test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporal Cold War: Good Idea or Bad Idea?

124»

Comments

• gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    Good idea
    Well we know from canon that there is a temporal cold war.. so.... good?
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Good idea
    Whatever as long there is a "new" ship OPKfOKi.png​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    Bad idea
    I'd be nice if they actually did something different. Heck even come up with a new race or...something.

Or better yet....
    valoreah wrote: »
    I'd really love to get back to the roots of Trek and explore some strange new worlds.

Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    Bad idea
    alphahydri wrote: »
    starswordc wrote: »
    Let me put this as delicately as I can: How many times do you have to stick your hand in the time travel fire before you figure out it burns???

The entire arc was terrible and bringing it back was an even worse one. Kudos to Manny Coto for booting it out of the timeline entirely first thing in season 4. Which reminds me: how the hell is it happening at all since, as previously mentioned, it was reverted out of existence?

Seems to me Craptic thought it through about as well as Berman and Braga did.
    Paradoxes, my friend. It may have been reverted out of existence, but it still needs to happen in order for it to be reverted out of existence in the first place. Ya know, the whole "the past is the present, the present is the past" stuff? It's all linked, and even though it may give some people, like Janeway, a headache thinking about it, it still makes sense if you ponder it enough, hence the definition of what a "paradox" is.

I still get flustered when I try to work it out in my head, but just think of it as some weird love-child of the ontological, predestination, and grandfather paradoxes. It doesn't make sense, but it does, but it also kinda doesn't, yet it makes some sense if you know what I mean?

No. None of it makes any sense. It's just made up rules so they can follow their own script. Try not to waste your time trying to make any sense of it, because it makes none.

Welcome to Star Trek btw. :)
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    See how they run with it
    Obviously this will be how we get a T5 Connie, people.
    <3
  • koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Bad idea
    ... When an arc happens only because of [PLOT] reconsider the arc.
  • wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Bad idea
    I didn't like it on Enterprise I don't like the idea here ether. Problem I have with it all is that it TRIBBLE up with the classic story. Great way to butcher when you have lost ideas where to go with the universe. That is my personal opinion.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    Bad idea
    Urgh Cryptic's really decided to go down the time travel rabbit hole of no return...I mean it's hard enough to write good time travel stories but to take the stance that time travel isn't a isolated event anymore and is now going to affect the future of STO? Whatever you thought of the Iconian Arc it's now going to be on steroids....in Cryptic's hands.

I mean I'll give credit to tying up all these concepts from the shows in some logical manner but...sigh* if it's just for the sake of it then we're in for some really messed up stuff. I've resorted to just playing new content then leaving STO on life support but I see the accolades are still do the mission or pop lockboxes/hope others sell the assignments on the exchange which means grinding resources instead of something like exploring and if that wasn't enough there's an accolade for criting them all too.
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    See how they run with it
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Oh god, not the "T-5/T-6 Connie Please!" crowd again...
    no-dear-god-nooo-o.gif
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    See how they run with it
    Oh god, not the "T-5/T-6 Connie Please!" crowd again...
    no-dear-god-nooo-o.gif

Not our fault everyone else is wrong.

<3
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Two things...in DS9, it made it seem that "the entire Alpha Quadrant" was battling to survive against the Dominion, when really only the tiniest portion of it must have been.

And the other...the other-complication.

The reason the Mirror Enterprise episode didn't work was because, you had a ship from the past, travelling into the further past of the mirror universe, etc, etc. It was all too much!

I like the Krenim being the bad guys, but in the episode, is this mirror universe Krenim or just that nutter's followers?
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    Bad idea

If only.

Just about any amount of bad storyline would then be justified at last.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Good idea
    kayajay wrote: »
    Two things...in DS9, it made it seem that "the entire Alpha Quadrant" was battling to survive against the Dominion, when really only the tiniest portion of it must have been.

And the other...the other-complication.

The reason the Mirror Enterprise episode didn't work was because, you had a ship from the past, travelling into the further past of the mirror universe, etc, etc. It was all too much!

I like the Krenim being the bad guys, but in the episode, is this mirror universe Krenim or just that nutter's followers?

My reply is in the spoiler text.
    The Krenim you fight are most likely Krenim that Noye got to join with him through time, maybe from alternate times.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png