test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Meh whatever

jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
I remember back when i was big into star trek, the klingons were their own empire always either at war or on the brink of war with the federation, the romulans were this xenophobic race that no one knew what they were up to always plotting or scheming.

There was a sense that the trek universe was big, that there was so much variety that there was alot of diversity, it made the trek universe seem so real as in its diverse nature, then here came enterprise and all of a sudden everyones a member of the federation?

Its that series that kinda ruined trek for me, knowing that all the diversity is going to be written out because of plot device, just stinks even here in STO they couldve used the hobus event to change the course of the everyones a fed head fate, but they didnt and wont.

Ive been a detractor of the JJVerse but in reflection, i think JJVerse is the only true trek left , its still has a diverse universe with so much depth to it , and imo the prime universe is pretty much a dead bloating carcass.

After this game ends if the JJverse does the whole EVERYONES A FED HEAD RAH RAH RAH!! bull im gonna walk away from star trek as a whole , i liked it better when the prime universe was more diverse.

Many will disagree with me and thats ok , but this is how i feel about it .

Comments

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    With any luck the new series (next year) will remedy this somewhat.

I hope your right, i really am hoping the new series fixes alot of what enterprise screwed up.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    little conflict's between fed ,rom and kdf are left in the past now it is borg ,8472 ,various bad powers and galaktic union ...
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Not sure how Enterprise ruined any of that. The Federation didn't even exist at the time, and even when it was founded it only consisted of humans, Vulcans, Andorians, and Tellarites.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    It's called change.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    "There was a sense that the trek universe was big, that there was so much variety that there was alot of diversity, it made the trek universe seem so real as in its diverse nature, then here came enterprise and all of a sudden everyones a member of the federation?"
    Now, disregard the rubber-forhead of the week due to, well, necessary cost-cutting. The Federation doesnt even exist in Enterpris-era.
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I accept your point. But, the way I look at it, just because a race becomes a member of the Federation doesn't eliminate diversity. The whole point of Star Trek is people of different origins and philosophies coming together in peaceful cooperation. If that is under one banner or many, it is still the vision of the future that has been the mainstay of Star Trek for the last 50 years