test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Server's Dead?

Comments

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    load of server not responding timers and disconnects now totally gone.

Feed that darn hamster...........

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    hyefather wrote: »
    Why do we play this game?

I would say something snarky and potentially strike-worthy towards this, but instead, I'll post this:

marshmellow-kitten-big.jpg

• lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    @Littlesarbonn: So you're Sela? But instead of shooting the Iconians you shot Cryptic's Staff.. lol
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Unbelievable...got an STF leaver penalty...because the server froze!!!!
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Don't think i have ever seen the SNR and disconnects etc this bad before.​​

Two weekends ago was the worst ever. This is nothing in comparison but it's still unacceptable.

Why the hell do they stick with Cogent?
  • polistheopolistheo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Server down... my only free day.. ohh well...
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    I can guarantee this is a Cogent issue, not Cryptic. Cogent always has problems.

a cogent issue is a cryptic issue. when you are a buisness, it is your job to provide the best product you can. if a company you hire is not getting it done, (especially in cogents case) you sever your ties to them, and you go with a company that can get it done.. its like if i subcontract someone to do work for me, and they do a TRIBBLE poor job, the customer doesnt care that it was the subcontractor.. i am ultimatly responsible for the end product, and quality of work...

cryptic inability to deal with the cogent issue shows that they either just dont care, or dont want to spend the money like other gameing companies do... i currently play 4 other mmos, and i have never once had issues like this, nor have i ever heard them pile on the cogent excuse.. if other companies can get it done, cryptic can too...

and before someone starts spouting about contracts, well, i would say its worth it to buy your way out of the contract at this point... how many players do they hemorage due to poor connection to the game server due to cogent.. but i would say that in the contract it states that cogent would have to have so much "up" time" to "down time".. and while i dont work for cryptic or cogent, i will say that there has been enough downtime on cogents part to possibly bring the contract into jeapordy...

cryptic should have dropped cogent years ago, but due to the awesome buisness decisions cryptic and pwe make on a day to day basis, im not suprised that they still use cogent.. lol...

dont take me as being a jaded player, i still play, as i get my star trek fix... but if this game wasnt a star trek game, i would have sailed a long time ago... i want cryptic to get their sh*t together and make this game what it can be. i love star trek, and i think there is a good foundation here. but there is literally not a week that goes by that there isnt some sort of issue with the game.
  • chrysanthenoirchrysanthenoir Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    SNR and Disconnects and now I cannot get into the game at all....it would be helpful if the triple promotion could be extended with a day or two as these problems mean we are missing out
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    bioixi wrote: »
    I hope they increase the length of the triple bonus weekend a couple of hours.

or even better run it again next weekend.... any chance?

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    hyefather wrote: »
    Why do we play this game?
    Because I need my trek fix, and this is the only real option available.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
    It seems we are expirencing DoS attacks... we are famous!! lol
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I can guarantee this is a Cogent issue, not Cryptic. Cogent always has problems.

I'll have to agree with this assessment. Cogent has been the cause of many problems. This is more plausible than just blaming Cryptic for being Cryptic for the sake of blaming them for everything.

While I haven't been on much since friday other than refining Dilithium stockpile (thanks to getting back into XCOM), I'd rather find a logical cause than just jump on a bandwagon. It is either Cogent causing connection problems again or a DoS attack. While both are theories, they are more logical than "Cryptic sucks, so its automatically their fault for no reason".

No MMO is ever going to be perfect. Even WoW has its problems from time to time. They just happen to have a larger crew working on it. With these connection problems coming up during a weekend... help may be slow in coming as... well... weekend. Even Cryptic people need time to spend with their families.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Message on Log in...We are experiencing attacks on our servers that are preventing players from loggin in. Our teams are working on stabilizing servers.

Iconians!!!
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    Lag issues as well - Norway
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    My friend in US - Texas has the same problem.
  • braxxjuventabraxxjuventa Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Server not responding... Forced me offline... :(
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    polistheo wrote: »
    It seems we are expirencing DoS attacks... we are famous!! lol

Where's this being reported?

Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 2m

2 minutes ago

We're experiencing attacks on our servers that are preventing players from logging in. Our teams are working on stabilizing servers.

2 retweets 1 favorite
    Reply Retweet 2 Favorite 1

Please be patient while the team works to resolve this.

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
    They are getting DDOS, from the launcher.. That's what they are saying anyway.. >.<
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    vulcanmonk wrote: »
    Message on Log in...We are experiencing attacks on our servers that are preventing players from loggin in. Our teams are working on stabilizing servers.

Iconians!!!

So it is a DoS. That settles that argument.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited September 2015
    Eh, I remember WoW got DoS, at the start of its Expansion Launch.. that's kinda funny... lol

Annoying though.
    T'Ket is attaking the servers!!
    T'Ket again? Oh no...
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    Don't think i have ever seen the SNR and disconnects etc this bad before.

Two weekends ago was the worst ever. This is nothing in comparison but it's still unacceptable.

Why the hell do they stick with Cogent?

Where i live in the Netherlands STO was a bit lagging two weeks ago, but no SNR or disconnects on my end.
    Right now i wanted to do some foundry on my Fed-Rom and cannot even be sure if my character was moving forward, backward or sideways. Or should i say when there was not an ongoing SNR or server disconnect on ESD.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited September 2015
    They have this now when you login..:
    We're experiencing attacks on our servers that are preventing players from logging in. Our teams are working on stabilizing servers.
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    They pissed someone for this to happen. I'm just glade I don't pay or buy anything from this game any more. I love Star Trek and thats the only thing that keeps logging in from time to time.
    Just popped over to the Neverwinter forums. Apparently its not just STO getting hit. Neverwinter is also having problems so this may be a Cryptic wide or even PWE wide attack.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    vulcanmonk wrote: »

Iconians!!!

So it is a DoS. That settles that argument.

Apparently so...

vqetlWT.png
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    Its probably PWE, that probably pissed someone off... lol

Even though DoS, doesn't really help anyone and only hurts everyone in the long run...
This discussion has been closed.