test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game freezing in loading screens and crashing.

2»

Comments

• goldengnugoldengnu Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm having this issue as well, also, send an in-game bug report.
    I always play in Maximized Windowed and still have this problem.
    For me it crash at 42-48% when transferring map.
    I have verified my game files, that didn't fix it.
    I have disabled patch on demand AKA I have downloaded the full client.

Hope the devs fix this soon...
  • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Same here.
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    So since winter event ended, I have been getting very long loading screens all over the maps and often times the game will stop responding in the loading screens. About 1 in 3 screens will crash due to not responding.

Are you using the STEAM client or the ARC Launcher? If you are using the STEAM Client, uninstall STO and install it via the Arc Launcher. This should stop that issue. It did for me. I don't know why but for some reason the location that STEAM installs STO too causes STO issues. You will have to launch the game via the Arc Launcher from now on. (edit)

What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    Thanks for posting that solution pottsey5g, that worked for me and was also a great relief as I've crashed out and logged back in 17 times trying to do today's tickets and preferred dilithium claims
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • rehjaniarehjania Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    same here with issue, stops loading around 97.53 and 97.73, already had reduced file streaming on. tried loading a different character, crashed after loading. using an AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB video card and have 16 GB of RAM
  • kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I have been having this problem for the last two days. On almost every other map transition, the game freezes around 40% and gameclient.exe stops responding. I have tried moving the game from a 7200 rpm drive, to a SSD drive, to a 5600 rpm drive. So far, SSD drive cause the crash every map transition, while I get the least amount of crashes with the 5600 rpm drive. I have tried re-downloading the game multiple times. I have tried to compatibility modes for windows 8, 7, and vista. I am running windows 10. I have tried running as administrator. Game is crashing constantly during map transitions. I have even updated my video drivers (although I doubt that is the issue). I have tried full screen and windowed mode. Same crashes. I have never had this problem before.

Finally tried this:
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    harlequinpixie told me

" Launch the game,
    Go to options,
    Then advanced,
    And finally, turn Reduced file streaming to on.
    Quit the game, then relaunch."

worked for me. No crashing so far.

Guess what? 6 map transitions, no crashes. Thank you!
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    Reduce file streaming does diddly for me, it has been active since day 1 when I first started playing back in S4.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    harlequinpixie told me

" Launch the game,
    Go to options,
    Then advanced,
    And finally, turn Reduced file streaming to on.
    Quit the game, then relaunch."

worked for me. No crashing so far.

Confirmed this fixed for me as well. On the same Advanced tab, I also increased the amount of RAM my video card was using. Was set to 128 MB even though I have 3 GB.

• commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    I am experiencing the same issue on map transitions. It is pretty random which map transition I am making but the game is stalling and becoming unresponsive (freezing and crashing). I will say when I was doing things at my fleet starbase yesterday I crashed four times in a row trying to get to the dil mine from the star base...Once loading in to the starbase space zone, once loading in to the starbase, once loading into the dil mine space zone and FINALLY, once loading into the dil mine ground map.

I thought these issues were fixed a few weeks ago? If the server can not handle all the map transitions, then start getting rid of useless transitions (at least two in the chain I described above are useless).
  • kajarflesterkajarflester Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I also share these/similar problems.
    Extremely long map transitions.
    Freezing or Crash on map transition.
    Menu, Icon, UI, model (Ships, pieces of costumes, devices,etc), animation, effects assets not loading/displaying.
    Freezes or hangs in gameplay (not framerate)
    Freezes or hangs in framerate.
    Detected problem with game files warning.
    Extremely low resolution assets:ships, characters, and effects

What I have tried.
    Adjusted graphics settings.
    Adjusted CPU related graphics.
    Turn On/Off Reduced File Streaming.
    Turn Off, On Demand File Loading.
    Verified File Integrity.

The interesting part.
    I play fullscreen. If I alt-tab out during a load screen but hold the alt-tab down so the game screen is forward but not the active window. The map transitions are sped up considerably. This unfortunately causes the missing assets issues to happen considerably more.

My Specifications.
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40 GHz
    8g RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6700 Driver version 15.200.1062.1003

I have had no success and would love for these issues to be resolved.

• huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User

Are you using the STEAM client or the ARC Launcher? If you are using the STEAM Client, uninstall STO and install it via the Arc Launcher.

Have always used the ARC launcher and getting crashes on loading screens often also.