User:MatthewM/FleetCosts

Such things are not shared easily. My advice is to start from scratch. Tier 1-3 is nothing compared to what you face beyond that. ;)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    I am not 100% sure yet but I think I know some people who can join, are you willing to share leadership? Make me fleet leader? Unless this isn't your main fleet and you don't care so much about it. Either way, I can help you build it up but I would prefer being the fleet leader or co-leader.

Umm... keep in mind, I'm coming at this from the angle of a highly cynical/paranoid EVE player... But I smell scam in the air.

You don't want to start a new Fleet: "It's to hard"
    But yet, you have a great name for someone else to change theirs to... ignoring the notion that people may have a vested interest in their Fleet name.

Now... you want to join as a Fleet leader/co-leader?

Wow...
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    april-fools-mr-t.jpg
    Not when he posted originally... :p
    tousseau wrote: »
    Not when he posted originally... :p

anyone agreeing to it is
  • zurielsevenzurielseven Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    equinox976 wrote: »
    april-fools-mr-t.jpg

Unfortunately, Equinox976, dareau, and kodachikuno, I can personally confirm that he is not joking, trolling, or April Fooling... He honestly believes that if he asks, someone will give him a fleet (around Tier 30 or so) that will be more than happy to change its name to "B*********t G****c". Unfortunately, although we in his current fleet have offered more times than we can count to help him start said fleet, he has both said that he insists we change our fleet name so he can feel proud to belong to the fleet AND that he will stay if we don't change the name.

Exasperation would not be an uncommon emotional response in this case, even for a Vulcan. He has trolled both here as well as ingame for what he wants and is honestly shocked that nobody will give it to him.
  • flyeranthisflyeranthis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »
    april-fools-mr-t.jpg

Unfortunately, Equinox976, dareau, and kodachikuno, I can personally confirm that he is not joking, trolling, or April Fooling... He honestly believes that if he asks, someone will give him a fleet (around Tier 30 or so) that will be more than happy to change its name to "B*********t G****c". Unfortunately, although we in his current fleet have offered more times than we can count to help him start said fleet, he has both said that he insists we change our fleet name so he can feel proud to belong to the fleet AND that he will stay if we don't change the name.

Exasperation would not be an uncommon emotional response in this case, even for a Vulcan. He has trolled both here as well as ingame for what he wants and is honestly shocked that nobody will give it to him.
    Zuri you beat me and Murvy to the punch
  • devilment666devilment666 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    He honestly believes that if he asks, someone will give him a fleet (around Tier 30 or so) that will be more than happy to change its name to "B*********t G****c".

Breechclout Guaiac? That's one hell of a fleet name.
    edited April 2016
    Unfortunately, ...although we in his current fleet have offered more times than we can count to help him start said fleet, he has both said that he insists we change our fleet name so he can feel proud to belong to the fleet...

You have been far too generous with him lol. Tell him to get stuffed, then kick him out the fleet. I doubt anyone else would put up with his ridiculous demands.
    now Im mildly curious as to this oh so wonderful name
  • flyeranthisflyeranthis Member Posts: 2 Arc User

The fleet name he wants is literally the title of a game, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. Which is a Warhammer 40k MMO.
    edited April 2016

The fleet name he wants is literally the title of a game, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. Which is a Warhammer 40k MMO.

Does he actually realise he is playing Star Trek Online?

..sounds like this person has 'issues' :D
    tumblr_mi55jmCT7k1rhg5lso2_500.gif
    OMG... that gif... too funny.

LOL
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Kirk tantrum! Must.... get.... fleet.... name.... or.... I'll.... khaaaaaaaan!!!
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."

-.- really... thats his 'zomg such a great name!' ??
    this gets more fail by the minute
    But that's the beauty of it!

Just imagine, a fleet called Battlefield Gothic at the head of it's own... you guessed it... Armada.

Brilliant!!!

(Was I sufficiently Rah-Rah-Rah, and cheerleadish about it?)
    tousseau wrote: »
    But that's the beauty of it!

Just imagine, a fleet called Battlefield Gothic at the head of it's own... you guessed it... Armada.

Brilliant!!!

(Was I sufficiently Rah-Rah-Rah, and cheerleadish about it?)

gold star for effort
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I hope they don't close this thread...I laughed heartily out loud a few times. :)
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
    *Skips off to cherish his gold star*
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I heard Xten1ty is looking for a new fleet leader...
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Wow, what a stupid TRIBBLE...

And yet this is the generation of people being raised today, they think can have anything they want just because.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    With a name like decimusgluteus88 I should have seen that fleet name coming.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    @nabreeki is a good man with a aktive community. i would not mind if you choose his fleet