test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do your starship captains have any... "addictions"?

Comments

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    (I still don't get all the Tovan hate. He fits in great with my Fed-Rom crew even if he is a hothead. ;) )

Well, at this point I might as well just contribute to the thread...

Vice Admiral Tayben Berat (a dual-commissioned CDF liaison) as it turns out, is quite a foodie. Not in the high-brow way, but very much prefers things with more mass appeal. Think more Guy Fieri in tastes, than Ratatouille. ;) He'll turn down snooty establishments to sample popular restaurants and (if planetside) good street food if he comes across it. When it comes to Earth, an ideal vacation would include sampling the cuisine of Japan, China, and Southeast Asia, which he considers the best we have to offer by a landslide.

Thankfully for his physique, his love of eating is matched by his love for some very physically active hobbies (that kind of explains the volume he can take in!), particularly loving swimming and all sorts of water sports, and holodeck LARPing on various campaigns including a Hebitian sci-fi adventurer a bit in the vein of Star-Lord (yes, I took a Vaadwaur outfit and altered it...that and a polaron compression pistol that screams "cheesy sci-fi weapon).

Alexei Ivanovich Strannik, because of his radically different biology, is unable to partake in many of the typical humanoid addictions. In contrast, his love for listening to and making music--although he rarely allows the full extent of his talent to be evident to others--borders on obsession. He has an extensive collection music and of holo-recordings of concerts, as well as programs simulating various famed recording studios. He sings, plays piano and knows how to DJ and produce an album pretty much from concept to final production...though as I said before, few know the full extent of his talents and the few things that have seen mass release have been under an assumed name (though even this is quite rare because he does not want fame). Note: He is NOT adept with woodwinds and brass, partly because it's instinctively difficult for him as a Devidian under his human disguise, to get his mind wrapped around these types of instruments despite being conversant in the theory. (He also cannot whistle and almost certainly will never learn.)

Unlike most addictions, though, it is strongly suspected that this is normal functioning for his species, since natural Devidian language is likely cetacean-like in nature, wherein music and speech are a single concept rather than two. He only speaks humanoid languages but the "compulsion" towards music is thought to be an expression of natural, normal instinct and perhaps even necessary for his psychological well-being in light of his human upbringing.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Don't get my started on Eddie (the Epohh)'s addictions. He's addicted to galactic conquest in a very Pinky and the Brain way, with himself as the brain and whatever random creature he meets as Pinky.

"What are we gonna do tonight Eddie?" "Same thing we do every night" Eddie says to the baby mugato/risian caracal/iconian jellyfish thing..

"Try and take over the galaxy!"

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I wouldn't say Gregs has an addiction to anything, as he has a Vulcan tolerance for alcohol, meaning only Romulan Ale really affects him. He is interested to reverse engineering new technology, and is currently interested in cracking Iconian technology. He also loves exploring, and would rather be a teacher or explorer/adventurer/trail blazer like Voyager was in the Delta Quadrant, minus the 70k light year difference.

While I wouldn't say he is addicted to time travel, more like time travel is addicted to him.
    aten66 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say Gregs has an addiction to anything, as he has a Vulcan tolerance for alcohol, meaning only Romulan Ale really affects him. He is interested to reverse engineering new technology, and is currently interested in cracking Iconian technology. He also loves exploring, and would rather be a teacher or explorer/adventurer/trail blazer like Voyager was in the Delta Quadrant, minus the 70k light year difference.

While I wouldn't say he is addicted to time travel, more like time travel is addicted to him.

Well sugar can make a vulcan drunk far easier than alcohol can. It's how my Romulan got addicted to root beer in the first place- same physiology.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Aside from being a genocidal maniac who's wiped out tens of thousands of just about every species he's encountered, he's a really great guy, honest! Also has a manic obsessive thing about the consoles on his ship being the same colour. "There's... a... blue... next... to... the... gold... console!! AHHHHH!" I think he's starting to get a reputation because when I talk to other people in STO they don't say my name when the dialog comes up, it's written but it's like they choose to ignore me because I'm a disgrace to the Federation and what it stands for (not genocide and more thirst for combat than the most angry Klingon Warrior).

