test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Selecting warp speed

Would it be possible to create the ability to enter in a specific value for warp speed rather than using the lever? Or perhaps this already exists and I don't know about it. I would like to go Warp 2...not Warp 1.93 or Warp 2.11. This would enable groups to travel in unison a bit better.
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Unless it was removed and I didn't notice, it should be possible to set yourself to follow an ally, thus matching course and speed. It's not as glamorous as flying in formation but it gets the job done. Just have the slowest person in the group lead.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    jbmaverick wrote: »
    Unless it was removed and I didn't notice, it should be possible to set yourself to follow an ally, thus matching course and speed. It's not as glamorous as flying in formation but it gets the job done. Just have the slowest person in the group lead.

May try that. Thinking of a Fleet event that involves a multi-ship patrol in formation. Would be good to just type in '2' and know that everyone is traveling at that speed, but will have to make due.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    I want to command my crew to go to warp 8.2 just like a REAL captain.

Come on cryptic that is half of your advertising to get people to play this game "Be the captain"
  • Options
    whitewhale80whitewhale80 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I like the thought of my captain giving orders the helmsman.

'go fast, no a bit slower, bit slower... There that's good go at that speed for a while until we crash into that sun and then go backwards a bit.'
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    I think it is possible with a command input. I don't know the right syntax, but you can give an input that makes you go forward at a certain speed.

Here is a different thing, but it makes one think. I wanted to use a gamepad to play ground combat. I found it difficult to program it and make it work as I wanted. I did managed to make it work for movement. An interesting thing occured. One jog was programed for movement. When I pushed it slightly forward I walked, further it made me go walking faster, just as NPC's do that you cannot follow, when you use the standard walk command'they outpace you. The character and its speed can respond to certain commands. I am quite sure this is also the case in space.
  • Options
    stardestroyer3stardestroyer3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I like the thought of my captain giving orders the helmsman.

'go fast, no a bit slower, bit slower... There that's good go at that speed for a while until we crash into that sun and then go backwards a bit.'

So much this haha. Along with, 'Helm, bring us to a stop about 3 light years from our destination, sit there for a few minutes until you realise we arent actually there yet, then go to maximum warp for half a second to get us the rest of the way'
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    Follow became hilarious after the change to the sector maps. Holy power slide captain!
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Would it be possible to create the ability to enter in a specific value for warp speed rather than using the lever? Or perhaps this already exists and I don't know about it. I would like to go Warp 2...not Warp 1.93 or Warp 2.11. This would enable groups to travel in unison a bit better.

If you BIND your mouse wheel to your forward and aft acceleration differentials, each 'tick' of your mouse wheel will be one-quarter of your speed indicator. That's how I do it.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    If you BIND your mouse wheel to your forward and aft acceleration differentials, each 'tick' of your mouse wheel will be one-quarter of your speed indicator. That's how I do it.​​

Hmmmmm...something to try this evening...Thanks!

klingon-bridge.jpg