test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Broken and kept "promises"

13»

Comments

• gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    I've only played DCUO, but never went on their forums, but I don't know if there's such a level of hostility towards the developers there that the developers decide that hanging out in a Reddit subforum is probably a much more safer (and saner) option than hanging out here.

There is hostility towards DCUO's devs, like there is hostility displayed by a fraction of the population of each MMO on the market. But generally, DCUO's players are respectful towards the devs, because almost each dev is talking to the players on the forum everyday, because they say what they have to say but do not insult players (nothing like "Pvp players are 13-years old kids, so pvp is not worth our attention"), because when they ask their input (or when they receive bug reports) they take them into account, because when there is a problem with the server the CM or one of the lead devs pops up and explains / apologizes for the problem immediatly (you don't have to go to other Daybreak forums to find the info), and so on.

Again, we go back to the "never forgive, never forget" mentality this place seems to have. You, right there, pointed it out. "Oh, they insulted the PVP players! I'll use this as an example!" I would be willing to bet that, instead of hanging on to old grievances and hurt pride, things would be a lot better here if you guys would let go. Y'know, no more "Delta Rising is the BEST expansion ever and the players LOVE it!" BS or cheering as Geko is sweating while being asked questions as if you're hoping for the one question that will break him as a man and turning him into a sobbing mess as he begs forgiveness for the KDF and RR players.

Maybe, just maybe, we'd have that level of communication that DCUO has.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »
    Funny how certain people always seem to enjoy to de-rail threats because they can't read and intrepid

I certainly hope no one is making "threats", because that is against the forum rules. Also, I have to admit that I don't know how to "intrepid". Can you please teach me?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'm not a PvP player, in fact i don't like PvP, but i can understand that other players are enjoying PvP. So personally, i've nothing to forgive, since i don't care about PvP. However, as a player, as a person, i don't think this is an appropriate behaviour for one of the lead devs to be offensive and mocking towards a part of the community. I think that the community has to make efforts, but she can't be alone, the devs must be respectful too, especially of tastes that are not theirs.
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    being 5-10 mins on google i found a 3rd party source, which is quoting cryptic:

"It was always promised that if Star Trek Online was ever going to add a third faction, we would make sure that Klingons would get expanded content first (or at the same time). With Legacy of Romulus adding Romulans as a playable faction, it was a matter of honor that the Klingons get their own content from level 1 to 50," Cryptic wrote.
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/17/star-trek-online-fulfills-its-promise-to-klingon-players/

d'stahl in interview (10-15 mins of search):
    "Stahl: [...]

In regard to more PVE development, we are starting the first series of weekly episodes in late August and with the promise of a new mission ever week. Considering that an average Star Trek mission can span multiple locations, that is about as aggressive as you could imagine!"
    http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=22916

cryptic/stahl using "the word" oO.
    as said, all the old blog-links and so on are kinda broken since forum migration. funny that there're still there, but after a couple of seconds it sends one onto the arc page lulz. no talk about non-existing transcripts from a ton of podcasts.
    have a nice one, ngh time wasted...

and always keep in mind kids: not every forum-user is a native english-speaker ;). and i could bet, that not every native english-speaker is capable of using all the depths their language could provide. or able to write one sentence without a single error. must be just the same as everywhere else i guess lol...
    Post edited by wast33 on
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Yeah. This thread is getting closed down.
This discussion has been closed.