/sarcasm.

Seriously, I've never really considered it. I like to give my characters a little backstory along with my BOFF's but no they don't have any addictions that I'm aware of. Maybe my Romulan has a fondness for Ale but who knows!
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    All of my Captains are badly addicted to Dilithium, Marks(of ANY type), and shiny objects. All of which they collect far more of than is good for them. They then use a darkly mysterious alchemy procedure to turn the aforementioned shiny objects to gold. This procedure is not quite understood by the Sages(?) who created it. Thus, it results about half the time in now golden shiny objects which are quite worthless yet still BTC. I am nearly certain the Sages(?) who made this alchemy process used to convert ordinary shiny objects into golden ones are sadists of the very worst sort. Who laugh all the way to the bank at my gullability and foolishness.

Fie upon it! A pox on all their houses!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    I am trigger-happy. And I am an antiproton purist.

Does that count?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • ghostwoldghostwold Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Fleet Admiral Xavik Lovok, a Reman, drinks strange cocktails made my his Medical Boff which usually ends up with either him waking up on the hull of his ship in an EV suit, crashes into starbases or him "piloting" his fleet's starbase to some random part of the galaxy. Last drink that Xavik drank ended up with the fleet starbase in the middle of the Undine Battlezone.
    My name is supposed to be GhostWolf but I mistyped and I'm stuck with this name...
    ghostwold wrote: »
    Fleet Admiral Xavik Lovok, a Reman, drinks strange cocktails made my his Medical Boff which usually ends up with either him waking up on the hull of his ship in an EV suit, crashes into starbases or him "piloting" his fleet's starbase to some random part of the galaxy. Last drink that Xavik drank ended up with the fleet starbase in the middle of the Undine Battlezone.

Whatever he's drinking, I want some lol.

gradii wrote: »
    Whatever he's drinking, I want some lol.

One of the drinks Xavik was served was a combination of Distilled Risian Wine, Ketracel-white and Tricordrazine
    My name is supposed to be GhostWolf but I mistyped and I'm stuck with this name...
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    For all my characters, including two planned-but-as yet-uncreated...

FED:
    Drake (Male Human Tac): Collects weapons, has a collection that would frighten most Federation citizens and impress some Klingons.

Vortek (Male Vulcan Eng): Has a secret stash of real tobacco that he uses when running a Sherlock Holmes program on the holodeck.

Therm (Male Andorian Eng): Watches classic cartoons from 20th Century Earth, considers them the 'highest form of Human achievement."

M'Sanawa (Male Caitian Eng): Drinks, swears and studies military history

Jouster (Male Human Eng): Since the character, his ship and crew are one big Red Dwarf joke, he plays guitar and sings... badly.

Sica (Female Bajoran Eng): Drinks Kanar, has a small still hidden in one of the cargo bays to make it.

Grogan (Male Tellarite Eng): Strangely fond of 20th/21st Century Earth Jazz, Swing and similar musics

Klaa (Male Klingon Eng): A gourmet chef, creates strange Klingon-fusion dishes... Crew still isn't sure what to think about 'Chicken-Fried Targ'.

('male' 'Undine' Eng): d20 RPGs fascinate him

KDF:
    Wh'chita (Male Orion Sci): Plays cards

K'saur (Male Gorn Eng): Secretly fascinated by the human concept of 'ninjas'.

Katze (Male Ferasan Eng): Addicted to trouble. Seriously. If he's not already in trouble, he will invariably find some way to get into trouble.

Ras'lor (Male Klingon Eng): Studies captured Federation MACO training material.

Farago (Male Lethean Eng): Swimming, he could enter a body of water and stay there for days if he could.

Kehla (Female Klingon Eng): Reading; prefers mysteries, has a large collection of vintage Perry Mason and Nero Wolfe books that she enjoys.

Conphed (Male Nausicaan Tac): Blowing stuff up, which is probably why he and his ship end up getting assign to space debris clearance duty so often...

