test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "Nice to Have" Thread

hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
I was just thinking about some things it would be nice to have and thought I'd get some more ideas from other people.

For example:

1. Gateway Functionality for DOFF/Admirality system
2. Alternate uses for BOFFs that aren't in your away team roster or Stations roster (Away Team system similar to Admirality/DOFF that allows some BOFFs to become unavailable for a set time while they go to places to complete tasks *edit* per taylor1701d could use to complete previously completed missions for rewards, perhaps have high fail rate to encourage people to continue to play through or have them go into "debriefing mode (aka Maintenance) for time based on their quality and number of skills they have learned, true fleet admirality with the ability to outfit and assign ships to certain Commander+ BOFFs to use as if teammates in Space, set content to spawn as if team of player captains in ships).
3. Non-Weapon Defeatable objects, things that can be defeated or are weak to specific non-weapon based powers. EX: Make the Holographic Cardassians and their ships weakened or eliminated entirely by certain Science powers, Gravity Well, Tykens, etc weakend or reduced in power by being targeted with enemy Tachyon Beam or some such thing.
4. Knockback that can knock over ledges versus getting shot point blank with a shotgun blast and falling in place.
5. Removal or re-tooling of Captains Table, replace anomaly with a door or clickie in our ready room only accessible by captains with CT access. Other functionality improvements.
6. Substantial and Interesting Exploration content (can't believe I didn't originally have this listed good thought risingwolfshadow)
7. PvP content - Alternate thought we could use the Temporal Cold War as a backdrop for this and have different Queues that depending on faction results have affects that buff/debuff higher level Queues for that faction. Imagine a Lt. Queue that takes place during the first Romulan War where the Feds and Rommies are fighting in space, you go back in time in a Holographic costumed ship with weapons that are more advanced to fight off Romulans that are trying to alter the timeline. Whoever wins buffs the TOS era arena for their side, etc. Would require multiple queues though) Every week those who preserve their factions timeline the best (most victory points) have a buff to XP/Dilithium/Marks/whatever for a few days. This way we preserve the current timeline and just go up to and including the Start of the game with the Klingon War arc.
8. More Alien Parts
9. Pre-Made Stairs and other assets in Foundry
10. Better Foundry UI
11. Gender Based Costume Equilibrium
12. CXP from sources other than DOFFing
13. Security officer at the NR command center
14. Aligned-Faction Specific Uniforms for Aligned Races and Specialty BOFFs
15. Fleet PvP Battleground(s) would be great now that there are Armadas.
16. TOS BoP and D7 for Romulan and KDF players perhaps as rewards for Devidian arc
17. Science and Engineering R&D projects that when combined into a Special Project create an upgrade token to make any non-C-Store ship T5 or a new class such as T4-U. Potentially, allow tokens to upgrade non-C-Store ships up one tier to a max of T4 so if someone wanted to stick with a lower tier ship for whatever reason they'd have that option.
18. Tribble Habitat - a bank just for Tribbles perhaps something visible on ship interior.
19. Pets Box that doesn't affect storage capacity (Champions online already had this in place years ago)
20. Non-Station/BOFF space power tray locations retained after ship switch (Captain powers, equipment/Rep powers)
21. Lobi equipment bind to account
22. Rep equipment bind to account
23. Unique BOFF weapons reclaimable and upgradable or otherwise improved. Perhaps as part of BOFF specific sets that you could get through episode replays
24. Base spawning off number of active objects in missions, current best example being Mirror Universe where as stated it's feast or famine with portals.
25. Ability to select Mods in crafting (perhaps as crafted items themselves that can be used in upgrade window to add Mod if Research upgrade is successful)
26. Condense consumables such as Hypos, etc. Perhaps level get them so that after Lt. Cmdr you don't get Small anymore and once you reach Admiral you don't get Medium anymore.
27. Removes food and other white quality gear drops and give their weight in EC give or take a few EC.
28. More dynamic/interactive combat environments with hazards and so forth that can be used to our advantage if smart.
29. Expanded Gateway Integration. Click-Based content accessibility. DOFF, Admirality, Reputation System, etc.

