test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where did the Support DOFF assignments go?

chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
To be clear, I'm talking about this
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Support_Expansion_Efforts
It's Support Expansion Efforts for KDF, Support Colonisation Efforts for the Feddies.

I resumed playing 3 days ago, after being away for about 60 days, not that long, and I haven't seen a single one. What's up?

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    Considering the fact you typically only get at the most 4 every 4 hour period (Unless the RNGesus smiles upon you), you should try all the clusters. Unfortunately, the change in how these work when they eliminated the cluster maps cut the chances of them appearing in half. They should make small circular areas around the clusters where the assignments change. Give a reason for players to invite others to their ships for doff assignments again.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Considering the fact you typically only get at the most 4 every 4 hour period (Unless the RNGesus smiles upon you), you should try all the clusters. Unfortunately, the change in how these work when they eliminated the cluster maps cut the chances of them appearing in half. They should make small circular areas around the clusters where the assignments change. Give a reason for players to invite others to their ships for doff assignments again.

OK, Lucho, thanks for the reply. But I wasn't gone nearly long enough for that to be the issue. The change to sector space and elimination of the cluster maps was a long time ago. Maybe just the RNG hates me, but I search for these diligently on three diff toons and haven't found a single one in the 4 days I've been playing again.

Ah well, the delights of STO. If there was any other Star Trek game to choose from, this place would soon be a ghost town.
  • robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Lots of assignments are missing last several days - Negotiate Prisoner Exchange, Scan and Analyze missions, Haggle missions on DS9. Support may be a part of the same problem.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    There are tons of missions missing everywhere. I got two resource missions in the Dyson sphere, there used to be a full page. And I haven't seen a Romulan BOFF opportunity DOFF mission in ages. I am not online 24/7, granted. But I got another human recruitment opportunity at the ( Romulan ) command center today, and even that is rare! The DOFF system is pretty much going the way of the dinosaurs at this rate. It's not pretty!
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2015
    Whilst doffing yesterday, I had them spawn at all the Alpha Quadrant star clusters and a few in the Beta Quadrant. So they are still around. I'd hazard a guess that if your not seeing them, then the Rng isn't smiling on you at the moment. I'll agree with @sernonserculion with regards to the Romulan doff missions, but saying that I've stopped looking for them now. Since I've got what I need and they're not worth what they once were.
    robin74 wrote: »
    Lots of assignments are missing last several days - Negotiate Prisoner Exchange, Scan and Analyze missions, Haggle missions on DS9. Support may be a part of the same problem.

The Negotiate prisoner exchange was showing up Friday and yesterday, The scan X for X missions have been gone since Season 11 went live (this has been reported btw) The Haggle missions are still around although I've mostly seen them at the trader on DS9 and the odd one in the Alpha quadrant but tracking them down given the state of the assignment borders and what not, almost make doffing a full time job now.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    The Negotiate prisoner exchange was showing up Friday and yesterday,
    Is that so? For FED? Where did you see them? Because for me they are still gone, together with the Scan missions.