ROM:
    Jathan (Male Romulan Eng): Fancies himself an actor, crew usually thinks he more of an 'overactor'. Dreams of one day having the entire set of 'Death by Shakespeare' hologrammatic duty officers...

R'mel (Male Reman Eng): Hiking through woods after dark

Kirque (Male 'Hirogen'-Alien Eng): When he's not hunting prey, he loves to eat.

Iliana (Female 'Romulan-Cardassian half-breed'-alien Eng): Secretly plots ways to destroy the Dominion in case they ever try to invade the Alpha/Beta Quadrants again, determined to succeed where her parents failed.

Livanus (Male 'Neosapian'-alien Eng): Comparitive History, studies the history of all the major species for notable similarities

(Male 'Garidian' Eng): Collects rare vintages of Chateau Picard just to feed the wine to his tribbles and smash the bottles, doesn't like Jean-Luc Picard and the Enterprise-D for the part they played in the late 2360's revolution on Garidia.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    ghostwold wrote: »

This made me lol. Seriously, how does one FLY a fleet starbase from the Fed-KDF border to the Jouret System gateway, THROUGH the gateway (which is too small for a starbase), then through the Dyson Sphere into the battlezone?
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    Well Kay has an obsession with collecting Tribbles, Lily's addiction is genocide and Emma... Crafting materials.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    admiralnat wrote: »
    This made me lol. Seriously, how does one FLY a fleet starbase from the Fed-KDF border to the Jouret System gateway, THROUGH the gateway (which is too small for a starbase), then through the Dyson Sphere into the battlezone?

It involves using shuttles being auto piloted in sync and using tractor beams to tow the starbase for the flying part. For the gateway the Voth got their Citadel Dreadnought though the gateway in the mission A Step Between Stars and that ship is huge, so why not a fleet starbase when positioned correctly? Although everyone doesn't know how he did all that in a super drunk state.
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Turbomagnus: I'm jealous of your imagination, mine is sulking at the moment. Those all sound great fun!
    Thunderfoot006: :D
    Ghostwold: :D:D (OT: the username you did end up with is rather fine, sounds like a great setting for a fantasy game. )

My main, Ellen, seems to be one of the few Starfleet captains who isn't a drunk... Bringloid Colony is divided roughly into the Drunk and the Sick-Of-Everyone-Being-Drunk-When-You-Want-Them.

Her XO has an unfortunate weakness for mad science. Especially unfortunate because Ellen's reaction when she finds out is usually to join in and see how much mess they can make before anyone catches them.

The Caitian pilot is addicted to replicating raw meat and eating it ostentatiously in front of more delicate members of the crew.
  • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    This topic made me laugh on more than a several occasions and therefore I think it is really great and I'm now going to contribute with my own stuff :D

So let's start with my main:

Name: Sirius Verax
    Species: Human-Cardassian hybrid
    Career: Starfleet combat engineer/ship pilot/explorer/research and development
    Rank: Fleet Admiral, but prefers to be addressed as Captain and although he was promoted he clearly explained to SFHQ that he doesn't want to be stuck behind desk and that he hates bureaucracy so they decided to let him continue what he does best - commanding starships, exploring galaxy and defending Federation and her allies against threats of any kind.

A brief history: Sirius is one of the first human-cardassian hybrids in galaxy and first with dual citizenship of Federation and Cardassian Union. His father is Cardassian from Cardassian Prime, while his mother is human from Sigma Draconis where Sirius was born. He has enlisted for Starfleet Academy as soon as he was out of elementary school and graduated faster than the most of his peers, and besides that he graduated in more departments than SFA students usually do including combat engineering, starship maneuvering, space exploration and advanced R&D. That's the reason why people and even his enemies call him jack of all trades. He was reported as extremely dangerous individual by several hostile governments and organizations which as Sirius says could be very flattering.

