test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Tempest Trials, sort of a STO comic book

ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
edited October 2015 in Starfleet Media Corps
When I first started playing STO, I really liked that it allowed you to immerse in the Star Trek world. Like a lot of Trekkies, I dabbled in some fanfiction writing during the time that Voyager and DS9 was on air, but sort of grew away from it as new episodes of Star Trek stopped airing and other things like college, grad school, and work took priority. STO definitely rekindled my interest because it allowed me to bring characters to life as animated beings instead of just words and names on a page.

After playing the episodes for a while, I was inspired to document some of my head canon ideas for how my character fits into the STO world and so created a tumblr that follows my main toon and his ship. Eventually, I decided to try writing some short episodic fanfiction based on my character's adventures while using in-game screenshots to illustrate them.

Starfleet Media Corps has graciously allowed me to share some of what I've created with the STO community. I don't have much so far, but here it is:

Cast of Characters
A Spock Tribute
Responding to the Iconian crisis
A current ongoing story - Part 1, 2, 3, 4

Any critiques and comments are appreciated. I'm also wondering if any other STO players are doing anything similar to this and hope maybe they'd also like to share. B)

Updated: 10-12-2015 with Part 4
After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
wbur87.jpg
U.S.S. Tempest
Post edited by ironcaniac on

Comments

• Options
    ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    Since the Season 11 launch, I've been unable to login because I'm a Mac user. So as of this writing, I don't know if I'm going to be able to update any time soon.

Ironically, the last update I did was in anticipation of New Dawn as I was actually pretty excited to play the updated content and "become explorers again." It's been a really buzzkill to say the least, but hopefully the problem is fixed soon.
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest