test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Un-Refined Dilithium 10 mil Cap Game Mechanics

Been Playing since Beta of this game Would you please consider on increasing the Un-Refined Dilithium 10 mil Cap Game Mechanics. So those that are at this point can enjoy the Dilithium events. and gains doing other STO stuff. Yes I know it would take me 3 years + to re-fine it all, but I tend to just stop playing when I reach to 10 mil un-re-fined CAP. Like today hit the 10 mil in 5 mins.

Comments

• Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Just how did you manage to amass that much dil ore in the first place?

I for one would welcome an account-wide dil & ore pool, with the refining limit increased by 8k for each toon of a certain level (to prevent players creating more purely to refine more dil). It would be handy when completing events that award 30k dil in one go and then taking 5 days to refine it all!
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Just how did you manage to amass that much dil ore in the first place?

Just doing Dill dailies and playing the game. I am not the only 1 who is at this CAP.

I for one would welcome an account-wide dil & ore pool, with the refining limit increased by 8k for each toon of a certain level (to prevent players creating more purely to refine more dil). It would be handy when completing events that award 30k dil in one go and then taking 5 days to refine it all!

• Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    lol nice humblebrag, OP
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    lol nice humblebrag, OP

Yeah. besides that, at 9000 refined per day 10 million would take 1112 days to refine, which you know, so why not just make another toon?
  • Options
    angrybobh wrote: »
    lol nice humblebrag, OP

Yeah. besides that, at 9000 refined per day 10 million would take 1112 days to refine, which you know, so why not just make another toon?

LOL I got 3 accounts and 9 toons 8 toons getting close to 10mil cap my main has been at cap for almost 3 years now
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    O.o?

A life... you have, yes?

(Boggled at the idea of having so much dil on 9 toons...)
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    Wow and I thought I have it bad with around 1 mill together on seven of my characters.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Wtf? :o

I'm not sure what is the bigger problem here, that you possibly must gave turned the game into a full time job to amass that much ore on that many characters, or that you are asking for the cap to be increased yet further?!??

Seriously, why do you need any more ore ever! You could log I each day on each alt and spend seconds refining the stuff and have more than enough for any in game use.
    The refine cap is never going to increase to allow you to use all of that dilithium ore, STO will probably be shut down before you even get close to refining it all!

How to you find time to eat, sleep etc if you've amassed so much ore anyway?
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    As others said, you hit a/the wall. More dilithium ("enjoy the dil event") doesn't do you any good as you have literally reached a point where your in-game posessions cannot be used any more in the games' lifetime. There's nothing left for you to do.

My advice would be to stop doing this because - you're literally caught in a sisyphus task.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Wow and here I thought that mil I have on one of my chars was a lot :smiley: Maybe they should offer a dil cap increase to 1bil in the c-store like with ec. Seriously this game gives so much dil lately that my latest month old char already has over 100k and ever growing. Tomorrow I'll have all my reps at tier 5 so that's another 100k or so.
  • Options
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

I'm not sure what is the bigger problem here, that you possibly must gave turned the game into a full time job to amass that much ore on that many characters, or that you are asking for the cap to be increased yet further?!??

Seriously, why do you need any more ore ever! You could log I each day on each alt and spend seconds refining the stuff and have more than enough for any in game use.
    The refine cap is never going to increase to allow you to use all of that dilithium ore, STO will probably be shut down before you even get close to refining it all!

The 8k refine cap has increased twice since I have been playing additional 500 at Dilithiun mine fleet holding and 1k at Academy 800 day veteran Dilithium Refiner. So you can't say it will never happen. All I want is the un-fined cap at 10mil be raised so it looks like I am accomplishing something. Note again I am not the only 1 with this dilemma.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    starmanj wrote: »
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

The 8k refine cap has increased twice since I have been playing additional 500 at Dilithiun mine fleet holding and 1k at Academy 800 day veteran Dilithium Refiner. So you can't say it will never happen. All I want is the un-fined cap at 10mil be raised so it looks like I am accomplishing something. Note again I am not the only 1 with this dilemma.

But what can hoarding more dilithium ore possible get you? It's not like having that much ore gets you a shiny title to wave about, or gets you access to special ships etc.
    You won't gain anything from it and this sort of thing must affect such a tiny minority of players I just don't think it's worth their time.
    Use that ore you've got hoarded up to buy everything in the game if you feel like it, buy every c-store ship, every lockbox and lobi ship, every single thing you can possibly purchase. That's your reward for grinding like mad to amass so much.

Why not just settle for the fact that you're set for life in STO and go and enjoy the game knowing you don't ever need to worry about the cost of anything ever again, you are no longer a slave to the grind as you don't need the resources. That in itself should make you feel like you accomplished something.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    Hoarding more dilithium probably won't get me anything other than the fact I would be getting something for playing the game the very reason why people play games. I go over the 10mil cap everyday day for the past 3 years watching the over amount of DIL go into computer land with nothing to show for the effort. I do tend not to play as much because of this, only events new episodes and new foundry missions which I do enjoy doing. LOL I would be willing to pay in Zen to go over the Cap limint like you had to on EC Cap increase just put in the store I bet they would get some sells on it
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Hoarding more dilithium probably won't get me anything other than the fact I would be getting something for playing the game the very reason why people play games. I go over the 10mil cap everyday day for the past 3 years watching the over amount of DIL go into computer land with nothing to show for the effort. I do tend not to play as much because of this, only events new episodes and new foundry missions which I do enjoy doing. LOL I would be willing to pay in Zen to go over the Cap limint like you had to on EC Cap increase just put in the store I bet they would get some sells on it

If you have this much dilithium for numerous years in a row you probably already own everything there is to own as well. Which means you literally completed the game. It is over. Back in the days we got a black screen saying "Conglatulation! You are the best!" (yes, typos are intented, that's how you knew it was legit pig-3.gif) - you finished STO.

