test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is yours most memorable NPC in STO?

Comments

• enkemenenkemen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Jeri Ryan for the few lines she did as Seven, because she felt like the same person she was in the show. The voice acting was spot-on, as was the writing.

My top favourite, though, has to be Kim Rhodes reprising her role as Lindsey Ballard/Jhet'leya. She just comes across so natural. Her humor is smooth but believable, her sweetness is strong but not saccharin, and her empathy just seems so damned genuine. I think she's honestly the best voice actor in the game so far.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Haakev hate or love him is hard to forget.

and the flag ship captians are pretty memorable. shon flying the Aquarius into the planet killer. Koren yelling at the feds for not bringing enough ships was amusing. Jarok for all the work I had to put into saving her ship for her... shame my romulan probably gonna have to blow it up at some point.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • enkemenenkemen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    You're right. I forgot about Koren and Jarok. Koren is the most Klingon voice in the game, and Jarok feels like a real person.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    You know, there are actually a lot of great NPC's in STO. Most Memorable for me is Kurland; I was really sad that they've reduced his role in the new Cardassian arc...
  • highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    THIS. IS. ADMIRAL LEETA!
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Hakeev
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The best NPC is the boss voiced by the same guy who does the voice of Duke Nukem. I think it's one of the Romulan missions. Next is Leeta, because Chase Masterson actually put effort into it, unlike most of the horrific voice acting in this game.

And the Romulan dance instructor. Major Toon Crush!! LOL
  • axegaijin13axegaijin13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Morn, hands down, that guy has some awesome and funny stories.
  • wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    "If you need it, I got it!"

It's a toss up for me. I really like Jarok. But I have to go with Obisek. The VO absolutely nails it and I love the path his character takes.
  • megan2478megan2478 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Ditto for Obisek.

Though the "Bonnie-kins" character scared the pants off me, the first time.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    enkemen wrote: »
    Jeri Ryan for the few lines she did as Seven, because she felt like the same person she was in the show. The voice acting was spot-on, as was the writing.

My top favourite, though, has to be Kim Rhodes reprising her role as Lindsey Ballard/Jhet'leya. She just comes across so natural. Her humor is smooth but believable, her sweetness is strong but not saccharin, and her empathy just seems so damned genuine. I think she's honestly the best voice actor in the game so far.

I suppose I can't call her memorable, because I didn't think of her until you mentioned her, but it was quite possibly the best voice acting in the game. I'd say that the acting for Harry Kim isn't bad either, basically getting both the young Ensign Kim and the Captain Kim right.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I forgot to add Gaul - the Vaadwaur leader - in my earlier post. While the Vaadwaur themselves are a bit strange (suddenly a large threat just because they get some special tech from the Iconians while their numbers are still few and tech requires learning too - not to mention that they weren't really a threat to us after all although the story does present them as such) Gaul and his voice overs are among the best of the bad guys.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    That should be obvious, you little spy :) Obisek. True badass guy voiced by awesome Eric Newsome.

Another great characters are Cmdr. Tiaru Jarok - Mara Junot's sexy voice , Cpt. Shon - Dave Rivas - he reminds me Shran, Gaul - Liam O'Brian- the best villain in STO
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    The best NPC is the boss voiced by the same guy who does the voice of Duke Nukem.L

Chancellor J'mpok - Jon St.John
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    For me, definitelly Gaius Selan. Loved his character. Kinda wish we had that guy as a boff or something, heh.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    @psychoticvulcan Can't argue over Ethan Phillips/Neelix here, although it's less a statement about the character and more about the skills of the actor.

In retrospect though, I even more believe the most memorable character is Gein from What Lies Beneath. I didn't have to give a name, I didn't have to give a mission, I didn't have to explain any context at all. Just the line, and everyone knew what I meant. That's the definition of memorable.

"Bonnie kins!!! Oh Bonnie kins!!!!!"
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    borg queen!!!!
    nexus.jpg

• isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    Selan 110%, he is a great character and you get a feel for it without them having to do a "so what's your story" option. Carried by a great VO (though they fired him, no?) makes it a great combination.

That said, there is memorable in a good way, and then just memorable. Winter Wonderland takes an otherwise dull character and burns her into your memory - though that is true for many NPCs who are memorable simply through the repetition of the same line "Kurland Here" "It's too bright" "Bonnie-kin!" etc etc.

Though I'll add someone onto this list that has no VO. Cassidy the Comet Crisis Cocktail Connoisseur. The lengths you have to go through just to get her to give you the flux regulator. Nope, I don't like the glass. Take it back, I say!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Excluding the canon characters as I loved all their work (except for Tom 'why the hell am I here when I'm clearly half asleep' Paris)
    I'd go with:

1) Gaius Selan (Gabriel Wolf); Props for getting an actual English actor for the accent unlike with Burgess.
    2) Gaul (Liam O'Brien); An excellent villain, so much better than Sela and Hakeev.
    3) Tiaru Jarok (Mara Junot); The most developed of the Flagship captains.
    4) Obisek (Eric Newsome); A all round well developed character.
    5) Va'Kel Shon (Dave Rivas); An acceptable successor to Data as the current commander of the Enterprise.

These are just the main five who made the most positive impact on me.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    My favorite was Tiaru Jarok right up until Butterfly. I don't know if she had a voice actor change or what during that mission but she definitely sounded a lot better on the prior missions she was in. She was awesome in Capture the flag.

For now I would have to say Sela. Denise Crosby did an amazing job reprising her role. I hope we get to see her again eventually. Obisek would be a close second.
    sstosig2.png
  • hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    Bonnie-kin...

E'genn before he went through "changes".

Cooper as well for some reason. Think it was his constant whining.
  • koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    Wheres Sulu?
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Sela is definately the most memorable for me. So is the "Bonnie Kin" hologram. Captain Taggart is third.

And Tiaru Jarok, though with that one I want to punch her in the face every time I see/hear her.
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    apulse wrote: »
    As the topic says, there are lots of NPC in STO, some are easy to forget and some are hard to forget.
    Of course are those with voice overs easier to remember since you get a better perspective on their personality.

My favorite NPC for years now in STO has always been Haakev, it was a real treat that they brought him back in New Romulus, and the voice over is just pure talent, you really get the feel of him.

Obisek. Hands down badass.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    120px-Rebecca_Simmons.png?version=7d3dff026321850cc8d5c9afbadae75b260px-Manus_of_Borg.png

Rebecca Simmons / Manus of Borg
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I have to second Gaul. Of all the villains we've faced, enemies we've killed, and people we've hated, he's the one I relished facing. Handing him a completely one-sided curbstomp battle was perfect.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • axegaijin13axegaijin13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    <snip>

Though I'll add someone onto this list that has no VO. Cassidy the Comet Crisis Cocktail Connoisseur. The lengths you have to go through just to get her to give you the flux regulator. Nope, I don't like the glass. Take it back, I say!

Hot, sour, a little pick me up, stemmed glass, a drop of honey.

Played it so many times by now I don't even have to look it up :)