What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cardassian Revamp Episode 1

Comments

• Options
    effaeldmeffaeldm Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    skelmerd wrote: »
    Trendy, when did you become the Administrator? Are you like Q now with your all seeing powers? Can you read my mind and realize that I'm thinking about the bacon you'll be providing players that you had some handsome Qs make on your behalf for us as a reward for one of these episodes?

What?! You read my mind and knew all about that?! SHE'S A Q! RUN FOR YOUR LIVERS, FOLKS! RUN FOR THE LIVERS!

...no, I'm not drunk. I'm only having my 6th cup of my 12th pot of coffee. Why do you ask?

In all seriousness, is that Cardassia I see? Because that certainly isn't Bajor architecture in that picture. Maybe you'll add an actual Cardassian race to all factions? So that I can make a Cardassian who saves DS9 and Bajor and they hate me? Please? I'll give you livers for this to happen.
    ....yes?

Wait! What? does this mean we will get playable Cardies, and be able to goto Cardassia? :open_mouth:

Pleeease...

Oh wait, I'm not behaving properly to get this...

Everyone who wants playable Cardies, here's what needs to be done: Print a photo of fave Cardie, go to your PC's BIOS, set up your PC to boot from floppy or at least CD/DVD drive, stick the photo into the floppy/CD/DVD and boot from it. Hardcore ones may try flash drive.

PS: In case this doesn't sound a bit familiar, I recommend (re)watching DS9: Improbable Cause :)
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    great news ! Cardassian story revamp is something , I wish I had a very long time. At current state they are worse than good foundry missions. And it is a god way to playble the cardassian.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    I am merely annoyed by mental invalids trying to pass off stuff so full holes it makes Swiss cheese look solid as credible/believable info.

So, I take it you were annoyed by the entire Delta Rising and Iconian storyline? That had more holes in it than Tupac's body.
  • Options
    rogueaegianrogueaegian Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    My question is what happens to those of us mid-Cardassian Struggle when the purge comes? I'm about to start Rapier in my Federation alt and I hope to be past the arc before the old missions get removed but RL has been a mess for a while so no promises.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Third, you have to remember that the True Way exists in the game. They can be the Enemy to a Cardassian enemy the way the Tal Shiar was the major enemy to the Romulan Republic. There would be no need to have to use the Elachi at all. If anything, the Cardassians will get an extended story like the Romulans did, some of which will be filled in by the cross faction episodes.
    But how does that tie into the Iconian war plot? The True Way has nothing to do with The Iconians, thus it doesn't serve to explain why the Cardassians would have a vested interest in the Iconian war.

Did you even read anything I wrote?
    azyurion wrote: »
    Seriously, though, why is so much content being removed from this game?.
    What removed content?

No honestly, the only thing that's been honestly removed are some PVE queues back in season 5, and "War is good for business"

everything else has been replaced.

Cardassians are part of the war. There's a Cardassian mixed in with the Alliance. Plus, there's a Galor that is fighting in Midnight. It'll be easy for Cryptic to shoehorn the Cardassians into the story there.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    From the blog {quote]The remainder of the arc, beginning with “Second Wave”, will remain unchanged.
    Starting with 'Second Wave' Kurland is in command of DS9, so no need to worry about that. I was worried that all episodes were being removed with 4 taking their place, but this means the last 5 are going to still be there.

As for Delta Recruits, the episodes "The long night", "Crack in the mirror", and "A gathering darkness" were the only episodes in the Cardassian Struggle/Dominion Domination arc that had stuff for Delta Recruits and they are not part of the final 5 episodes that aren't being touched. And these episodes are probably going to be removed, so they'll need to place the Delta Recruit stuff in the new episodes.[/quote]

A gathering Darkness is part of the BORG Advance arc.

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    From the blog
    The remainder of the arc, beginning with “Second Wave”, will remain unchanged.
    Starting with 'Second Wave' Kurland is in command of DS9, so no need to worry about that. I was worried that all episodes were being removed with 4 taking their place, but this means the last 5 are going to still be there.

