test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lootcritter's Contest Winners Are...

ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
edited October 2015 in Starfleet Media Corps
Before you scroll down the page to see if you're the lucky person(s), I need to thank a few people without whom this article series and contest would not have been as successful as it has been. Back when the conversation started about starship design, I had no idea how far it would evolve, or how you would react to it. As the process grew and it evolved into a contest, the support I've had from Cryptic has been wonderful.
  • Thank you to Thomas (aka @Cryptic_TtC ), without his eager and in-depth replies to my questions, this process would never have been possible;
  • A HUGE hug to Morrigan (aka @LaughingTrendy) & STO for her shepherding the review process and wrangling the Zen bonus for the prizes;
  • I can't thank the guys at The SHOW enough for their highly vocal support in raising awareness of my blog and the contest;
  • /r/sto for allowing my frequent and sometimes bothersome posts in the Reddit forums;
  • YOU for following along through this journey.

So without much more, here are the Winners:

Third Place - 900 lobi ship of your choice + 500 Zen goes to: @nak3dsnake

Second Place - Jem'Hadar Strike Ship (you pick the variant) + 1000 Zen: @sentinel64

Drum roll please.....

First Prize - an Annorax Science Dreadnought + 1500 Zen: @kiriamaya

Winners will be notified in game to arrange a time to receive the ship; @LaughingTrendy will reward the zen in-game.

Thank you everyone!

@ddesjardins / aka Lootcritter
Post edited by ddesjardins on

Comments

• gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    Thanks to everyone involved, and thank you for having the contest. Congratulations to the winners.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Congratulations to the winners.

And a thank you again for the blogs. They were interesting and gave a good insight into what it takes to get a ship ready for play. At least from the artists side. MIght be interesting to know how long it takes on the game designer side... ;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Very cool. Grats to the winners!

The blog series was quite interesting too. I do love reading about the behind the scenes stuff like that every now and then.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    Lootcritter got me a brand new JHSS (Choice Box) for Halloween... all treat and no trick....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124844784@N05/22038234854/in/dateposted-public/

Thanks Lootcritter

You know where I play Trendy... look for your message in STO for the second part... Thank you all.
  • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Congratulations to winners! It was an interesting blog, especially because it was about starship, and I do like to design my own starships too. Hope something like this happens in the future again, soon :smile:
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Congrats all.
    Is there some place that has all of the correct answers collected in spot for the questions? I am curious about couple of them...
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    Will be posting a post-mortem about the contest later this week for the analytics fans out there. Touch base on what we learned form the answers, how to run it better next time, and some background on the people who read the article.

I learned quite a bit.
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Will be posting a post-mortem about the contest later this week for the analytics fans out there. Touch base on what we learned form the answers, how to run it better next time, and some background on the people who read the article.

I learned quite a bit.

Cool!
    I wonder what you learned from me? LOL....

Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Gratz Guys!
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Congratulations to the winners - very cool interview series.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User

I learned quite a bit.

Im now really interested in seeing this because of... something I saw that kinda annoyed me >.>
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Congratulations to the winners, and to LC for making this! :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    If you need any idea for future blogs with dev involvement: I would really like to know what all goes into the creation of a new item - something like the Warhead Console of the Defiant or a new reputation set item. Who is involved? What steps are required? How long does it take from the idea to the first actual start of work, to the end when it is finally ready to go into the game.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.