test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game keeps crashing since the latest patch

STO has crashed on me twice in the space of a few hours
NMXb2ph.png
    "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
    -Lord Commander Solar Macharius

Comments

• tdwisetdwise Member Posts: 3 Arc User
      Mine crashes every 30 minutes.
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      tdwise wrote: »
      Mine crashes every 30 minutes.

It's not good, I cannot even risk doing a pve in case it crashes on me and I get a leaver's penalty
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • forstoguyforstoguy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
        edited January 2016
        My client isn't crashing but I am being disconnected from the server at random short intervals. Anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes of play and then booted. Ticket #160128-001582
        Post edited by forstoguy on
        I've notched direct X up to 11, I'm hoping I don't crash
        NMXb2ph.png
        • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
          I'll try the DX11 thing, as I've been having the same problem.

Today, it is asking me to download another patch, I assume it is different from yesterdays.
          My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
          edited January 2016
          Who knows but it's an issue that needs fixing asap, knocking up my direct x to 11 did not work
          NMXb2ph.png
          • tdwisetdwise Member Posts: 3 Arc User
            For some reason game crashes in the signing sequence in the new episode
          • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
            for me, it's crashing randomly when transferring between maps, so some times it's 30 minutes, some times it's at every map transfer.
          • martinn2martinn2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
            Random crashing for me too, 4 times in the last hour, now sending a full dump
            It would be nice if Cryptic's tech support can get onto this
            NMXb2ph.png
            • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
              Excessive crashing for myself as of late!

Possible memory leakage detected, when trying to run client in compatibility mode.

Excessive CPU usage on an AMD Athlon X86 7550 dual core 2.5GHz processor.

Exceedingly high RAM consumption when switching maps, as in it keep getting larger the more you change them, as well as changing characters.

Initial startup, forces my processor to max out to the point of the game client becoming unresponsive, temporarily!!!
              tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
              Ive crashed 3 times today alone.... STO never crashed for me in the last 2 years!
              "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
              I'm going to try a full reinstall and see if that fixes the problem
              NMXb2ph.png
              • phyrexiahphyrexiah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
                I just freshly installed after having to replace my hard drive. It is being insanely ridiculous. It starts up on my second monitor and crashes in safe mode. They better fix this before they lose players. I have the same issue with their other games as well.
              • ltimes2ltimes2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
                Game crashes every time I try to load from the character screen. Everytime. I have not been able to play the game for months. This is NOT a new issue and the devs seem to be doing nothing to fix it. Time to delete and never come back I'm thinking.
                deokkent, Will those solutions work with Windows 7?
                NMXb2ph.png
                • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
                  Excessive crashing for myself as of late!

Possible memory leakage detected, when trying to run client in compatibility mode.

Excessive CPU usage on an AMD Athlon X86 7550 dual core 2.5GHz processor.

Exceedingly high RAM consumption when switching maps, as in it keep getting larger the more you change them, as well as changing characters.

Initial startup, forces my processor to max out to the point of the game client becoming unresponsive, temporarily!!!

That would make sense, since the longer I play, the worse it gets, regardless of restarts. Literally to the point where it happens every. It also effects Champions online, but in a different way. Over there, the game just crashes on me after playing for so long, although since thursday or friday, CO has been flat out crashing on me at the loading screen, much like STO was doing during the winter event.

I wonder if they're even working on it, since it seems like an AMD issue.
                  deokkent wrote: »

A lot of people are using reduced file streaming for more stability. Try it and let me know the results.

I'll try it out of safe mode
                  NMXb2ph.png
                  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
                    deokkent wrote: »

A lot of people are using reduced file streaming for more stability. Try it and let me know the results.

Reduce file streaming has never been my issue, as I have had this on since S4. It wasn't until S9 and beyond, that CTD became an issue, with this issue becoming worse with every new addition to this game!!!

Garbage programming is just that, TRIBBLE poor optimizing is something it seems MMO's tend to be good at as they get older!
                    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
                    I'm in the same both as you are, and since the dilithium event started the game also started crashing more often (every 20 minutes or so now), and thus I'm losing my will to play it anymore. If they don't do something about it soon, I'm leaving for good as this is annoying as hell and makes game unplayable. So fix the TRIBBLE game already!!
                    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
                    SZ1RgUL.jpg
                    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
                    edited February 2016
                    If I play it in safe mode, yeah the graphics may be reduced but even with safe mode, the crash rate has reduced somewhat to maybe 1 crash every hour or so.

Still it's bloody annoying
                    NMXb2ph.png