test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unofficial Official Bug Thread for Season 11 Foundry Downtime!

Comments

• primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    ishigawa1 wrote: »
    Any updates on how much longer, or am I still going to sit here like a gopher waiting to see if a grenade will roll into its' hole or not?

Not too much longer I think. It seems like the auto-republish process is either very close to done or actually done (a mission of mine [still in review published a week before downtime] came back up, I imagine that was probably way towards the bottom of the list.) We've still got the period where we can make whatever changes are necessary to fix broken missions before the review function comes back up. However I would not be surprised if that stage begins after next week's maintenance. :)

Last I had heard the mission publish had looked like it had stalled, if missions are coming back up, then thats a good thing.

Trendy was looking into the Hickup and was waiting on a concrete timeline for restoration last time I asked her about this.
  • dougglendowerdougglendower Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    TODAY. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    It's back up along with having the Jupiter included so,if you want any "carrier based" missions,feel free to do so!
    Foundry Downtime is OVER!!!!

If anyone notices any new foundry bugs, please let me know so that I can test and report them

Current Bugs:
    • Minor issue with the Playable Area on the Alini Saratoga map.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I have a bit related question.

One of my missions is not published, and I can't re-publish it. I just get an error "Needs republish".

Is this normal, and just a matter of time it's republished automatically, or a bug, or I should do something? No errors are listed in Tasks.

ETA: The mission's ID is: [Rom] Liberate Donatra (KDF), ST-HHXEQDS9T​​
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    guljarol wrote: »

One of my missions is not published, and I can't re-publish it. I just get an error "Needs republish".

Is this normal, and just a matter of time it's republished automatically, or a bug, or I should do something? No errors are listed in Tasks.​​

If you can post the mission id I'm sure primar13 can ask a dev to look into it.

rangerryu wrote: »

Is this normal, and just a matter of time it's republished automatically, or a bug, or I should do something? No errors are listed in Tasks.

If you can post the mission id I'm sure primar13 can ask a dev to look into it.

A good point. Thanks. I edited my post to add that info.​​
    Okay Just to be clear...

If your mission doesn't want to republish. Do the Following.
    • Open the Editor
    • Open the Mission
    • Load the Mission,
    • Check for any Error Messages in the Box in the Lower Left Corner.

Sometimes things can happen to maps/dialogue/costumes that will produce an error message that will prevent a mission from republishing.

for example the issue with the Saratoga I mentioned was that the "Playable Box" on that map was adjusted which caused someones assets to be out of bounds which prevented the publish.
    primar13 wrote: »
    Okay Just to be clear...

• Open the Editor
    • Open the Mission
    • Load the Mission,

Sometimes things can happen to maps/dialogue/costumes that will produce an error message that will prevent a mission from republishing.

for example the issue with the Saratoga I mentioned was that the "Playable Box" on that map was adjusted which caused someones assets to be out of bounds which prevented the publish.

What exactly is "Load the Mission"? I opened it for editing, tried to republish, got the error, but there were no errors listed in that box. I think I skipped the "load" part, but I'm not sure what exactly it is.

Thanks.​​
    Okay Just to be clear...

• Open the Editor
    • Open the Mission
    • Load the Mission,

What exactly is "Load the Mission"? I opened it for editing, tried to republish, got the error, but there were no errors listed in that box. I think I skipped the "load" part, but I'm not sure what exactly it is.

Thanks.​​

Opening it up in the editor, where it loads and checks all the files. Vs, just choose it from the list and seeing the info on the main page.

You did what I asked :smile:
    edited November 2015
    I'll check with Zero.
    Borg, Borg all around.

The mission is, in fact, a copy of the same on the Fed side, which was published. It didn't even require any mob changes due to the faction change (unlike my other pair of missions, both successfully republished).

I just went to preview one of the maps, played it patrially, and made a minor change to see if any errors would pop up. Nothing.

kKuax94.jpg​​
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Foundry Downtime is OVER!!!!

If anyone notices any new foundry bugs, please let me know so that I can test and report them

Current Bugs:
    • Minor issue with the Playable Area on the Alini Saratoga map.

Undine counter command helmet is no longer available for female custom NPC's.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Not sure if this was intentional, but we got the Temporal Dreadnought from "Counterpoint" in the Costume editor. It allows the use of all ship textures.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Alright, I posted about this a couple weeks ago, but now that I managed to get into the Foundry Editor, I managed to examine this a little further. (See previous post for reference)

I am having an issue where a ground map is causing the game to crash. I play tested another mission and found that the same type of map was causing the same issue. The game would freeze when you attempted to play the map or preview it in Foundry, which usually required you to open the Task Manager and do an End Task. If you were playing the map live in the game and you got stuck when it froze, you usually had to open the game in Safe Mode to get unstuck. And if you try to republish the mission yourself, you get the Publish Error: log Project Needs Republish error like the one guljarol talked about.

