test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - October 15, 2015

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.55.20151013a.2.

New Feature:

Badlands Battlezone:
  • The Badlands Battlezone is a new area for all level 60 captains and is accessible from the Alpha Quadrant.
  • Fight the Terran Empire who is opening portals into the Badlands to stage an invasion into our universe.
  • Completion of objectives in the Badlands Battlezone will award new Terran Empire marks, used for advancing through the Terran Task Force reputation.
  • Participation also awards Expertise and Dilithium.
  • This is still a work in progress.
  • For more information, please visit the Badlands Battlezone blog at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9590413-star-trek-online:-badlands-battlezeone

New Dawn:
  • Admiralty:
    • UI has had further streamlined updates.
    • Overview page Admiralty buttons are now disabled below level 52.
    • Assignment timers count down correctly.
    • Added more description to empty maintenance page, and adding a tooltip to the maintenance header.
    • Added icons and updated information on incorrectly labeled ship cards.
    • Added failure messages to Colonist and Prisoner rewards that will tell you if you are out of Brig/Passenger space.
    • Base skillpoint rewards reduced by 25% on all assignments.
    • Base reward increases (earned at Campaign Tiers 2, 4, 7 and 9) increased to 5% per improvement (total of 20% increase, at Campaign Tier 9+).
  • Assault on Terok Nor and Counterpoint:
    • Final environment art and audio is in.
    • Rewards have been updated to match current queues.
    • These queues now have standard cooldown timers.
    • Cutscenes are not final.
  • Cardassian Arc Revamp
    • “Through the Looking Glass” has been retitled to “Jabberwocky”.
    • Resolved numerous blocking issues throughout all 4 episodes.
    • Final art and audio has been implemented into the episodes.
    • Cutscenes are not final.
  • Added most of the remaining icons and art throughout the Terran Task Force Reputation.

General:
  • Updated the level scaling for the Delta Quadrant and Iconian War episode arcs:
    • The Delta Quadrant episode arc is now scaled to be level range 50 – 56.
    • The Iconian War episode arc is now scaled to be level range 56 – 59.
  • Resolved an issue where some Bridge Officers could not be commissioned and were missing some information such as ones from the Federation, Romulan, and Klingon tutorials and Fleet Embassy.
  • Resolved an issue which was causing collision to be missing in non-spherical zones on maps.
  • Resolved an issue which made the Rock and Roll Animation look incorrect when used on ships which can saucer separate.
  • Ground/Space filter now only filters Personal Traits and Active Reputation groups in the Traits window.
  • Removed a duplicate Federation Minefield queue which was appearing for the KDF faction.
  • Resolved an issue in the Away Team select where if a captains had no Bridge Officers and was in a team, it allowed both players to select their own set of Bridge Officers.
  • Resolved an issue which was causing Temek in the episode “Cutting the Cord” to speak an incorrect line.
  • Resolved an issue where the torpedo nodes for the Constellation class Heavy Cruiser were not appearing in the correct place.
  • Resolved an issue where maximum shield capacity didn’t reflect modifiers until damage was taken.
  • Added a new set of nacelle options for the Constellation class named "Constellation Beta".
    • These nacelles are available for players who own the Constellation Class Heavy Cruiser Refit.
  • Resolved an issue which was causing the grenade explosion FX to be missing on some weapons such as the:
    • Klingon Honor Guard Pulseweave Rifle
    • Phased Biomatter Burst Rifle
    • Adapted MACO Phaser Pulsewave Rifle
  • Resolved an issue in the Dyson Sphere Space Battlezone that would cause a Federation capture point to not drop back to 2/3 completion if players failed to activate the rift-destroying device after it powered up.
  • Resolved a small "bump" under female noses that was visible with some of the complexion options in certain lighting.
  • Iconian Vests are now showing properly for Reman Females.
  • Implemented a new loading screen for New Dawn.
  • Traits are now sorted alphabetically.
  • Traits can now be filtered by region.
  • The Showfps 1 command once again functions.

