test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Giveaway: same old stuff

13»

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Free stuff is always nice. Would like a free character slot to be honest.
    Been looking to expand my chars, but with current exchange rate that has been put on a back burner.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Free Stuff Rocks! I hope we get a trendy doff that can randomly appear like a nurse or the emh doff in combat and venquish my enemies with a massive leek!
  • fourthmentalfourthmental Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Although I have just come back to the game and subbed, I desperately want to level a borg character. Now is the time , with news of the anniversary and people logging back in to reduce the lifetime membership. I would definitely sign up :-)
  • megan2478megan2478 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Free stuf! Yay! <3
  • vinnyc1985vinnyc1985 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    To stop people moaning maybe they should have the option to choose between the free item or a universal tech upgrade or similar.

Love the free stuff btw, good work all :)
  • ariotexariotex Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Since there actually are players, like me, that are somewhat new to the game, ANY free item is worth having. T-something ship ? I don't care what T-level it is, unless it's the same one I got for free while leveling I probably don't have it, and if it is, I guarantee there a are a bunch of other new players that don't have it. Spec points, Dilithium vouchers, costume sets ? Bring em on ! ! !

With so many long term players sitting with their 1B EC bank and their Dilithium bank maxed, prices of anything good are so high us new players have no chance of ever buying them ..... unless we can afford to spend RL money on Zen.

Thank you Cryptic for ANYTHING you decide to give away for free, some of us really appreciate it.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    r24681012 wrote: »
    while i Believe a getting freebies is always good and for Newbbies it is a exciting time alot of the stuff they give away is stuff most people already have do you guys think it would be good if they gave away brand new stuff new uniforms Bridge sets and other stuff created for this event

Hopefully they'll give away a book on punctuation marks and how to use them.
    <3
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Already made use of the spec points and fleet Dilithium pool.

Hoping for more inventory, ship or bank slots. Can never have enough of them!

Of course, a free Lobi/lockbox ship of my choice wouldn't go amiss, but I can dream...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get the 2 free ship upgrade tokens?

I got one on the first day.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User

No, I got 5 Fleet Ship Modules instead. :*
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    If you are talking the 6 days of giveaway forget a t6 ship won't happen. I'm happy with spect points ship slots and hopefully dry dock slots
    Spock.jpg

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Always love free stuff, but I'll admit that the party poppers for this year are a bit uninspired. Last year's was not terribly impressive as well, but years 1-4 were great. I guess you start running out of ideas after awhile. Oh well!

Year 4 is the worst. It's just a vertical version of year 3's balloons. Years 1-3 are great (and 3 was pure awesome until they nerfed the giant balloons), 5 is OK.

But...since they still haven't made party poppers usable from inventory, it doesn't really matter how many good ones there are, since you can only equip 4. :(
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Personally, I'm a fan of anything for free. If it's free it's for me, unless I've got it already, in which case, it's still great that someone else can have it. Thanks to Cryptic and the STO folks for giving us free stuff, regardless of what it is.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I appreciate all free gifts even if its cheezy. I won't complain if someone offers me $20. I won't say back oh only 20? How about 200 that's much better right? I would say thanks for the 20 and have a great day.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User

*stares confusedly*

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »

*stares confusedly*

Probably gold/silver/LTS member rewards

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    ariotex wrote: »
    Since there actually are players, like me, that are somewhat new to the game, ANY free item is worth having. T-something ship ? I don't care what T-level it is, unless it's the same one I got for free while leveling I probably don't have it, and if it is, I guarantee there a are a bunch of other new players that don't have it. Spec points, Dilithium vouchers, costume sets ? Bring em on ! ! !

With so many long term players sitting with their 1B EC bank and their Dilithium bank maxed, prices of anything good are so high us new players have no chance of ever buying them ..... unless we can afford to spend RL money on Zen.

Thank you Cryptic for ANYTHING you decide to give away for free, some of us really appreciate it.

though I am a seasoned player I hold no animosity if cryptic give the occasional item I already have, naturally I hope for the giveaways to be things I can claim and for the most part this is true.
    when they give things like spec points, dil vouchers, upgrade tech and such that can be claimed even if they have been given away on a previous event this is always the case.
    its only when they give away things like ships, uniform, pets and such that there is a problem and at the end of the day why should I be bothered that a new player has been able to claim this and I couldn't, if I already have the thing its not like I'm missing out at all.
    at the end of the day like I have said before, cryptic and star trek online through their generosity definitely give more free stuff away every year then any other online game I have ever played so what has anyone of us got to complain about even if we already have the odd item.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I think the giveaways are fine.. Complaining what is being given out (especially before its all even been given out) not so much. Be glad they give anything away at all - try playing any of the other two space MMOs whose names involve wars in the stars or white robots that are friends with wall-e, see how much free stuff they give you.

Edit: not to mention the free t6 ship with a pretty decent trait attached
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    They'll be giving away a T5 Miranda, non-upgradable, since standard T5 isn't endgame now. :^)
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Most of it will probably be some spec points, R&D packs and stuff like that, which is fine by me. Free stuff is free so it will be taken. ;)
    While I do expect some ships given away I highly doubt it's gonna be above T4 though I'd bet not T3 since that would be stuff like the Vandal (leech), Thunderchild (point defense) and Valdore (forgot the name), etc. Would be pretty insane of them to give one of those away for free.
    Personally I hope for T4 as I recently noticed that I don't own a single one of them. :D

Edit:
    The T4 defiant could be a good guess since that could encourage people to get the whole bunch when the upcoming battlecloak upgrade for the set hits holodeck.

I called it. :D
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I do think they've lost interest in anything less than T6 now. I don't think they're going to mind ruffling some feathers by giving it away...but I doubt right now. I wouldn't mind if the consoles on all of the C-Store ships were truly universal, like they are on the giveaway ships.