As for Delta Recruits, the episodes "The long night", "Crack in the mirror", and "A gathering darkness" were the only episodes in the Cardassian Struggle/Dominion Domination arc that had stuff for Delta Recruits and they are not part of the final 5 episodes that aren't being touched. And these episodes are probably going to be removed, so they'll need to place the Delta Recruit stuff in the new episodes.

A gathering Darkness is part of the BORG Advance arc.

Oops. You're right. So that is only 2 episodes in the Cardassian arc that Delta Recruits had to do something in. But it's already been pointed out that the devs have said Delta Recruits don't need to worry and their stuff will be in the new episodes.

I always wondered why only those 2 episodes in the Cardassian arc had Delta Recruit stuff, and also why it wasn't placed in any of the final 5 episodes, especially since that story arc had a lot of episodes. No biggie. I got all 3 of my recruit character's stuff done before the event ended.
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    bioixi wrote: »
    I love reading your replies they are so full of anger issues.
    If I was angry, I would be using caps.

I am merely annoyed by mental invalids trying to pass off stuff so full holes it makes Swiss cheese look solid as credible/believable info.

Stuff full of holes? that's in-game information.
    snip
    Can you retype that in something that resembles English? Because it painfully hard to make out what you were trying to say. I'll try to respond as best I can anyways

-No, they really aren't. Hence why only one Cardassian ship was able to help in the defense of earth. The Cardassians have made great strides in rebuilding, but they are FAR from what they once were
    -Plenty of people hate them, aka, everyone in the Marquis rebellion hated them. And plenty of people would still hold grudges against them for being responsible for the death of friends/family during The Dominion war.
    -I never said they didn't have peace treaties with anyone. Stop trying to straw man my words. There is a difference between having a treaty, and proving yourself worthy to join the faction. The Breen have a treaty with the Federation, don't mean they are best pals.
    -ONE guy, and ONE ship were there. Even the fledgling Romulan Republic offered more, which really shows the sorry state the Cardassians are in right now.
    -The True Way have nothing to do with the Iconians like the Tal Shiar did. Fighting the true Way wouldn't logically lead the Cardassians into the Iconian War plot like the Romulans battle against the Tal Shiar and Elachi did. they are by no means an acceptable enemy for early game mission leading to the Iconian War plot.

In short, you obviously didn't think about anything you said, and attempted nothing more then pure contrarianism. Don't bother responding to my posts if you don't have anything intelligent to say,

Do you really believe battles happen like they do in-game? I mean, you don't really think 1 guy flying a ferengi ship charges into battle and pops more Iconian ships than an entire fleet, right? or that a 5 man team charges against a borg unicomplex and stops a voth an undine and a borg fleet on their tracks at the same time, right?

In-game missions and PvE queues are story canon (for STO) but not literally canon, 1 Cardassian ship in the battle for Earth doesn't mean there was precisely 1 ship, the feds had the Defiant, the Chimera, the Mercury and the Enterprise, that doesn't mean there were only 4 federation ships defending Earth.

Most maquis are dead, there are just a handful of survivors, still 35 years are a lot of years to hold a grudge, sure, there might be some people left hating Cardassians for whatever reasons, but the Federation government has no real reason to hate the new democratic Cardassian government, specially since the federation follows the forgive, forget and make peace philosophy.

The Klingon Empire might be a bit more reticent since they are known to let personal grudges slip into the political area.

The Romulan Republic will see several similarities between the Cardassians and themselves, plus the Cardassian Union did help the Romulans in a time of great need despite having little resources themselves and against the Cardassian public opinion.

I just said they have treaties, you made up the rest in your mind but whatever.

Still, they do have good diplomatic relationships with the 3 major powers of Alpha and Beta, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for the federation, the Romulans or the klingon to help them with the True Way problem or to exchange officers with them, or to let them commerce through alpha and beta quadrants or to include the Cardassians in the Delta quadrant conference or to ask them for help in the Iconian war.

