test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] The Foundry Roundtable Episode 116: My Fleet for a Transporter

drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
Welcome to the Foundry Roundtable, a weekly podcast dedicated to Foundry missions, mission building and other UGC issues starring Foundry authors Drogyn1701, Markhawkman and Greendragoon.

Watch on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNslNapfre0

Listen on Soundcloud

Subscribe on iTunes

-- NEWS

The Admiralty System

-- DISCUSSION

Recreating species from 200,000 ago
Kitbashing ships for new species
Tech Topic: New Trick for faking a beam out

-- COMMUNITY QUESTION

What is a good timeframe for a Foundry Challenge? (Length of production/length of voting)

We livestream on Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable with episodes launching the following Monday.

If you have a topic you'd like to see us cover, have a mission you want promoted, or would like to be a guest-host, e-mail us at FoundryRoundtable@live.com or follow us on Twitter: @FoundryRoundtab
The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Comments

• lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    I love episodes with lots of tech like this one :)
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I love episodes with lots of tech like this one :)

They're a little disconcerting though when you realize in just how many places you could conceivably go back to and apply it. Learning stuff is fun. Learning stuff after having finished something is both fun and terrifying (see. the moment after the extra TRIBBLE is discovered). :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    Well you can always apply it to future missions!

If there's any techniques you guys think of that we ought to demonstrate, or problems you can't find a solution to, let us know. We're always looking for new tech topics.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited October 2015
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

If there's any techniques you guys think of that we ought to demonstrate, or problems you can't find a solution to, let us know. We're always looking for new tech topics.

lol, yes I could and some of what my last mission did owes a lot to the Bajoran crowd control demo you ran a few weeks back.

I am struggling with one thing at the moment: coming to terms with the lighting variables on space maps (they don't seem to be doing what I think they should be doing, and when over-laid numbers start appearing on the color bars I get scared and run away). I'm sure that won't require much explaining but it would be appreciated at some point in the near-ish future. :)
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!

lol, yes I could and some of what my last mission did owes a lot to the Bajoran crowd control demo you ran a few weeks back.

I am struggling with one thing at the moment: coming to terms with the lighting variables on space maps (they don't seem to be doing what I think they should be doing, and when over-laid numbers start appearing on the color bars I get scared and run away). I'm sure that won't require much explaining but it would be appreciated at some point in the near-ish future. :)

Well I believe that lighting for custom backdrops is not functional still. If you want some different lighting, you'll have to use the pre-built backdrops.

Well I believe that lighting for custom backdrops is not functional still. If you want some different lighting, you'll have to use the pre-built backdrops.

Ahhhh, thanks!
    Notice for everyone: we won't be doing a show this week. I had a conflict Wednesday, so we moved to Sunday, but then Dragoon had a conflict today, so I'm just going to call it for the week. We'll pick up Wednesday at our usual time.