And now to the most interesting part: Being a child of two worlds, Sirius has many obsessions, or should I say hobbies.
    The first is that he likes to change his starships a lot and recently he does it quite frequently. Thus far he has been in command of more than a dozen different starships. Most of his ships are of Federation design, but some of them are alien in origin like his current Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier which he found abandoned in the gamma quadrant just few light years away from the wormhole. Others are Cardassian Galor which he received from Cardassian Union as a sign of gratitude do to his efforts in restoration of Cardassia Prime, and the second one is Kobali Samsar Cruiser which he was given as reward after he managed to drive off the Vaadwaur from Kobali's homeworld. He has also in possession a variant of Prometheus class advanced escort from Mirror Universe which he managed to capture after throwing remainder of her previous crew through the airlocks :D
    It is also worth mentioning that Sirius refuses to command anything less than 400 meters in lenght and he was seriously dissapointed when he was given command of retrofitted Miranda class. However, that same disappointment made him to progress very fast to a next rank and new ship which was new Excalibur class and a real cruiser.
    He says that his best command was one on Sovereign class starship and he is now waiting Starfleet engineers to build him a new one which would be up to specs with ships of current generation. In the meantime he is throwing a suggestions about how they should construct her.
    Sirius also likes flying his starships very fast, even in the dense asteroid fields. It was more than several on a several occasions that he replaced his helmsman in order to fly himself and get tactical edge over his enemies or just enjoy in speeding through asteroid fields. He also enjoys departing from starbases/drydock with half of impulse speed and scaring his bridge officers by it just for fun and a good laugh.

His second obsession are women and he managed to sleep with almost every single of his female bridge officers, or at least with most of them. And there were also others from all around the galaxy. At certain occasions it was reported that he was seen going to his quarters along with two or more women. However, he rarely brags about his successes with women, because he is still trying to find one special girl that he would like to spent the rest of his life with. She must be pretty, smart and to have a lot of things in common with him.

His third hobby is drinking bottles and bottles of Kanar. Even though he's not alcoholic, Sirius can't resist a fine taste of Kanar, especially type 29 which is one of the rarest and best in the Cardasian Union. He also likes to sometimes try new drinks from other races, but always returns back to Kanar. It is also rumored that he has a warehouse filled to brim with Kanar somewhere on Sigma Draconis. He also likes to experiment with mixing various drinks and making very powerful drinks. His most famous drinks he made are called Ion Storm and Black Hole which ingredients are unknown, because he wants to make their production a business once he retires from Starfleet. Sirius advises that such drinks are only for extreme circumstances like when people are being heart broken or furious as they have a very quick calming effect. More than one standard 0.2 dl glass of those drinks can cause instantaneous dizziness.
    Besides drinks Sirius also likes various exotic and tasty foods from all around the galaxy. One of his favorite dishes from Earth are lobsters, calamari with fries and a kebab, while from Cardassia Prime he mostly likes yamok sauce and fried Cardassian vole. There are many other dishes Sirius also likes, but the list would be way too long so I'm not getting into it.

His fourth passion is some classic alternative music from the late 20th/early 21th century including some of the band like Running Wild, Iron Maiden, Disturbed, Metallica, Hammerfall, Skillet and others. He even plays electric gutair, although he still needs a lot of practice in it, but he is working on improvement at that field. He especially likes headbanging and that's the reason why he keeps his hair shoulder-long (besides claiming and hearing from the most of women that he is better looking with it).

Sirius' fifth significant hobby is restoration and ocassional driving of vintage american muscle cars from 20th century like Dodge Charger, Ford Mustang, Pontiac Firebird and such. It was reported that he occasionally used some of such vehicles on ground battlezones and used them to run over multiple enemies. On one occasion he even succeeded in ramming enemy shuttle with his Dodge Charger RT from year 1969.

Besides all that Sirius is having several pets which include a cats, small T'Rex like dinosaur, Lunarian Caracal and a tropical birds. He is very fond of them and likes showing them around and sometimes use them to distract enemies during ground combat. And he also likes flying with his tropical birds on Risa while using his personal flyer.

