Install Arc

[CLOSED] Starship Design with Thomas Marrone - Part Five

2»

Comments

• belisariusdbelisariusd Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    1. JamJamz
    2. Class K
    3. Everyone above seems to think it'll be the Sphere Builders, but I'm not sure why and the only hints I've seen so far have suggested it's the Tzenkethi. Though - I could see the Tzenkethi being agents of the Sphere Builders in the way the Xindi were in Enterprise.
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    1) Captain JamJamz
    2) Class K
    3) Na'Kuhl, Grey skinned, red eyed, self-righteous scumbags.​​
  • rigilgearwerksrigilgearwerks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Q1: Captain JamJamz
    Q2: Class K planet
    Q3: I'll guess that it's the sphere builders.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Wha? We have K Class planets all over the place?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    probably an example of someone Putting down an....Iffy Answer and a million people copying. :smile:
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Wha? We have K Class planets all over the place?

I was specifically vague for a reason. Many people 'borrowed' the answer from others - but the correct answer I was looking for came in the form of tweet(s) yesterday. So far only 2 people have the right answer - Which I'll reveal on Friday when announce the winners.

I will say that a few of the incorrect answers do work well - So I'll have to add a few bonus entries for those.

Afterwards, I want to petition that 'they' be added to the ingame map ;) 'Cause it's canon (at least in my head).
    primar13 wrote: »
    probably an example of someone Putting down an....Iffy Answer and a million people copying. :smile:

Thankfully - not a million. I'm manually copying usernames and answers from the forums ;)
  • tatteredmasktatteredmask Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    1) JamJamz
    2) Class K
    3) Na'Kuhl... we are going to END your Federation, once and for all!
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    1 Captain @STO_JamJamz
    2. Class H planet
    3. 3. Its got to be the Sphere Builders after Butterfly, right?
  • wontonfatnesswontonfatness Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    1. Captain JamJamz
    2. Class H planet!
    3. Most are saying sphere builders, but i hope that is being saved for later and we can get the Tzenkethi. Maybe even as agents of the Sphere builders.
  • reikontenshireikontenshi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    1> Captain JamJamz
    2> K-Class
    3> Purely speculation on my part, since I haven't seen tomorrow's maps yet...If it's on the galaxy map, I'd doubt it would be the Sphere Builders (who hail from an alternate dimension). There are many species to choose from - the Shelliak, the Devore, the Tzenketh...but I'm going to jump on the bandwagon & say that the Na'Kuhl seem very plausible.
  • lionsilverlionsilver Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    1: JamJamz
    2: Class T? Haven't flew into a gas giant before. At least not in the game yet.
    3: Sphere Builders, don't remember their true name...

I think LOL.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    120 work hours for remodelling the Galaxy on your own time? I presume "own time" means "time spent in the office without pay", or is "own time" a part of the time alloted in your work hours for personally chosen projects?
    Or was it 120 work days for Andromeda + Galaxy?

My thanks to Thomas Marrone for his work above and beyond.
    (Which isn't to say I don't thank the other ship artists - you're all doing great work and I'd not be surprised if all of you show this type of devotion.)
    Also much thanks for the blog series to everyone contributing and making it possible. It was certainly interesting.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • draenar13draenar13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Q1. Captain JamJamz
    Q2. Class K. Let's see some pressure domes!
    Q3. ??
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Q2: Class A (Gothos)
    Q3: Tzenkethi
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Q2: Planet Express
    Q3: Jedi
    Look, idk the answers to the last two so have some random things that make no sense that just fell out of my brain when I read them instead.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Q2: My guess is Class A. Need rewatch TOS to be sure.
    Q3: I agree with many others that the Sphere builders would a good one. Need to rewatch Enterprise to see what is actually known about them.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    1) Jamjamz

2) Class K

3) Tzenkethi
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    JamJamz
    K-Class
    Tzenkethki (whoever those tzen-Kzinti whatever hybrids are...)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Q2: Mudds planet-Uninhabitable Class-K
    Q3: The Sphere Builders
    Post edited by mayito2009 on
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • jazzinmypantsjazzinmypants Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Q2: Class K
    Q3: Sphere Builders
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    1. Captain JamJamz
    2. Class K (I had to Google it)
    3. Na'kuhl (bro)​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • buffbuff Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    1. Captain JamJamz
    2. Class K just because everyone says so
    3. Sphere Builders naturally
    Contest is now closed - winners to be announced Friday Evening.