Anyone else have some ideas?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by hatepwe on

Comments

• risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Meaningful exploration and balanced/rewarding PvP.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    • More parts for the alien tailor.
    • Stairs in the Foundry palette.
    • A better UI for searching Foundry missions.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    As for #2
    Wish you could send out a team of Boffs to complete featured episodes for you while you are logged out.
    Of course those would only be available if you've completed them at least once previously.
    Really gets old bringing 5 characters through the featured episodes over and over.
    Would free me up to do what I like in game.

But will probably never happen, as they want you logged in playing these over and over for metrics.
    Which I can understand I guess, but doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

Post edited by taylor1701d on
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    - equality between males and females. my main rom tac (a female) can't wear the mercenary top in uniform -> my main fed (male) can wear it.
    she can't wear the helmets from the rep (Maco, omega, dyson ...) -> my male fed cap can wear them;
    she can't wear the romulan shirts (long sleeves etc) -> my rom boffs (male) and my 2nd rom tac (male) can wear them.

- more things to do with my away teams
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    I think exploration could be filled out by having foundry authors submit once every 3 months missions that they want to have in Exploration. They could get say a title maybe a special Foundry author pet or something if their work is selected. Then those missions get added to different planets as permanent fixtures that unlock randomly as you explore a cluster and could have an Exploration Journal tab where you can replay ones you've unlocked for CXP based on their themes and gameplay or can "Survey" for a random mission you haven't discovered yet.

Could even make these exploration missions not be area specific just goto mission journal and hit "Survey" or something. only requirements is that you be the faction for that mission, could potentially limit the space in which you can find Klingon missions to Klingon space etc with a few exceptions...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Leech console that comes with Fed ships.
    Security officer at the NR command center.
    Battle cloak for Fed Ships.
    Raider missions for Feds.
    Federation uniforms for cross faction Boffs.
    Federation uniforms for Fed aligned Roms.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Also if you have any indepth thoughts solutions or ideas feel free to elaborate. So if you suggest "Fix K7" and have ideas for what could be done to make it better let me know!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    More parts for ships (even if they were just individual parts rather than whole new costumes).
    Plainer hull materials that don't have paneling detail you can see from kilometers away.
    Modular attachments for weapons so we can customise their appearance.
    A better selection of hairstyles for Caitians and Ferasans.

I'd also say 'exploration' but I rate that waaayyyy above 'nice to have'.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    #1 is a given for any such topic, and will sound redundant, but I'll say it anyways

1. Bug fixes: UI Interface-generated FPS lag, Console click activation lag, connectivity/stability issues, general bug fixes
    2. Gameplay expansion: balanced PvP/E, semi-permanent territory control, team deathmatch/capture the flag, build/maintain/repair team-territory buildings and resources, vehicle combat (jetpacks, combat suits, atv, tank, boat, aircraft), environmental damage/destruction, underwater exploration/combat, functional ship interior missions/resources, admiralty strategy/exploration 2D interface with maps waypoints and other players/fleet/factions, full 3D space orientation option, dynamic weather/seasons and day/night cycles, ship bridge screen and windows displaying changing environments based on sector or system space, non-geostationary space stations, rotating and orbiting planetary bodies within system space, space/terrain hazard zones, system failures requiring multi-instance repair teams (sabotage, time-space anomalies, attacks, accidents), Tier 1-4 ship missions/PvP/E, random events in STFs, self-moderated invite-only 'public map' instances (kick/ban players), permanent ship/character damage/injury option with team repair/revival only STF options
    3. Gameplay content: large-scale planet maps, locations, multi-level structures (buildings, caves, ships, large mountains), exploration systems, different STFs that rotate daily/weekly with different objectives, independent Romulan Faction & RSE, Romulan and KDF T6 Science ships and carriers

The options are endless. Other games are already doing this. PWE needs to invest more into STO to attract more players and minimize the grind and overpriced content.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

+ 1000 and

romulan uniforms for cross faction boffs. + new uniforms to replace the old republic uniforms; they are totally bugged
  • spatchmanfredspatchmanfred Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Fleet uniforms.