Systems:
  • All T1 through T5 Starships which cost Dilithium to obtain have had their prices reduced:
    • T1 (Lt) reduced from 8,000 to 5,000
    • T2 (LtC) reduced from 15,000 to 10,000
    • T3 (Cdr) reduced from 40,000 to 20,000
    • T4 (Capt) reduced from 80,000 to 40,000
    • T5 (RA-LH) reduced from 120,000 to 80,000
  • Updated Omega Task Force reputation starship shield reward project names and descriptions to correctly reference the name of the item that is awarded.
  • Prototype Bateret Sedative and Prototype Ketracel Stimulant now correctly trigger cooldowns on other ground devices when used, and can no longer be used during combat.
  • Added a disclaimer to all Specialization scaling passives: "Must have at least 1 point spent in this Specialization, to gain this bonus."
    • This is a text change only.
  • Ferengi Rapid Fire Missiles now correctly trigger both "Overwhelming Force" and "Torpedo Barrage" Starship Traits, when using High Yield.
  • Resolved an issue that was preventing Timely Intervention, a Command Kit Module, from ever becoming available for use, regardless of teammates' health values.
  • Corrected an issue that would cause the starship trait Weapon System Synergy to trigger on the 11th stack of Weapon System Synergy instead of on the 10th as intended.
  • Resolved an issue with Sensor Analysis that was causing Shield Drains against affected foes to be diminished once 6 stacks had been reached.
    • Shield Drains should again be properly enhanced by Sensor Analysis, regardless of number of stacks on the foe.
  • The "Install Replicator" Duty Officer Assignment on Nimbus will no longer take up a Duty Officer Assignment slot.
  • Updated description of Subspace Fold power to match actual distance travelled.
  • Updated description of Torpedo Spread 2/3 templates to now display the correct number of targets the powers hit in the long description.

Known Issues:
  • Cutscenes and VO are still a work in progress for:
    • Counterpoint
    • Assault on Terok Nor
    • The Cardassian Arc Revamp
    • The Badlands Battlezone
  • Admiralty is still a work in progress.

Comments

• entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    So too many Skill Points were going out in the Admiralty system, eh?

I thought the rewards were supposed to be "substantial." I guess not. It is just DOFF'ing with ships now.

EDIT: Sorry for the rash post, but dang...you claim "substantial rewards", then start cutting them down. I know these weren't final numbers since they're on Tribble, but yikes. It's still significant but...I don't know. I think I'm more upset at the principle of the change rather than the change amount itself.

EDIT 2: I did the math pre-reduction and post-reduction. Over a 2-day span, I had accumulated 211k XP. Applying a .75 multiplier (which may have double counted the last 5 missions I just collected), it's at 159k, give or take. Still substantial? Yes. As substantial as it was? That looks to be a 50k reduction in a 2-day span. Also note, though, a number of those were Criticals that pushed the XP over 10k, so YMMV.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    So Much Awesome Stuffs!!!

YAY

Also, Substatial is a Relative Term. With the Changes to the Requirements of the Missions in the Delta and Iconian Arc, I'm sure these will be fine.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah, I've been waiting for the subspace fold fix for a while. The dil cost reduction for the freebie ships is nice too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    One really really annoying 'feature' that crept in this build: The ship selector for the admiralty tasks disappears as soon as your mouse cursor strays a pixel from the select window.

Reproducing steps:
    Try to fill a task with a huge not filtered selection of ships. Hold down LMB dragging the ship list downwards with a slight drift to the right side. Window vanishes. Try again while meticiously making sure your mouse stays within bounds, window stays.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    edit: my bad
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    If you leave the Battlezone, you get ejected near DS9/Bajor... which is strange.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.55.20151013a.2.

New Dawn:
    • Admiralty:
      • Base skillpoint rewards reduced by 25% on all assignments.
      • Base reward increases (earned at Campaign Tiers 2, 4, 7 and 9) increased to 5% per improvement (total of 20% increase, at Campaign Tier 9+).

General:
      • Traits can now be filtered by region.
      • The Showfps 1 command once again functions.

Systems:
      • All T1 through T5 Starships which cost Dilithium to obtain have had their prices reduced:
        • T1 (Lt) reduced from 8,000 to 5,000
        • T2 (LtC) reduced from 15,000 to 10,000
        • T3 (Cdr) reduced from 40,000 to 20,000
        • T4 (Capt) reduced from 80,000 to 40,000
        • T5 (RA-LH) reduced from 120,000 to 80,000
      • Resolved an issue with Sensor Analysis that was causing Shield Drains against affected foes to be diminished once 6 stacks had been reached.
        • Shield Drains should again be properly enhanced by Sensor Analysis, regardless of number of stacks on the foe.
        [

Admirality:
    Every time I think they've finally done something to alleviate the post level 60 grind, I get dissapointed. Why lower the XP rewards with such long maintenance waits anyway?

General:
    Awesome updates and fixes.

Systems:
    Great to see an outdated dil sink get lowered. Now if they would only set back to it's S5 value the doff upgrinder....
    The SA fix has been a long time coming. Thanks a million for that one. Was there some sort of similar bug with the shield healing portion? I kind of remember the thread where this came up, but it's burried deep no.
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    lucho80 wrote: »

Systems:
    Great to see an outdated dil sink get lowered. Now if they would only set back to it's S5 value the doff upgrinder....
    The SA fix has been a long time coming. Thanks a million for that one. Was there some sort of similar bug with the shield healing portion? I kind of remember the thread where this came up, but it's burried deep no.