And now onto my alts:

Name: Adria Tyllex
    Career: Starfleet tactical operations/temporal research
    Species: Trill

Brief history: Only 20 years old, Adria managed to burn through ranks due to her vigilance in dealing with various Federation enemies and partially due to her connection with Sirius Verax. There are also other reasons, but they are classified by temporal agency. Just like Sirius, due to her incredible combat skills she managed to retain command of her latest starship - USS Thunderblade (Prometheus class). The rest, or should I say most of her history has been classified by temporal agency.

Onto hobbies/addictions: Adria Tyllex is very passionate about blasting her enemies into oblivion with her multi-vector assault escort and she wouldn't pick any other ship beside her.
    She also loves dealing with temporal troubles and thinks that Back to the Future trilogy is one of the best movies she watched. She considers that a true masterpiece of human film making industry. One of her shipmates likes to ride with Adria in her Delorean DMC-12 from 1980's modified to the specs from Back to the Future part 2. She even installed her hovering thrusters.
    Besides that she likes wearing revealing type of uniforms which usually include miniskirts and short open tops.
    Also she likes partying and dancing very much. During vacation she likes spending time on Risa and powerboarding as much as she can.
    While Adria is not much of a drinker, she likes tropical cocktails and cup or two of a Raktajino in the early mornings.

Name: Kil'ina
    Career: Soldier of Romulan Republic/New Romulus restoration coordinator/Plasma weapons expert
    Species: Romulan

Brief history: Due to the lack of ships in Romulan Republic as well as due to her skills in combat with various enemies Kil'ina managed to retain command of her warbird. She is currently looking for a new starship with more firepower and a hangar bay for her newly received complement of Scorpion fighters. She is also thinking about replacing them with drones in the future, but in the meantime she'll settle for Scorpions. When she is not commanding her ship, Kil'ina helps organizing restoration efforts of her new homeworld and she also transports necessary resources to other Romulan and Reman worlds affected by Hobus disaster.

Onto her hobbies/addictions: Kil'ina's most favorite hobby are plasma weapons and everything about them. There are no other type of weapons aboard her vessels and she is always interested in improving their firepower and occasionally mixing them with various other weapon types. Currently she is working on prototype omega plasma torpedo which should have devastating effects on enemy vessels.
    Besides fiddling with plasma weapons, Kil'ina enjoys playing 3D chess, 8-ball pool, darts and ping-pong with her crew mates and friends.
    She also likes to have a couple of Romulan Ale glasses from time to time. It is not known how and where she gets it from, but Kil'ina supplies so far never ran out before she received next shipment. Despite the protests of her superiors, Kil'ina is not even thinking about getting herself deprived from that particular pleasure.
    Unlike Adria, Kil'ina is not really fond of revealing clothes and she prefers official uniforms.

Name: Ghol'Vaq Martok
    Career: KDF soldier and engineer/temporal researcher/Mok'bara master
    Species: Klingon

Brief history: Coming from a house of Martok, Ghol'Vaq had a difficult time in overcoming death of chancellor Martok who was his greatest model of true honorable Klingon and his mentor during his childhood. Other Klingon he admires is Ambassador Worf which he considers as a very good friend and while Ghol'Vaq knows that Worf cannot truly replace Martok as his mentor, he is still the best choice given the fact that he was Martok's best friend. Ghol'Vaq has difficult time accepting the rule of house of Duras which he belives are a shame of the Empire and are leading his people to their own demise. However, he had to enlist as KDF soldier so that he can enter high council in the future, and deal with house of Duras once and for all. He also believes that Duras family is responsible for Martok's deaths and is trying hard to suppress his rage towards J'mpok, but he is resisting it successfully, because he knows that the time for revenge will come and that he'll be getting his hands around J'mpok's neck.
    As for the Federation, like Martok and Worf, Ghol'Vaq considers them as allies and despises when is being ordered to destroy Federation ships and kill Starfleet officer. However, Ghol'Vaq comforts him selves that their deaths are not in vain and that once he becomes leader of Empire he will restore Khitomer accords and cease all hostilities between them.
    Meanwhile he is commanding retrofitted K'Tinga class cruiser and battles enemies of the Empire while keeping his ship equipped with best weapons, shields, engines and other equipment as well. So far IKS Koloth is his third command and he relishes the idea of getting in command of Negh'Var class battleship in the near future.