To me, it seem they've proven again and again they are worthy allies, but that's my opinion.

Again, there was not just one guy and one ship, missions are not literal, this is a game, not a TV series, they have to scale things down.

The Cardassians don't need to fight a servitor race to enter the Iconian war, they can enter the Iconian war to support their allies and their own interests.

• Options
    uthergreenshirtuthergreenshirt Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Give us Cards for it has to be in the Cards for the Cards to be! Who know what fun they could have with them!
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Whilst it's great to see a revamp, it's exactly as predicted -- a considerable number of episodes removed but only 4 added in to replace them.
    Please stop shrinking the game...

We'd love to have access somewhere to deprecated content from the Cardassian, Romulan and Klingon War arcs.

Edit:
    How's this going to affect Delta Recruuits?

One possibility I've thought of to address this, though I'm not 100% sure if it is within the Foundry EULA, is to get a YouTube Let's Play of any of the older missions that you wish to revive, and rebuild the mission in the Foundry. It would not be completely identical of course, but I think because of the lower level of effects and gameplay involved in those missions, it would not be that far off from the original. I have a bad feeling, for instance, that one of my favorites from before the 2800, "Seeds of Dissent," is on the chopping block, and that could be one way to immortalize it.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Devs, how stupid can you get? Removing 14 episodes and replacing them with only 4? WTH?!?! If anything, you should just revamp EACH episode to get them up to standards. NOT REMOVE CONTENT.

At this rate Season 12 will be the complete removal of the KDF and Romulans because they are not up to "standards" either. Good thing I already ran those episodes. Soon it will be play everything now before it gets removed.
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    snip
    Your arguments of "MUH SCALE!" completely ignore the fact that it would be trivial to include cardassian ships in the art background of all the herald ships attacking the allied fleets, or take away few of the unnamed generic Fed/Klingon/Romulan ships, and replace them with a few cardassian ships, if they wanted to suggest the cardassians had a larger force there then what we saw.

You can keep jumping through those hoops and doing those mental gymnastics to find ways to explain your fan-fiction all you want. Wont change the facts.

That's not a fact that's your opinion.

As I said, this is a game not a TV series, stuff is not set in stone and the story can be changed at any time (and the story was changed several times).

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    I propose we change the term revamp into temporal incursion and instead of the blog as it is that there be a trailer for it with a blog to speak. It would go kind of like this in my way of thinking. Krenim time ship appears but it has a federation logo on it and you could hear a pin drop from the dead silence in space and then you hear "Kurland Here". Then a temporal incursion begins and you watch your by today's standards of how Cryptic makes the newer episodes by removing the TRIBBLE old ones making better ones.

I'll throw Cryptic the props though under new management the KHG costumes fixed, getting equal content with KDF, and cleaning up the stuff that really irritated people for years so thank god for that. Plus you gotta think at the end game of doing these "temporal incursions" when you or new players do these to level up I believe it would be more appreciated if you didn't have crappy looking missions with really low xp gain because of how the xp and arcs work. Instead really good ones with decent gameplay like is done with the newer stuff that comes out so you are not doing 11 billion missions in an arc. I guess that is positive way to look at it roughly its cleaning up the trash so you don't have content half a decade old that is an eye sore from the stuff you currently are doing. Plus it was a good target for new content because the true way and the mirror universe thus far were nothing more than an annoyance a federation and even kdf player never felt much of a threat from them lol. Anyways that my wall of 2 cents.
  • Options
    And what about those players that hasn't finished their Delta Recruits? Does their Delta Rewards get screwed over or how will that work. I know that a friend of mine hasn't finished his Delta recruit because he has been overseas on deployment.
  • Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Devs, how stupid can you get? Removing 14 episodes and replacing them with only 4? WTH?!?! If anything, you should just revamp EACH episode to get them up to standards. NOT REMOVE CONTENT.