If you have access in your fleet to set a fleet uniform then the options of what parts you can use are ridiculously limited. I know that say a romulan TNG uniform has a zen cost attached to it but shouldn't there be some way like a big fleet project or something to unlock things for your entire fleet? People would only be able to wear that uniform if they are in that particular fleet anyway.

BOFF uniforms.

You can change your captains uniform on the fly but you can't change your boffs without going to the tailor. Maybe an option for different costume sets?

NPC's aboard your ship.

I know this isn't terribly important but for example I have my romulan bridge crew with their big shoulder pad TNG uniforms yet I go downstairs and everyone is in romulan republic uniforms. Bit annoying.

Reputation/slider projects.

How about just a "fill project" button. As long as you have what you need then why not? With more and more reps coming out it's hard work filling all those hourlies. it's wearing my mouse out too.

A decent romulan/kdf sci ship or a dyson T6... I'm sure this has been covered a million times everywhere else though.
    #1 is a given for any such topic, and will sound redundant, but I'll say it anyways

1. Bug fixes: UI Interface-generated FPS lag, Console click activation lag, connectivity/stability issues, general bug fixes
    2. Gameplay expansion: balanced PvP/E, semi-permanent territory control, team deathmatch/capture the flag, build/maintain/repair team-territory buildings and resources, vehicle combat (jetpacks, combat suits, atv, tank, boat, aircraft), environmental damage/destruction, underwater exploration/combat, functional ship interior missions/resources, admiralty strategy/exploration 2D interface with maps waypoints and other players/fleet/factions, full 3D space orientation option, dynamic weather/seasons and day/night cycles, ship bridge screen and windows displaying changing environments based on sector or system space, non-geostationary space stations, rotating and orbiting planetary bodies within system space, space/terrain hazard zones, system failures requiring multi-instance repair teams (sabotage, time-space anomalies, attacks, accidents), Tier 1-4 ship missions/PvP/E, random events in STFs, self-moderated invite-only 'public map' instances (kick/ban players), permanent ship/character damage/injury option with team repair/revival only STF options
    3. Gameplay content: large-scale planet maps, locations, multi-level structures (buildings, caves, ships, large mountains), exploration systems, different STFs that rotate daily/weekly with different objectives, independent Romulan Faction & RSE, Romulan and KDF T6 Science ships and carriers

The options are endless. Other games are already doing this. PWE needs to invest more into STO to attract more players and minimize the grind and overpriced content.

All this.
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    Leech console that comes with Fed ships.
    Battle cloak for Fed Ships.
    Raider missions for Feds.

1. Reciprocity trait that comes with a KDF/Rom ship
    2. Criminals at New Romulus, preferably being chased by said security officer
    3. Better stats for hull and shields to be in line with Fed counterparts, the borking of which were supposed to pay for the cloak. and BTW point 3A for ALL Klingon ships to have battlecloak, not just birds of prey, Romulans and Federation ships
    4. Patrol missions for KDF and aligned Roms
    5. Starfleet uniforms for KDF toons
    6. Pirate (as in Pirates of the Carribean) attire for Nausicaans and KDF aligned Roms.
    =)

Actually, On a more sincere note, I might like a republic raptor combadge where the Fed Rom toon taps his chest before transport.
    Post edited by kyrrok on
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    More capes and helmets too!
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Something which has bugged me since Feb 2012 - A standardized Color Pallette which is used by all two and a half factions.

Other Nice To Have things:
    - A UI which is not such a resource hog. Maybe integrated into the game instead of being tacked on inbetween the player and the game.