During his free time, Ghol'Vaq spends his time like most of the other Klingons by drinking large amounts of Blood Wine, fighting in arenas with bat'leth and other Klingon melee weapons, mating with various females (he is especially fond of Orion women) and listening to Klingon opera. However, he has one rather unusual hobby for a Klingon warrior and that is painting various things (mostly horizons, vehicles and people). Besides that he is also fond of learning about various cultures from all over the galaxy.

I think that's it. Who do you think is the best of those 4, or should I say the most crazy? :D
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Adm. Liam St.Claire of the U.S.S. Callisto doesn't really have any addictions, but he has to tell every new officer on his ship about that one time he met Kathryn Janeway at a science convention. They pretend to be interesed, but, they are not.
    Post edited by javaman1969 on
    His methods have become unsound.
    General Xela Z'tira of the Klingon Empire eats Gagh - With a fork like spaghetti.

• rambowdoubledashrambowdoubledash Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Captain Talzelyhirrnn sh'Sihl
    Andorian shen, Federation

Coffee, black and hot. People tend to forget that Andorians can tolerate both temperature extremes - they can live at temperatures near the boiling point of water for days at a time. Basically this means that it's rare that a food or drink will be 'too hot' for them. Anyway, Zelyh (pronounced Zehl-eehh, the H is actually pronounced as a breathing out sound) likes her coffee to be as close to the boiling point of water as possible. Unfortunately, while she's aware that her Andorian metabolism, being faster than a human's, will burn through caffeine faster than a human's would, Zelyh has yet to be informed that caffeine is also only about half as effective at giving energy on Andorian physiology as it is on a human's. So in other words she needs to drink four cups of coffee to get the same effect as a human would from one.

Admiral Traja Aelhih
    Romulan female, Romulan Republic

Chocolate, particularly the sort made au naturel (i.e., not replicated) in Switzerland. Traja was raised in the Federation (long story) and even attended Starfleet Academy, but dropped out and went to Romulan space over increasing dissatisfaction with the way the Federation was handling events in the post-Hobus Star Empire, eventually settling on Virinat. Then things went to Hell after that. While she doesn't really regret leaving the Federation, it is hard to get one's hands on some uniquely Terran products within the fledgling Republic. Chocolate is by far the biggest loss in that regard.
    edited November 2015
    Hmm...I would think that chocolate would become easier to import once the alliance with the Federation began. ;)

Which reminds me...Berat's XO, Commander Joan Redmond, formerly a human from a pre-Federation Earth colony world, is a Liberated Borg who was among the first ever to survive liberation, not long after Picard. The physical alterations were so severe that those changes could not be reversed, but she was only within the Collective for fourteen hours, so her personality is basically intact save for some very human PTSD and bouts of depression (both of which she is now able to manage adequately for duty with the help of a counselor).

One thing sure to brighten her day whenever she comes across it, though, is chocolate. The Borg didn't leave her with much of a digestive system, but she's still able to get a little taste of things and she's got her priorities straight when it comes to chocolate. She's sampled and enjoyed many types of chocolate, but other than those from her homeworld, which she is often not able to obtain because of their restrictive trade policies, her favorite is Ghirardelli, which as you might imagine, being headquartered in San Francisco, does a LOT of business with Starfleet Academy cadets, and the graduates that they manage to get hooked on their products. ;)

If you know her well enough/have enough sense to realize that a) you shouldn't treat her like the "typical maladjusted drone" that won't even admit to having a name, and b) being so human at heart, you can make her really happy by enabling her chocolate "addiction," you're probably on the way to getting along well with her.

