Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [November 19th, 2015]

2»

Comments

• Options
    calescocalesco Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @doyouw said:

> I'm very well aware of the broken doff missions but I dont realy see what is it with prisoner doffs ?
    > - for fed you can still find assignements : 1 at the security officer (2 prisoners), another one in sector space in Espionage name something like that : exchange prisoner (1 prisoner for random doff)
    > - for the KDF it's much easier, the security guy can take up to 10 of them in 1 assignment and give you 1000 dili (non critical), but there's high risk of failure depending on prisoners.
    > If you go to sector space you have same assignment as FED + 2 other type of them : 3 prisoners for 350 dili in each cluster, nebula etc, or in military you can find a similar one for 4 prisoners for 350 dili too, those 2 are much easier to success than the 10 prisoner one.
    > - last one I see (comon to both factions) is the one you can find around DS9 sector space only avalable to exchange dominion prisoners for random doff, realy usefull to get purple doffs from white/green/blue or purple dominion prisoners.
    >
    > and all of those assignments are still showing up for me, so unless it's some I'm not aware or I forgot, I dont see what is your trouble with those ?

As FED airlocking prisoner is just an economical reaction. No Dil, no EC, well may be 1000EC on the exchange. The prisoner for the "exchange prisoner" you normaly got from crit "strike against fugitive". But now you get lots more and if you dont turn over contraband yout dont run to the sec offi on the ESD just for 200 diplomacy points.
    There are 2 additional assignments in the alpha quadrant you forgot, the colonial team chains. You need 5 civs which can be prisoners, but the outcome is equal to the assignment from the sec offi.
  • Options
    darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User

I'd be happier if DOFF missions that were removed with the introduction of the admiralty system were restored. Springing extra events on us like the shuttle event will NOT make me forget about the missing doff assignments.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    I will do tons more ground stuff with this trait thing. I don't mind ground, it's just the trait switching- it became tedious and tiresome. This is a HUGE game improvement, great job.
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    calesco wrote: »

> @doyouw said:

> I'm very well aware of the broken doff missions but I dont realy see what is it with prisoner doffs ?
    > - for fed you can still find assignements : 1 at the security officer (2 prisoners), another one in sector space in Espionage name something like that : exchange prisoner (1 prisoner for random doff)
    > - for the KDF it's much easier, the security guy can take up to 10 of them in 1 assignment and give you 1000 dili (non critical), but there's high risk of failure depending on prisoners.
    > If you go to sector space you have same assignment as FED + 2 other type of them : 3 prisoners for 350 dili in each cluster, nebula etc, or in military you can find a similar one for 4 prisoners for 350 dili too, those 2 are much easier to success than the 10 prisoner one.
    > - last one I see (comon to both factions) is the one you can find around DS9 sector space only avalable to exchange dominion prisoners for random doff, realy usefull to get purple doffs from white/green/blue or purple dominion prisoners.
    >
    > and all of those assignments are still showing up for me, so unless it's some I'm not aware or I forgot, I dont see what is your trouble with those ?

As FED airlocking prisoner is just an economical reaction. No Dil, no EC, well may be 1000EC on the exchange. The prisoner for the "exchange prisoner" you normaly got from crit "strike against fugitive". But now you get lots more and if you dont turn over contraband yout dont run to the sec offi on the ESD just for 200 diplomacy points.
    There are 2 additional assignments in the alpha quadrant you forgot, the colonial team chains. You need 5 civs which can be prisoners, but the outcome is equal to the assignment from the sec offi.

I would agree for FED, it's probably the fastest way to get rid of them.
    for the colonial team chains, I couldnt remember the name of the mission but like fed security officer one it doesnt give much in XP/dili/CXP.
    btw there's a SB special 30mn project using those fed prisoners that can be used to get rid of them, its like 250-300 FC but still you get something out of them, some provisioning projects on various holdings also alow you to contribute prisoners when it's asked for common civilians too.
    You can also send them via email and use them on KDF chars that will never have enough prisoners nor civials for doffs missions but require to contribute many on SB & any provisioning holdings.