- Being able to refine 10,000 Dilithiium a day instead of 8,000.

- Filters for Foundry missions which are actually useful. I like the Foundry and try to use it as often as I can. However wading thru all of the B.S. farming missions is a serious P.I.T.A.

- Visible GM's who actually play the game. With the authority and power do something about problem children. Yeah, some customers might get mad and not come back because they aren't allowed to act irresponsibly any more. Has STO really lost something if these people leave? I'm guessing no, it has not.

- Dev's and Community personnel who play the game under their own flag. Way back when, the Devs and the Community personnel played Star Trek Online. They were visible and it was nice to see them ingame. Some of them, like BranFlakes, played the game well. I realize this would simply make them a target for everyone with an axe to grind but it did not seem to happen all that often back then.

- Having something other than a new Reputation System every time a new Big Bad makes the scene. It's fun to get new gear and some of the attached missions are really good. However, we are stuck in a groove when it comes to ways to reward players for participating in defeating the new Big Bad. Devs, Rep is a good idea. But it should not be your sole Go To Guy because it makes things predictable. Predictable is boring. Boring loses players. Losing players decreases profits.

- A revisit/overhaul of PvP. Used to be one of the most fun parts of the game. Now, "It's dead, Jim." Maybe split it off from the main game somehow with different gear/ships which can only be used there. Every EP since DStahl has said publicly "We're going to do something for PvP." or words to that effect. Allowing it to languish and die a slow death IS NOT what I consider, "doing something for PvP".

- More RSE which features more variety in opponents. I like this part of the game. It is fun and enjoyable the way it is set up now. But it needs a bigger variety of opponents and it should occur with a little more frequency. I don't want to see the map littered with red spots like it has the measles. But I would like to see more than one or two of them.

- A proper Foundry Tutorial. Done by the Devs. Which is implemented into the Foundry itself. Learning to use the Foundry well is quite daunting to some. Not everyone has a degree in game design and theory. Does not mean these people cannot tell a good story which fits into Star Trek Online.

Wow. sorry for the W.o.T. Thanks, OP. For creating a thread where people can discuss addons and improvements to the game without all the negativity.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • yukonsamyukonsam Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    • Caitian manes
    • Instead of dimissing BOFFS, the option to promote them to Captain and give them command of an Admirality ship for a modest boost. They are still removed permanently from your roster.
    • Your named ships make cameos in missions in place of generic allies or as summons for Fleet Support
    • Some missions feature interaction with the BOFFs you promoted to command
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Certain off duty uniforms for boFfs (see merc uniform).

Allow cross faction uniforms for special boFfs.

Give the lobi lib borg romulan SRO + eff.

Give c- store liberated borg efficient plus leadership (fed).

Random space traits available for alien boffs.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• straden0straden0 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    This is going to sound horrible but please this is merely an opinion and not an attack, because in the end, we're on the same side.

Anyway, those of you wanting rewarding and better PVP options, this game isn't for that unfortunately. EVE for example is perfect for those who are cutthroat and want to end others space careers miserably as the penalties for being podded are well known for being unforgiving.

Another game which I have not delved into would be Elite Dangerous..

I know neither or are Star Trek, but if its the experience you are after, then give them a shot. As for STO, its obvious what direction of gameplay they are trying to drive. Though it's good that the devs are capable and even willing to change certain things for the overall benefit and health of the game. :smile:

EDIT: Not trying to promote those titles here either.. I just often see people clamoring for something - anything- for pvp.. While I was quite active in that arena of STO when things were still fresh and +40% ambush dmg Romulans were nowhere to be found, it seemed like something of a backburner issue for the devs, and rightfully so as the game had and still does have various issues to iron out. Plus, I have noticed that unless games are specifically pvp centered, it is very difficult to have something genuinely good (with the exception of the first GW and maybe even WoW).
  • dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Yeah, full 3d movement would be awesome. Hoping that it's not too deep in the code...
    straden0 wrote: »
    This is going to sound horrible but please this is merely an opinion and not an attack, because in the end, we're on the same side.