(Not stealing your idea, rambow...if you search enough you'll find plenty of documented evidence I've worked on this separately for a long time. :D )

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • rambowdoubledashrambowdoubledash Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    Hmm...I would think that chocolate would become easier to import once the alliance with the Federation began. ;)

You'd think that, but the Republic's kind of been busy what with there being one crisis after another with little time for leave between them, not to mention all the effort needed to set things up on New Romulus meaning that any time spent not gallivanting across the Galaxy is mostly spent there. So it's easier to import, but still not easy by any means.
    edited November 2015
    gulberat wrote: »

You'd think that, but the Republic's kind of been busy what with there being one crisis after another with little time for leave between them, not to mention all the effort needed to set things up on New Romulus meaning that any time spent not gallivanting across the Galaxy is mostly spent there. So it's easier to import, but still not easy by any means.

True. However, presuming she's the "hero commander" from the Romulan plotline, I would say she's entitled to call in a favor or two. Unlike certain other items, there's nothing unsafe about chocolate except to one's waistline. :D

Aaaaaand...Post 5000!!! My work here for tonight is done. ;)

• hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Kyle Sinclair is rather fond of tranya when off-duty; his favored beverages while on duty are fruit juices and -flavored sodas (citrus, peach, strawberry and blackberry in particular), as well as root beer. (He enjoys it for its own sake, and smiles or blushes whenever its supposedly "quintessentially Federation" character is brought up.) And yes, he likes chocolate too. None of these quite qualify as addictions, though; "beating himself up for not being perfect" might, but he's been getting better about that.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Krystal "Rattler" Jade is... a chocoholic. She loves chocolate.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Seifer is addicted to ketracel white. He doesn't need it. He's a Trill. But he can quit anytime. It's more of a recreational drug, which he only does on days he's a guest at kindergarten classrooms and days he's not. The kids think he's great, albeit a little agitated and aware of sounds and voices that no one else is aware of. But he's good. You know. Just one more vial is all he needs. To get off it. That's all.

Menchez can't get enough of heart of targ. It's meant to be a traditional food, but he has to have it everyday. He's gaining a lot of weight this holiday season and leaving a lot of un-hearted targs all over the ship. He's not even being covert about it. Just having his ship rendezvous with targ traders and taking in all the targs he can get. There's a stench now.
    Post edited by hawku001x on
    wombat140 wrote: »
    Turbomagnus: I'm jealous of your imagination, mine is sulking at the moment. Those all sound great fun!

Thanks, I'll admit that some seem to be a little sillier than others (Ninja Gorn, for example... what was I thinking?) but they help make them that much more 'real' to me...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    Admiral Cadror Alk Trum, my Tellarite Eng toon, sometimes goes into the Jefferies tubes to try on retired SF uniforms in this one area with a mirror he secretly beamed in. The 2278-2350's version is a favorite of his.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    My original (Human) is a cigarette smoker and heavy drinker (but not an alcoholic). Enjoys a fine stogie on special occasions.

Other than that, none of the other ten characters have any real bad habits. Unless you count my Gorn's tendency to use profanity frequently, regardless of who's around. The aforementioned original character tends to cuss a lot too. But at least he knows when to "turn it off" unless really pissed off.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    My captain and senior staff addictions

Captain Harrigan- Coffee and lots of it
    Commander Eliza Flores- Bad temper and prone to random acts of violence (she has one rule, don't f**k with Flores), coffee and chocolate
    Lt Cmd Janie Clemens-Tea
    Lt Cmd Five of Eight- Tinkering with ship's systems
    Lt Solat- Human detective novels
    Lt Holdy- Human romance novels
    Cmd Rilarei- Tuning engines
    Cmd Salul- Vulcan spiced tea
    Lt Cmd Krasnova- Russian vodka
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      I've since created two new characters, so I'll add them;

Nutzen (Male FED Ferengi Eng) (German for 'Profit') has a large collection of currency from various cultures that has nothing to do with his financial assets. Starfleet Command can usually bribe him into taking on crazy missions with a rare coin he wants for his collection - much to his crew's dismay.

Daiba (Male KDF Joined Trill Eng) doesn't entirely trust himself anymore, he regrets being Joined and is suspicious of whether or not any given action is actually his own idea or is that of the Symbiote.