SA didn't increase damage to shields, and it decreaesd shield drains. As best as I can remember, the rest of it was working fine or hand-wavable as Cryptic math, which should have included shield and hull healing.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2015
    Admirality:
    Every time I think they've finally done something to alleviate the post level 60 grind, I get dissapointed.

It's not like we removed the XP rewards or anything.

We reduced rewards that were already generally received as "surprisingly impressive" by 25%, then gave everyone the chance to get up to a 20% bonus by advancing within a Campaign. A net loss of a whopping 5%, while giving players a reason to actually care about their Campaign tier a bit more.

As a solid example, post-patch, a single Tour of Duty Assignment will still reward you 15,592 Specialization XP while you are Tier 4 in a Campaign. Even a quick 30min Assignment grants 1,256 SpecXP. Those aren't bad figures, for a system that doesn't honestly take much time to maintain.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    edited October 2015
    Admirality:
    Every time I think they've finally done something to alleviate the post level 60 grind, I get dissapointed.

We reduced rewards that were already generally received as "surprisingly impressive" by 25%, then gave everyone the chance to get up to a 20% bonus by advancing within a Campaign. A net loss of a whopping 5%, while giving players a reason to actually care about their Campaign tier a bit more.

As a solid example, post-patch, a single Tour of Duty Assignment will still reward you 15,592 Specialization XP while you are Tier 4 in a Campaign. Even a quick 30min Assignment grants 1,256 SpecXP. Those aren't bad figures, for a system that doesn't honestly take much time to maintain.

I think what happened was this: whoever programmed the XP was too generous with the XP to start. The XP felt like the "substantial reward" we were promised with the system when we had very generic information available. Personally, I felt the high XP reward was a "catch-up mechanic", to get alts up to 60 so their players can play the game feeling they're on even footing with most everyone else.

Then this "nerf" (not really a nerf as it's not gone live) to the XP numbers just felt like a punch in the gut. Player response: "But I thought these numbers were supposed to be this high! Why cut them!?"

From what you're describing, Bort, the numbers that went in originally should have been end-of-Campaign numbers. These are just being normalized to fit properly into their respective Tiers. Maybe. It's just a guess, honestly.

So if I may ask...why were the XP rewards cut back compared to the numbers we had seen? Perhaps some reasoning behind the change may help things.

EDIT: On reflection, Bort, the rewards are indeed still pretty substantial. I calculated about 1 Spec Point per 2 days, give or take a few hours or other missions/queues/etc. It just throws us for a loop when the "substantial rewards" are cut back because they may be too substantial.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Soooo, what's this dry dock thing (8 slots) I have above my ship slot indicator?
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STO-LCARS-Sig-Yamato.png
    If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (that can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Admirality:

I'm perfectly fine with that. It is a work on progress after all, so nothing was finalized yet and you guys can make adjustments later if you feel the need to because, plans are always subject to change. :)
    Admirality:

I'm perfectly fine with that. It is a work on progress after all, so nothing was finalized yet and you guys can make adjustments later if you feel the need to because, plans are always subject to change. :)

After re-doing the math, I am, too. I shouldn't have gotten so upset over it, it's just...we *think* it's working as intended, then an XP reduction comes down. And Cryptic's PR in the past with XP reductions and player perception hasn't been great, especially when you see the reduction is by 1/4.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    Interesting, updates to the Constellation class Heavy Cruiser. Does that mean T6 Constellation class Heavy Cruiser coming?
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User

General:
    • Resolved an issue where the torpedo nodes for the Constellation class Heavy Cruiser were not appearing in the correct place.
    • Added a new set of nacelle options for the Constellation class named "Constellation Beta".
      • These nacelles are available for players who own the Constellation Class Heavy Cruiser Refit.

I copied over a character who has the C-Store Constellation in the shipyard. When that ship is made active, I can fly it just fine. I hoped to test the 'Beta" nacelle choice. However, only the Stargazer-Cheyenne-Dakota customization's are available on Tribble.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    i wonder if those rewards are base values, or using the tribble multiplier. as far as i remember, tribble had a 2x xp applied to it at all times since delta rising or so, so something that looks substantial on tribble is underwhelming on holodeck which didn't have the bonus.​​
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    can i ask why is it whenever i go to a ship selector there is an bit saying how many ship slots i have and under that it say's something about Drydock spaces does that mean we are getting new ship slots with S11 or is that a bug
    The True King In The North
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Drydock? Maybe slots where you can store unused ships without without any equipment to save database space but still be able to use them in admiralty system? Just a guess.
    Gameserver not found.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    psiameese wrote: »

General:

I copied over a character who has the C-Store Constellation in the shipyard. When that ship is made active, I can fly it just fine. I hoped to test the 'Beta" nacelle choice. However, only the Stargazer-Cheyenne-Dakota customization's are available on Tribble.

