test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

750k fleet credit for the weekly fleet boosts?

jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Fleet System and Holdings
What are they smoking? I'm almost positive that no one in my (pretty large) fleet is going to want me to slot that project. The other requirements are fine, but the fleet credit req. is really high. And since that's in the requirements for the boosts, I'm also assuming that this project doesn't give fleet credit... Has anyone slotted the weekly boosts yet and has your fleet filled it quickly or has it languished, blocking other projects?
Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
STOSIG.png
Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.

Comments

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    we normally fill any project pretty fast, but this is one i am really dreading. i just know somebody will queue it... 750k fleet credit for a 1% skill boost. what a bad joke!
    i am pretty sure this the exciting spec point solution trendy told us about a while ago.

1%... id question its value even if it were 50%.​​
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Ok put into context, that's 15k fleet marks a project, that's got to be a multiplier error in the maths I hope (I'd maybe take 10% of the current valve but 1% seems far more reasonable).
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    So I polled our fleet yay or nay for slotting this project and so far it's losing, people just don't want to pay 750k Fleet credit for these. I was looking forward to the buffs, but not at this price for a five-day buff.

Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • ascaladarascaladar Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    I agree, the project is of questionable usefulness, even in a very large and very active fleet were everybody happily donates into fleet projects (They must exist but I have never seen them)

For a small fleet the project is actually harmful and I sincerely hope that no one in my fleet is slotting this project.

What was Cr*ptic thinking/smoking? -.-
  • michaelbigertonmichaelbigerton Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    750k Fleet credit would be good for a month long boost but not 5 days. I won't slot this project as it seems useless.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    Have to admit i have been thinking hard about slotting these...

for a huge! fleet yeh i can understand but for a mid - small fleet erm NO!
    ​​
    JtaDmwW.png
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    These weekly boost projects are around the wrong way. Fleet members need and want Fleet Credits to buy gear with. The best way of doing this is by donating Fleet Marks.

I understand that in large fleets having a huge Fleet Marks sink would be a great.
    Basically nobody wants to hand over Fleet Creds.

These projects should not be asking for Fleet Creds, but instead Fleet Marks. Perhaps 10 - 15k FMs or thereabouts for a week long boost seems reasonable?

Either way, still useless for small-mid size fleets.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    It's a ripoff. Borderline insulting.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • fleudermausfleudermaus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I really have to think they meant to make it 75,000 and not 3/4 of a MILLION for a 5 day bonus. My fleet is fairly advanced and pretty active but also fairly small and there is really no way we're going to generate 750,000 fleet credit in 5 days among all the active players in an average week. To put it in practical perspective: a small to medium sized fleet with 10 "actively contributing" players would need an average of 15,000 fleet credits from each of those 10 players EVERY day exclusively for one of these projects. That means that any other project, including supporting other armada members is over and ABOVE that (separate) which in most fleets I'm familiar with is completely unrealistic.

At this current price I'd only even consider it if it was a 10% (minimum) bonus for 30 days and even then I probably would still have to think about it.

The only reason for us building the lab at this point are the kit frames and modules and the other extras; these buff projects simply cost more than they yield for us.
    >}--;--'--,----
    LOVECAREHOPESUPPORTCOMMUNITYSHARINGPEACE

• omegapaladinomegapaladin Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    These weekly boost projects are around the wrong way. Fleet members need and want Fleet Credits to buy gear with. The best way of doing this is by donating Fleet Marks.

I understand that in large fleets having a huge Fleet Marks sink would be a great.
    Basically nobody wants to hand over Fleet Creds.

These projects should not be asking for Fleet Creds, but instead Fleet Marks. Perhaps 10 - 15k FMs or thereabouts for a week long boost seems reasonable?

Either way, still useless for small-mid size fleets.

Making this project payable in Fleet Marks would solve several problems at once.

Currently, Fleet Credits are a reward to a *player* for contributing to the fleet. Donate a Doff, get some fleet credits. (A clever system, I might add) That many fleet credits is enough to buy tons of top-level fleet gear.

Fleet Marks currently have no use other than donation to a fleet. Even my mostly inactive fleet would be happy to be able to offload our thousands of marks on a project, as that would turn our fleet marks into spendable fleet credit.