test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC during queue: forced leave

shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
edited March 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
there needs to be something done with the forced leave during a queue after DC. I had one happen during the last couple days of the breach event, at the point in time where I was sick and tired of the voth (especially the citadel). reconnect and I'm no longer on the team, and the countdown timer set to 5 seconds doesn't give the game time to reconnect me to the team (this takes nearer to 10 seconds depending on what made me DC). had to run the stupid mission again and fight the stupid citadel again, and I was already tired and cranky. mind you, this isn't the only queue that this happens on.

one place this creates a big problem for me is that sometimes my main connection will lag real bad. so i'll hotspot my phone and hop my connection over to that. game runs better, but itll be a momentary DC. 10 seconds I'm back in. first time I did this on a GGA, I got the 5 seconds and warped out.

this is one of those things that whoever had that idea, its a bad one. the timer needs to be at least 15 seconds.
Post edited by jodarkrider on

Comments

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I doubt it was an 'idea' at all. I don't think this is working as intended and it's more likely to be a bug actually. On most maps, you can relog without being removed from the queue.

Besides, this has only happened to me when I disconnect and get placed back in a random instance.

If I get back in the right instance, I won't get the forced beam out. Only when I'm placed in a random instance with a totally different team.
  • shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    I doubt it was an 'idea' at all. I don't think this is working as intended and it's more likely to be a bug actually. On most maps, you can relog without being removed from the queue.

Besides, this has only happened to me when I disconnect and get placed back in a random instance.

If I get back in the right instance, I won't get the forced beam out. Only when I'm placed in a random instance with a totally different team.

if its a bug then some mod needs to move it to the bug reporting forum. I'm not sure what it is so I put it here.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I agree. This has got to be a bug.

paging @jodarkrider or @pwlaughingtrendy , can you please move this thread to the bug section?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Is it possible this could be a game mechanic to ensure the event queues don't get unstable? - in a regular queue you seem to be able to regain your place without issue, even during the recent DDoS incidents you could re-enter the regular queue instance after 15-20 minutes disconnect time without the removed from team warning. However, with the event queues there is usually a greater turnaround of players and the mechanic could be in place to prevent you crashing into a different team. If this is the case then perhaps the grace period between a player leaving and being removed from the team needs to be altered to 60-120 seconds to account for random disconnects.
  • shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Is it possible this could be a game mechanic to ensure the event queues don't get unstable? - in a regular queue you seem to be able to regain your place without issue, even during the recent DDoS incidents you could re-enter the regular queue instance after 15-20 minutes disconnect time without the removed from team warning. However, with the event queues there is usually a greater turnaround of players and the mechanic could be in place to prevent you crashing into a different team. If this is the case then perhaps the grace period between a player leaving and being removed from the team needs to be altered to 60-120 seconds to account for random disconnects.

please see section where I refer to GGA.
  • astara#9216 astara Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I just recently got 2:30 hour penalty for trying to fight unsuccessful in my T'varo due to all the lag. I didn't even leave and I get a severe ban on my PVE... It isn't the first time this has happened. And it's getting ridiculous at this point.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    Most often it won't boot you for a DC, but it sometimes will, and especially if you crash. The system would rather boot you, than enforce a possible penalty I suppose. Not that a penalty might be imposed, if it isn't warranted.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!