test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Flagships - Your Plans for Acquisition

13»

Comments

• wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    No deal - stuff the Odyssey and anything like it.
    A T6 Assault cruiser is my priority. Once that comes out and it's in my collection, then I'll consider buying the Flagships. I do love the look of the Yorktown; still... patience.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    Grind - redirect my normal dil farming for Zen to purchase the ship(s)
    Was already sitting on some 6.5k zen from stipends, and had far more than enough dilithium to convert, in order to buy the 3 faction bundle...​​
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    As with all repaints of what i already have. none
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Wallet - once again flies open for this game
    In part I got it because I didn't have the T5 versions. And really... it's 9-pack or nothing for me. You can't get them piecemeal for anything even close to the price the 9-pack gets. 10k zen is equivalent to a few T5 ships....
    bergins wrote: »
    I find it interesting that, as of my vote, there are equal numbers if people voting on the extreme ends of the scale: 39 on each end, with a small smattering of votes in the middle brackets.
    that is pretty odd
    Well, most people are probably going to hit the 9-pack and not bother with the others.... at 10k you end up paying around a third the full price.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    So, I'm trying to decide whether/how to purchase the Tier 6 Flagships now that they're available, but the grind (particularly for the 9 set) seems really daunting (12k Zen at about 340 dil per zen is about 4.1 million dil). Will I open my wallet for the first time since I bought my LTS (on sale) about two years ago??

How to you intend to acquire them (or not!)?

Optional for posting the below: are you planning to buy just one, just one faction bundle, or the whole set of 9??
    take my wallet​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    So, I'm trying to decide whether/how to purchase the Tier 6 Flagships now that they're available, but the grind (particularly for the 9 set) seems really daunting (12k Zen at about 340 dil per zen is about 4.1 million dil). Will I open my wallet for the first time since I bought my LTS (on sale) about two years ago??

Optional for posting the below: are you planning to buy just one, just one faction bundle, or the whole set of 9??

Don't like any saucer like ships...and will pass this out. Temporal or Tarantula designs are so much ROBUST IMO​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Don't like any saucer like ships...and will pass this out. Temporal or Tarantula designs are so much ROBUST IMO​​
    There's a wedge option for the Oddy now. :p

Oh and for those who are wondering, no the Ad cards aren't +x when alone. They're +8 when paired with Y.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Can i change my vote to "No deal - stuff the Odyssey and anything like it."? I love the ships, but I'm really pissed off about the xp weekend getting the last minute cancel, and I don't give money to companies I'm pissed at.

On a side note, what are some good new games out there right now? I have XBone and an ok PC, and $120 to spend.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Love ships...prefer Alien ships but some of the flagships not bad specially the T6 Scimitar.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    no plans to purchase the oddy again, already have the T5's mothballed forever now....maybe when kdf and rom sci ships come out.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Bought the ODs...love them.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    On the one hand, I do love that they used the name Yorktown for that CV-6 connection. On the other hand, I already have ships coming out of my ears. I see no need to play the same content in an almost imperceptibly different way.

Edit: To expand on that, I have many ships that I have never used. Not even once. Lots of them in fact. Between C-Store, exchange, event ships, I have tons. Never used any of the Breen ships. A couple ships I only got for the trait and never touched again. Lots of mirror ships and dilithium ships when I was padding out my Admiralty roster. Really kind of shipped out, but sadly the entire business seems to revolve around ships, ships, more ships, and ways to store more ships.
    Post edited by hravik on
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I had planned to buy them, but then I noticed that should one have missed the Krenim science ship (limited time etc) then it's impossible to get all 4 consoles no matter how much one spends. Seeing that, it's best to spend nothing and wait for the next big thing to come along.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Wallet - opening it for the first time / first time in ages.
    Since Cryptic made all my T5 ships 'obsolete' :# my wallet has been closed alot more than it used to be. But, as primarily a cruiser driver, I did get these during the sale.