The maps in question use the pre-made ground map Starbase 24 Interior. I have had to take down the two missions that use that map in it (Mission IDs ST-HPW902H3Y and ST-HDQ5KG9F9) to avoid getting 1-Star reviews on them until I can get the issue fixed. I opened each mission in the Foundry Editor to see if there were any error messages (there were none). I also created a New Foundry mission and used the Starbase 24 Interior map to test it out. The game froze when I attempted to preview the map.

So far the Starbase 24 Interior map appears to be the one one with this issue.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
    edited November 2015
    Hello! Happy Turkey Day!

I have been able to Confirm the the Following Bugs:
    • Starbase 24 Ground Bug - Client Crashed when I attempted to Publish - Bugbasher Report
    • Saratoga Map - Playable Area changed - Taco is looking into it!
    • Heralds have incorrect Level Req: FIXED Internally Thanks Zero

Bugs I am Looking into, or trying to confirm:
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I did notice an odd anomaly. some of my missions were not auto-republished due to "deprecated assets" but I didn't see any real changes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    I can't seem to walk around on ground maps anymore while using my test character. They just stand in place and don't even rotate with the camera.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    I can't seem to walk around on ground maps anymore while using my test character. They just stand in place and don't even rotate with the camera.

I've had that happen once so far. I fixed it by exiting the editor and starting it up again. The map seems fine.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User

I've had that happen once so far. I fixed it by exiting the editor and starting it up again. The map seems fine.

I had something similar happen to some space maps, except you can't move forward, and if you try and turn, you end up spinning. I was able to sometimes fix it by selecting Reload Map too.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
    edited December 2015
    • Starbase 24 Ground Bug - Client Crashed when I attempted to Publish - Bugbasher Report
    • Heralds have incorrect Level Req: FIXED Internally Thanks Zero

Post edited by primar13 on
    edited December 2015
    From Ms Zero!

Hey, that Project Needs Republish bug should have been fixed already, as of 11/25. If there's anyone still getting it, that's odd and they should make a new bug report for it. :)

So update to the Master List

• Preview Bug: Captain is Normal Size - Away team are very very very tiny
    • Preview Bug: Ground Character and away team cannot move or rotate Camera
    • Preview Bug: Space Character cannot move or Rotate Camera

Bugs that Should Already be Fixed
    Post edited by primar13 on
  • sinu22sinu22 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm new to the foundry, so idk if I'm doing something wrong but I've tried making a mission twice the first time i wasn't far into it so it wasn't a big deal but now I've got quite a bit of work put into it.

The problem is that when I try to play my mission from beginning or any maps my ship wont move, it just sits and spins in place. I've tried typing the unstuck and it slides my ship over a bit but doesn't fix the problem, any ideas?
    It's a bug. Try hitting the reset map button. I've actually seen it before, just not in Foundry preview. Usually beam up/down fixes it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited December 2015
    sinu22 wrote: »
    I'm new to the foundry, so idk if I'm doing something wrong but I've tried making a mission twice the first time i wasn't far into it so it wasn't a big deal but now I've got quite a bit of work put into it.

The problem is that when I try to play my mission from beginning or any maps my ship wont move, it just sits and spins in place. I've tried typing the unstuck and it slides my ship over a bit but doesn't fix the problem, any ideas?

Although what mark was saying is true, one other issue is that the Foundry Controls are Always Screwed Up... it doesn't know to switch between ground and space controls.

When previewing the map. Try Opening your settings, Go to the Keybind Section, then change the keybind Mode to Space and then hitting Reset to default Then save and see if it starts working again.

I actually have 2 Foundry Toons. One for testing space maps and one for testing Ground Maps because I got tired of having to reset my keybinds anytime I changed maps.
    Heh, true. It completely clears my power tray... constantly...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • oppulusoppulus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Any word on how long the Starbase24-crash will take? I have been working on that map a lot and it is now weeks and I could still not use it!
    I will ask. I havn't checked up on that one in a while.
  • oppulusoppulus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thank you for that.
    Because it was not fixed during the downtimes on Thursday or Friday.
    Just fair warning the Cryptic Office is pretty much shut down till after the first of the year for Holiday Vacations. So it will prbably be a while.