It's most likely because it's tied to checking whether you own the C-Store ship and the C-Store doesn't work on Tribble. I've run into similar issues a few times over on Tribble.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • g0delg0del Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Admirality:
    Are you just being sloppy with the math, or using "percent reduction" and "percent increase" incorrectly? Because a 25% reduction (100XP goes down to 75XP) followed by a 20% increase (75XP goes to 90XP) is a net 10% loss.

Official STARFLEET DENTAL Bug Hunter
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I thought the rewards were too much as well, for the admiraity system. But I can appreciate how hard it is for you guys balancing this stuff :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    g0del wrote: »
    Are you just being sloppy with the math, or using "percent reduction" and "percent increase" incorrectly? Because a 25% reduction (100XP goes down to 75XP) followed by a 20% increase (75XP goes to 90XP) is a net 10% loss.

Just sloppy in my post. Your math is correct. Sorry about that.

Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • g0delg0del Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Thanks for the clarification. What about arrmatey's question about a tribble xp bonus? If rewards are going to get cut in half when it goes live, you might want to start preparing people for that news now.
    Official STARFLEET DENTAL Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for the clarification. What about arrmatey's question about a tribble xp bonus? If rewards are going to get cut in half when it goes live, you might want to start preparing people for that news now.

The new amounts are not insignificant. I got 70k XP in one day of just slotting ships every now and again as I got my real-life duties taken care of. That was with few C-Store ships, most of the Event Ships, and a few freebies limited to what I could afford on Holodeck. It was also on a Level 52 toon just starting Admiralty. On another character, counting the XP drop-off I still got 159k XP over a 2-day span. A couple DOFF missions and that's 1 Spec Point.

Also, please don't exaggerate. It wasn't "cut in half." Indeed, it was 25% from the base values, but most of that builds back up as you progress through the Admiralty.

Finally, there's no need to prepare players for this. It's a balance check, not a nerf. A nerf would to me indicate it's gone to Holodeck, been played by the masses, and reduced due to extreme use solely for 1 purpose, especially at the loss of other activities. And the numbers on Tribble are always unofficial; it's a testing shard, so all values could change "overnight."

EDIT: Delete all the above I wrote. I see what you're saying now. If the Tribble XP numbers are inflated already, the XP will be unimpressive when it hits Holodeck and will effectively just be "DOFF'ing with Ships."
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Still no fix for the Caitian and Ferasan tails unable to be modified in the tailor but also causing it to drop to 15FPS. Le sad.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter

I 100% Do NOT want an XP Bonus on Tribble.
    Part of the reason the Backlash was so bad when Delta Rising Launched was because there was a Bonus on Tribble.
    Then we everything went live People started complaining since it Took So much longer than on Tribble

My 10ec
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    primar13 wrote: »

Part of the reason the Backlash was so bad when Delta Rising Launched was because there was a Bonus on Tribble.
    Then we everything went live People started complaining since it Took So much longer than on Tribble

My 10ec

Nobody is asking to get an XP bonus on Tribble. The question stems from not knowing if the XP on Tribble has been normalised to Holodeck levels as it still hadn't been a few months back and Tribble missions paid out more in XP than the same missions on Holodeck which could lead to inaccurate feedback.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User

My 10ec

My 10ec

Nobody is asking to get an XP bonus on Tribble. The question stems from not knowing if the XP on Tribble has been normalised to Holodeck levels as it still hadn't been a few months back and Tribble missions paid out more in XP than the same missions on Holodeck which could lead to inaccurate feedback.
    ​​

can i also add that if they are going to remove the tribble xp booster from tribble then pls get rid of that Devidian that is on Delta command as i forgot he did not work anymore went there and lost 7 levels on a toon because of it thankfully i had a spare copy but that is not the point noobs may not know he is not working and make the same mistake i did
    The True King In The North
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    i wonder if those rewards are base values, or using the tribble multiplier. as far as i remember, tribble had a 2x xp applied to it at all times since delta rising or so, so something that looks substantial on tribble is underwhelming on holodeck which didn't have the bonus.​​

This should be clarified on. The rewards as they are now should be left as is.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.