Hope it'll help some ;)

Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    sinn74 wrote: »
    I will do tons more ground stuff with this trait thing. I don't mind ground, it's just the trait switching- it became tedious and tiresome. This is a HUGE game improvement, great job.

indeed.

when I 1st read about that great news, I imediatly though 'cool, I'll probably erase my dedicated ground char" but then I realise it's not changing skills and since that ground char is a 100k skill pts one(instead of 300k space/ 66k ground), I'd beter keep it.

IT's still a realy good move to separate ground & space traits and will probably help many enjoy ground a bit more without spending +5-10mn remembering/switching traits.
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised that the trait changes and the new FE is going live in this build! I was especially not expecting the FE after the introductory post that was made on Monday the 16th that said "In just a couple weeks, enjoy our latest featured episode, “Stormbound”!" Should be cool. Hopefully maintenance will end before I have to go to work ;)
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    What about not being able to load outfits and ship layouts?
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    grtiggy wrote: »
    by the way, surely you want the VO stuff in the new featured episode to be working BEFORE you unveil it so that folks get the intended experience... or at least the folks that listen to the VO stuff.
    Agreed, for me the story and VO work are an important part of the experience. I hate it when VO work is missing or has the wrong lines in relation to the text displayed (Van Zyl in her shuttle fighting Sela's covert freighter comes to mind).

On that note, where the hell is Obisek? That voice actor plays his role so well and his character deserves a comeback.

Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    ggrgaggrga Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    holonovel storage device dont work plz fix that.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    Type XYZ at the end of your message if you'll be surprised if maintenance is extended. If not, just put "lol" at the very end.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    chacesumi wrote: »
    Female catian cant equip any of them. None of the helm from any sets.

It's the whiskers... cats won't let anything touch their whiskers... they hate it.

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Maintenance is unlocked! Woo!
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    Type XYZ at the end of your message if you'll be surprised if maintenance is extended. If not, just put "lol" at the very end.

*Says that just as maintenance finishes*
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    willomallywillomally Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Now the launcher is not working.
    [SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow
  • Options
    rascablerascable Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Any update on when the launcher will be fixed?
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    What about not being able to load outfits and ship layouts?

*sigh*
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Trendy, something's wrong with patching, unless it taking two hours to patch is normal.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Still can't patch, been trying now for 4 hours, VERY VERY SLOW DOWNLOADING - Boston Area
    NEVER had this problem before !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Hey, what gives? No thread for this week's early maintenance?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Look harder? Pft... Look at the post times. 9:40 and 9:41 (for EST). I obviously started my post as the thread was created. Regardless, my post and the announcement were made after the maintenance started.

Too bad they didn't make the call to move maintenance up before Trendy went home, or she'd have gotten it up in a more timely fashion.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    archbetharchbeth Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    grtiggy wrote: »
    On that note, where the hell is Obisek? That voice actor plays his role so well and his character deserves a comeback.

Or at least to come back and re-do the lines from Vault (at least shuttle event), and when the Prophets are using him as a "mouthpiece" for one of the lines in the new Mirror Bajor stuff. Because either there's another voice actor who is just NOT matching the voice, or some terrible processing was done.

(I will confess it: I have a HUGE crush on that voice*. I listen through the whole Mirror Invasion instructions because THAT VOICE. Therefore, I am automatically for anything that has the right voice actor, and more Obisek. Honestly, give me a kickstarter that lets me get a CD of all his lines or something, and I would totally throw money at it.)

(* At least two of my characters, first time he's doing the little spy routine, are all, "...wait, wait, how about I surrender RIGHT NOW and you can try to brainwash me? By talking at me? Because I am intrigued by your plight and wish to subscribe to your podcast!" )