test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Credit for Dilithium

toshiro157toshiro157 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
I feel like this has been brought up before, but I couldn't seem to find a thread about it, if I missed it I apologize.

As many of you know, getting dilithium for fleet projects can be difficult. Since dilithium is the second most valuable resource in the game (behind zen) this is understandable. However, the number of fleet credits you receive is not remotely representative of this.

Currently you receive 1 fleet credit for 1 dilithium which is incredibly low.
To put this into perspective, 1 fleet mark (the most common mark in the game) will give you 50 fleet credits. This means that 1 dilithium is equal to 1/50 of a fleet mark. Yet, fleet marks can only be used in fleet projects whereas dilithium is needed for nearly every aspect of the game.

If you look at the reputation marks 1 rep mark is worth 10 dilithium since you can trade in 50 marks for 500 dilithium.

1 fleet mark = 50 dilithium
1 rep mark = 10 dil

My 2 possible solutions (please post your own if you have ideas):
--Increase the number of fleet credits earned for donating dilithium say 100 credits per dilithium
--Create a project, either individual or similar to the unload surplus fleet marks (except open to all fleets) which gives fleet only dilithium for fleet marks maybe 50-100 fleet only dilithium.

Please cryptic, help us encourage donations to fleet projects. There is currently no incentive to donation dilithium to fleet projects other than to unlock new stuff which costs still more dilithium.

For those who might think that fleets needing dilithium is a leadership issue, that is kind of true, but we currently have no way to reward/track those who donate dilithium. Fleet donations are tracked by fleet credits earned (so everything is weighted more than dilithium).

Comments

• lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Although I do feel dilithium is undervalued in fleet projects, I think your math is a bit off, I'd be quite happy with a 5 fleet credits per dilithium input since:

1 fleet mark = 50 fleet credits
    1 rep mark = 10 dilithium

Therefore:

10 dilithium = 50 fleet credits
    or
    1 dilithium = 5 fleet credits

Based on:

1 rep mark = 1 fleet mark

100 FC per dilithium as you propose would be awesome but doesn't represent the math.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Their is an easier way to get dil for fleet projects:

Swipe credit card, buy zen, use dil exchange, donate to fleet projects. Done.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    Their is an easier way to get dil for fleet projects:

Swipe credit card, buy zen, use dil exchange, donate to fleet projects. Done.

ok, all we need then is your credit-card !!!! LOL
  • toshiro157toshiro157 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    lhoygow wrote: »
    Although I do feel dilithium is undervalued in fleet projects, I think your math is a bit off, I'd be quite happy with a 5 fleet credits per dilithium input since:

1 fleet mark = 50 fleet credits
    1 rep mark = 10 dilithium

Therefore:

10 dilithium = 50 fleet credits
    or
    1 dilithium = 5 fleet credits

Based on:

1 rep mark = 1 fleet mark

100 FC per dilithium as you propose would be awesome but doesn't represent the math.

You are right, 100 FC/dil was a bit much, I got my numbers confused.

1 dil = 5 fleet credits would make it an even exchange with reputation marks. (I would be perfectly happy with this)
    Since I assume cryptic wants to use fleet projects as dilithium sinks, I would say to make it 1 dil = 10 fleet credits since adding more fleet credits into the game really shouldn't bother the economy much (please tell me if I am wrong) considering that fleet credits can only be used in fleet facilties.
    Admittedly, if they add a new project to convert fleet marks into dilithium (or fleet only dilithium) then they should go with the 1 dil = 5 fleet credits to avoid flooding the game with fleet credits.

Regardless, I think we both agree that the 1 to 1 ratio of dilthium and fleet credits needs to go away. I just hope that cryptic agrees as well.

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    toshiro157 wrote: »

Regardless, I think we both agree that the 1 to 1 ratio of dilthium and fleet credits needs to go away. I just hope that cryptic agrees as well.

Handing out a better fleet credit /dil donation ratio to game would probably solve a lot of, if not all, contribution problems larger as well as smaller fleets may have.

The idea is good tosh.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    I agree, there needs to be more figurative "carrot" in dilithium donation to fleet projects.
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)