Anyway, those of you wanting rewarding and better PVP options, this game isn't for that unfortunately. EVE for example is perfect for those who are cutthroat and want to end others space careers miserably as the penalties for being podded are well known for being unforgiving.

Another game which I have not delved into would be Elite Dangerous..

I know neither or are Star Trek, but if its the experience you are after, then give them a shot. As for STO, its obvious what direction of gameplay they are trying to drive. Though it's good that the devs are capable and even willing to change certain things for the overall benefit and health of the game. :smile:

That is a well worded and very respectful and therefore very respectable post. It is appalling to me that some put themselves up as the voice of reason and civility, far above the venom, when they infact use merely a different type of venom to troll others. The fact that most trolls don't get banned don't make them not trolls. But I salute you for a post that really is civilized.
  • dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Also something immersive using ship interiors, yeah i'm implying a revamp but also option to customize it to a certain degree like chosing the crew uniform, the corridors (narrow for a warship, open and, why not, also the jj-trek applestore) and random daily missions like fixing stuff or minigames.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    dlmc85 wrote: »
    Yeah, full 3d movement would be awesome. Hoping that it's not too deep in the code...

IIRC it would be no problem at all for the engine, but test players did not like the lack of any clear up/down direction and got confused.

What I would like is a bit space barbie-ish: A private area where you can see and meet all your pets, ships and/or boffs at once. Maybe even make a Mass Effect 3 group picture.

No, that isn't the most important thing, but apart from things already mentioned here most are not "side nice to haves" but a bit more interesting.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    full 3D? With the Breen ships being half gone, apparently they cant even get 2D right.
    valoreah wrote: »
    My having a dinner date with Jeri Ryan would be nice to have.​​

Sorry, she prefers ridgeheads over blueskins. =)
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    tribble on a separate physical server so we at least have that when holodeck is down 5 hours
    Spock.jpg

They could add one thing very quickly and easily which I'm sure many would hate and that's just a nose cam type view. In korfez lately it has been bugged and it makes your ship invisible. With chase cam you can still work out whats going on and even still use cannons. If I drag the view around to look around me it still snaps back to forward view so that part in itself works okay. If they put some sort of crosshair or something on and made it proper it would be better than nothing. i know it wouldn't be proper 3d space flight but if they just made the screen bank it would be just about good enough. Only a different camera angle essentially but it would be easy for them to add and add a different (and obvious) new way of playing which is still useful.
    Actually regarding my nose cam idea. when it bugs in korfez, the view is still from behind the ship essentially, so when you move around it does feel a little more "spacey". Hard to describe but it feels suitable.
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    1. Real meaningful exploration that doesn't involve me blowing up a station or ship that has people on board it
    2. Nemesis uniform for Romulans
    3. Another Romulan bridge option with trophy locations too
    4. Romulan characters allowed to wear fleet uniform of the faction they support from the fleet starbase tailor unlock
    5. Security officer for New Romulus
    6. Gamma Quadrant exploration and zone to hang out in
    7. More species unlocks in the cstore, (vorta, jem'hadar, cardassian, denobulan, and so forth for all 3 factions)
    8. T6 lobi store Keldon Class ship for Cardassian lock box set, (its one of the first lockboxes and thus didn't get a lobi store ship as well)
    9. Romulan flagship obtainable from their fleet tier 5 shipyard holding for 200k fleet credits like the Fed Oddy and KDF Bortas versions
    10. An answer on the reason we still haven't had an episode replay event
    11. An answer on why certain costume options are still MIA, the Reaper Omega set, MACO ENT era (you know all the costumes we accidentally saw during LoR testing) they are there somewhere in the files, already done...

that's about it for the moment.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• nexurulernexuruler Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    if I wanted to have something in the game it would be 1 day once a year to open all lock boxes without keys.
    Been a user of Perfect World Entertainment since 2009.