test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Client Crashing

My Game Client keeps crashing. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it. It crashes on the New Dawn screen.
Veteran lifer since the beta.

Comments

• gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Open up the options window on the launcher,scroll down to command line and enter following code.support told me to do this when I had the same issue a few months ago.If it doesn't work then submit your own support ticket.
    -d3d11Enable 0
  • maxwilsonmaxwilson Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Thank you, that seems to have worked. But why did it mess up in the first place?
    Veteran lifer since the beta.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Will this code work if it keeps crashing ingame?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
      Excessive crashing for myself as of late!

Possible memory leakage detected, when trying to run client in compatibility mode.

Excessive CPU usage on an AMD Athlon X86 7550 dual core 2.5GHz processor.

Exceedingly high RAM consumption when switching maps, as in it keeps getting larger the more you change them, as well as changing characters.

Initial startup, forces my processor to max out to the point of the game client becoming unresponsive, temporarily!!!

This is noticed from having the resource monitor open, monitoring all activity from the game client the entire time!!!
      tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
      My game just crashed about 4 minutes ago. I can't restart it, it's apparently still running. I'm going to have to restart my computer and see if that fixes that part of my problem.
    • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
      edited February 2016
      Client is crashing about once an hour or so. It started happening when the Anniversary started. It appears that I'm only crashing on maps where the Omega Molecule Stabilization minigame is going. I've submitted multiple crash reports, but haven't heard anything back from PWE.

Edit: Also, this is happening on both my computers - and they're completely different types of systems.
      Post edited by fadmbambam on
    • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
      Mine's crashing between map transitions, so it's happening randomly yet frequently.
    • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
      gholendhor wrote: »
      Open up the options window on the launcher,scroll down to command line and enter following code.support told me to do this when I had the same issue a few months ago.If it doesn't work then submit your own support ticket.
      -d3d11Enable 0

The command option doesn't do anything for me. I've submitted multiple tickets, but have not received a single response.