test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So if..?

everyone was too stop playing for 72 hrs.

would that mess the metrics?

and get the bugs sorted..?

I hate bugs... creepy beasties..

Comments

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Nope. They'd still be there in the 73rd hour.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Nobody playing for 72 hours? The devs would just kill time by playing a competitor game...

Or solitaire.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Why should that fix bugs?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Nope we would still have tholiens for the next half of the games new release.
  • torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Are you proposing a active boycott? I know i would not join in.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Someone had a bad night last night and hasn't recovered yet... 2 useless threads already...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2015
    I'm sorry to say this would do little to fix the bugs, the STO dev team is made up of many different specialized departments, I don't think anyone would want an environment artist or starship modeler to try their hand at fixing coding bugs, that might actually have the opposite of the intended effect...

There are devs at Cryptic who prioritize bug fixing as their day-to-day tasks, as a Bug Hunter I've conversed with one or two devs to help track down and squash bugs. The Operational Support Team is always on the hunt for bugs and errors in STO and when we find one we quickly write up a detailed report so the devs can fix it without having to waste time figuring out what exactly the problem is.

Since the Support Team is still relatively new, all I can suggest is be patient, we're hunting bugs as best we can.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    everyone was too stop playing for 72 hrs.

would that mess the metrics?

and get the bugs sorted..?

This shows a severe lack of understanding of development.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    This is much like the facebook "boycott the gas stations on Friday" type posts... OP, these don't do anything... as someone pointed out above, because after 73 hours, you'll be back. Or you won't get significant buy-in (and the forums are not a good way to reach a majority of players... most never step foot in here).

Your true only recourse is, don't play... period. I'm not being a fan boi here (although thinking back on my last 2 posts it may seem that way)... but seriously... if you aren't happy... then your best bet is to go ahead and quit the game, move on to another.

Development takes time, and frankly, if it isn't game breaking (as in can not play, and can not spend money)... then it has a low priority. No amount of forum exasperation will resolve that.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    OP how many walls in your house need painting? How much trash is in your backyard that needs to be cleaned? Well the same is with online gaming, it is not a code of 100111 and fixed, it is a little bit more complicated than that.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    After looking at your post history, I got an idea.

One of these things is not like the others,
    One of these things just doesn't belong!

You!
This discussion has been closed.