If you just want to play on to see some numbers change and that's enogh for you to spend your time and efforton the game maybe you could found a new fleet and build it up by yourself or anything - but I don't think Cryptic will raise the cap like that (they might, who knows). But again - you completed the game. It's over. You won pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    Maybe I should ask this differently on Game Mechanics and a good suggestion lets add to store a un-refined Dilithium ore Cap increase and while you at it a re-fined cap increase TOKENS from 10mil to what ever, (Like the Ec cap increase token is in store now). For those players who want to buy it. This way it won't effect those that don't need or want it. A quick cut and paste from EC Increase and change variables around and add Icons and links to store would be all it would take to do it.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Or...like I said, the devs could not waste even one millisecond on what is basically just YOU. Do you see any of those many other players that have this issue coming to your support? Looks like a no...so once again, it's JUST YOU.

Look in General Discussions where most people reply. I put it here cause it should be consider as feedback/suggestion and It does hurt to ask it would be more money in STO's pockets.
    Post edited by starmanj on
  • Options
    Or...like I said, the devs could not waste even one millisecond on what is basically just YOU. Do you see any of those many other players that have this issue coming to your support? Looks like a no...so once again, it's JUST YOU.

Look in General Discussions where most people reply. I put it here cause it should be consider as feedback/suggestion and It does hurt to ask it would be more money in STO's pockets.

Umm...yeah not seeing it general either. And how is wasting dev time...even if it is a cut and paste for you to convert your dil into zen to get this thing more money for them? Because really, you STILL have failed to show how this case is beyond JUST YOU. Unless they make it like 1000 bucks...I'm not seeing it.

I am glad to see your the developers representative This was only meant to be feedback/suggestion and a darn good idea.
    Here the link in general discussions: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1209036/can-we-please-raise-the-un-refined-cap-dil/p1
  • Options

Umm...yeah not seeing it general either. And how is wasting dev time...even if it is a cut and paste for you to convert your dil into zen to get this thing more money for them? Because really, you STILL have failed to show how this case is beyond JUST YOU. Unless they make it like 1000 bucks...I'm not seeing it.

I am glad to see your the developers representative This was only meant to be feedback/suggestion and a darn good idea.
    Here the link in general discussions: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1209036/can-we-please-raise-the-un-refined-cap-dil/p1

So...your proof that other have this issue is a thread YOU STARTED. Umm yeah...once again, it's JUST YOU. And most of the replies to your other post was no...or a joke on you that you failed to get. And by darn good idea, you mean a complete waste of time...then yes. If we are going by the traditional definition...then you missed that mark by miles. Even fools think their ideas are good...the truely wise know when they made a mistake. You sir have made a blunder of epic scales. Are you going to have the minimal wisdom to see it and move on...or are you gonna triple down since your attempt at doubling down by using YOUR OWN POST to show how others have this same issue has failed so epically. Or did you actually expect that to work? Did you not realize I have a brain? I know that the intelligence of people these days is abyssmally low, but you seriously couldn't have expected that to work. If you did...man, my rather low expectations of humanity just dropped 80 points.

I take it you did not see the pic with 10mil un-refined dil then re-look. and I am sure it was a wate of Time for STO to put the Ec Cap Increase in the store as well. Anyways I'll bring this up next year, if nothing happens.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Ok so what if is all me, but I drought it. This was only feedback/suggestion to STO/PW, and by the number count of your postings and reading some of them with all your helpful comments towards other OPers we all know what you are.
    Post edited by starmanj on
  • Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    most people want daily refining cap raised because they already have more dilithium than they can refine in this lifetime. I don't see how hoarding MORE unrefined dilithium is in any way a good thing, practically or psychologically
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    lol let me rephrase for the OP:

"How do I fit this stack of 100's in my wallet?!?!?"
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Well I find it difficult to sympathize with your over 10 million dilithium problem but that is simply out of jealousy. You've obviously worked-out a good system & invested the time to amass such an amount so kudos to you.

The dilithium refinement cap per day definitely needs to be increased, at least for subscribers/Lifers, so there could be another small perk in not being free-to-play.

Didn't Cryptic just increase the Energy Credit overall cap just so items could be more expensive on the Exchange so they could just as easily do that with the dilithium.

Or, Cryptic could rid STO of the choke-point altogether & banish the "unrefined" dilithium. The STO economy is going totally bonkers already so let it loose LOL.
  • Options
    aliguana wrote: »
    most people want daily refining cap raised because they already have more dilithium than they can refine in this lifetime. I don't see how hoarding MORE unrefined dilithium is in any way a good thing, practically or psychologically

Psychologically is watching my over cap Dil ore go into a bit bucket never to be seen again God for bid doing Klingon tour and losing 30k dill ore in a sec (: Nothing to show for it