test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [November 19th, 2015]

Greetings Captains!

We will be having our regularly scheduled maintenance tomorrow 11/19 at 7AM PDT for 2 1/2 hours. You can check out our patch notes and the changes we'll be making here.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I hope you guys can fix the SNR issue that keeps popping up. It's hitting me in the evenings (CST). I've heard others in the chat box who are getting them too, and had one just a few minutes ago when I was going to team with my son in law for some more MI. Needless to say, we decided not to when we both got hit with it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    It may have been touched on already, but do alien species really get 10 ground AND 10 space traits unlocked? I mean, I understood by they got the +1, since alien species don't get an innate species bonus. But are species bonuses really worth +1space and +1ground? Most innate species bonuses are entirely on the ground as it is, so unless we now feel most species bonuses are worth 2 ground traits, I think aliens now have a decided advantage in customization.

Hardly game-breaking or massively OP, but it seems aliens will get the most benefit from this change. Still, thanks for this great QOL addition that grants a little more immersion back into the game.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    "Stormbound" launches tomorrow? Wow, how did I miss that...

Looking forward to it! If the last few missions were any indication, it's going to be a good one.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    been looking forward to the trait stuff since it was announced XD.

by the way, surely you want the VO stuff in the new featured episode to be working BEFORE you unveil it so that folks get the intended experience... or at least the folks that listen to the VO stuff.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Lookin forward to Stormfront too ! :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    It may have been touched on already, but do alien species really get 10 ground AND 10 space traits unlocked? I mean, I understood by they got the +1, since alien species don't get an innate species bonus. But are species bonuses really worth +1space and +1ground? Most innate species bonuses are entirely on the ground as it is, so unless we now feel most species bonuses are worth 2 ground traits, I think aliens now have a decided advantage in customization.

Hardly game-breaking or massively OP, but it seems aliens will get the most benefit from this change. Still, thanks for this great QOL addition that grants a little more immersion back into the game.

It is already that way. The change they are making is to let us have a ground set and a space set slotted. Aliens already had 10 slots and, other than romulans and remans, had a little advantage in space.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Thanks but I know aliens already had a +1 as a compensation for lack of a species bonus. But if they used it as a space they missed out on the ground trait most other species had.

My point is now they get +2 and don't have to sacrifice anything. There is no obvious tradeoff in selecting an alien with respect to traits.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    It's already been said once, but you're releasing the new episode knowing full well that some voiceovers are missing? Nothing says professionalism like releasing an incomplete, new feature.

#sarcasm
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    calescocalesco Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    > @hipachilles said:
    > Thanks but I know aliens already had a +1 as a compensation for lack of a species bonus. But if they used it as a space they missed out on the ground trait most other species had.
    >
    > My point is now they get +2 and don't have to sacrifice anything. There is no obvious tradeoff in selecting an alien with respect to traits.

The tradeoff now is 5 more seconds to switch between space and ground. The 10th slot never was ground only. So there is no change. Now its only more obvious and thats why you complaining.
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Wait..; still no fix for Talaxians and Rom borg?
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    lamyrs wrote: »

Yes there is, its in the patch notes:
    • Resolved an issue which was causing players to not be able to make Liberated Borg Romulan or Talaxian captains.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    nyxadrill wrote: »

• Resolved an issue which was causing players to not be able to make Liberated Borg Romulan or Talaxian captains.

Ahhh my bad, missed it. Tyvm.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    It would be reassuring if the missing doff assignments showed up under "known issues".
    Awesome job on traits!
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    nyxadrill wrote: »

Ahhh my bad, missed it. Tyvm.

No worries :) I've been waiting for this myself.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    So are they ever going to fix current map and doff missions being screwed all to hell? Two weeks now. Ignoring how they've been messed up in Alpha since DR. Having to find sweet spots on sector borders to trigger missions. Seriously. Wth.
  • Options
    tomoyosakagami1tomoyosakagami1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Wait, MACO helmets weren't the issue with female characters, it's the Omega helmets that are the issue.

I can equip all variations of the MACO helmet, but not the Omega helmet.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    sleel43 wrote: »
    So are they ever going to fix current map and doff missions being screwed all to hell? Two weeks now. Ignoring how they've been messed up in Alpha since DR. Having to find sweet spots on sector borders to trigger missions. Seriously. Wth.

+1 - I'm drowning in prisoner doffs.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Thank you for the traits system revamp, it will be awesome to run both set of traits, no more need to wait/repick them etc... :D
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »

I hear your pain... it's the Admiralty system. I'm just spacing mine from the overflow bag in a very un-Federation-like manner.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    calesco wrote: »
    The tradeoff now is 5 more seconds to switch between space and ground. The 10th slot never was ground only. So there is no change. Now its only more obvious and thats why you complaining.

I never said it was ground only, I don't know where that came from. I said most species bonuses were ground only.

Edit: Sorry if it sounds like I am complaining - honestly just wondering since it seems like an obvious advantage, made more obvious now. Still, thanks for the addition Devs!
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »

I hear your pain... it's the Admiralty system. I'm just spacing mine from the overflow bag in a very un-Federation-like manner.

I'm very well aware of the broken doff missions but I dont realy see what is it with prisoner doffs ?
    - for fed you can still find assignements : 1 at the security officer (2 prisoners), another one in sector space in Espionage name something like that : exchange prisoner (1 prisoner for random doff)
    - for the KDF it's much easier, the security guy can take up to 10 of them in 1 assignment and give you 1000 dili (non critical), but there's high risk of failure depending on prisoners.
    If you go to sector space you have same assignment as FED + 2 other type of them : 3 prisoners for 350 dili in each cluster, nebula etc, or in military you can find a similar one for 4 prisoners for 350 dili too, those 2 are much easier to success than the 10 prisoner one.
    - last one I see (comon to both factions) is the one you can find around DS9 sector space only avalable to exchange dominion prisoners for random doff, realy usefull to get purple doffs from white/green/blue or purple dominion prisoners.

and all of those assignments are still showing up for me, so unless it's some I'm not aware or I forgot, I dont see what is your trouble with those ?

Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    My KDF character has been totally screwed for "Currant Map" Doff missions with only 3 turning up EVERYWHERE i go to , im just glad i can still do Marauding missions on my Klingon atm XD
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    I wonder if devs forgot about active reputation traits, since there were 4/5 slots for both ground and space in tribble.
  • Options
    helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @pwlaughingtrendy are you guys aware that the Romulan Faction's Lifetime Liberated Borg Captain Race is not available at the current time? And if you are aware of it, are you doing anything to address that issue, and why isn't it listed in the known issues list on the patch notes?

Oops, failed to see the note in the patch notes XD
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @pwlaughingtrendy are you guys aware that the Romulan Faction's Lifetime Liberated Borg Captain Race is not available at the current time? And if you are aware of it, are you doing anything to address that issue, and why isn't it listed in the known issues list on the patch notes?
    Did you read the patch notes? It says they resolved the Lib Borg Rom and the Lib Borg Talaxian issue.

Ah, you went back and reread. Move along then :D
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    echatty wrote: »
    Did you read the patch notes? It says they resolved the Lib Borg Rom and the Lib Borg Talaxian issue.

Ah, you went back and reread. Move along then :D

yeah... sorry about that...
  • Options
    No worries. It's easy enough to miss, as another poster asked the same question upthread.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Have a [croissant] ! it's on the house ! ;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    chacesumichacesumi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Wait, MACO helmets weren't the issue with female characters, it's the Omega helmets that are the issue.

I can equip all variations of the MACO helmet, but not the Omega helmet.

Female catian cant equip any of them. None of the helm from any sets.