At this rate Season 12 will be the complete removal of the KDF and Romulans because they are not up to "standards" either. Good thing I already ran those episodes. Soon it will be play everything now before it gets removed.

I could see some of the more Mirror Universe episodes being moved (Hopefully with updating) to a new Mirror Assault arc or such as well.

Cage of Fire I hope comes back in some way though.
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Answers from people in charge would be helpful right now.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    @borticuscryptic Please give us some Kurland in the revamped episodes. ;)
  • Options
    If anything, you should just revamp EACH episode to get them up to standards.
    The problem with that is, bringing them up to standards involves removing all the TRIBBLE "kill 10 groups of X" parts of missions, which brings each of their size down considerably, to the point you don't have enough content for a full mission, so they merge the updated parts of each mission until they do.

I don't know if you have heard about this, but quality > quantity.

Each of those 14 episodes are long enough for an a regular episode if people just take their time instead of just rushing through them. All those whales that skip to end of the episodes and complain that there no story should stop and think. Stop skipping dialogue and play through the episodes like they were meant to be played through and you would have plenty of episodes that have quality as well.

To me, it seems more like the devs want to remove episodes to limit how fast players level up. Another gate that players have to deal with. Probably because the devs see the players reaching 50 before the Cardassian Arc as a sign the players are leveling to fast and they have to be slowed down, by force if need be.

If this is to be expected from Season 11, I may just mothball my account and to SWTOR where the devs actually want you to level faster to reach endgame.
  • Options
    And what about those players that hasn't finished their Delta Recruits? Does their Delta Rewards get screwed over or how will that work. I know that a friend of mine hasn't finished his Delta recruit because he has been overseas on deployment.

It's already been stated that the Delta Recruit goals have not and will not be affected by the revamp.
    waldotrek wrote: »
    Answers from people in charge would be helpful right now.

what kind of answers are you looking for?

• Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    Wait, is Kurland actually dead? He plays a big part in The 2800, after all.

Kurland is complicated from a contractual standpoint. They might be able to get a permit for Borticus to update the voiceover but, ultimately, he needs a SAG card and to fulfill some additional requirements.

I think it is quite likely that Kurland was never the commander of DS9 and that the official line will be that Butterfly is responsible for all of the changes to the timeline. Kurland will remain a voice in the fight during Midnight.

This is speculation on my part but it seems reasonable.
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    YES!!! I have hated most of the conflict story arcs to now. The Klingon war was okay but always felt wrong... almost everything since this has been worse. But now we're going against the True Way!! I get to KILL Religious Fanatics!! :D ... I am So EXCITED!!!
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    Yeah, so Cardassian struggle will remain a struggle albeit a lot shorter. Why idiotic missions like Operation Gamma and Of Bajor are left untouched?! Especially Of Bajor, everyone HATES this mission and you will do nothing with it?

Also I presume nothing will be done with the old accolades so get them while you can people. Don't get your hopes up cryptic will do it's homework right this time.

Yup, Operation Gamma and Of Bajor are surely the worst missions in that arc. As for Op. Gamma and The Vault (from the Romulan arc) I positively LOATHE shuttle missions or anything to do with flying shuttles. They're not fun at all.

However, I'd love to see more space-walk missions like Boldy They Rode. THAT was fun.

If they're redoing DS9's interior, the Dominion arc may get a light remaster very soon as well.

IF I could make a key change, it would be to streamline the missions a bit and split "Of Bajor" up into smaller chunks that get added to the other missions. Part at the end of Second Wave, part at the beginning of Operation Gamma.

That, replace the DS9 map with the new map coming after S11, and replace Kurland if he is getting retro replaced.

If there's some, I'd like to see jetpack mechanics integrated into space walks there and at the Dilithium mines. Ie. something like a jetpack mechanic with a max altitude of a little over jump height and limited duration.