test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    war is all...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I'll see your Space Marine, and raise you Clan Elemental.
    Elemental-Front.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    I'll go with the powered armor built by somebody who actually comprehends the science behind how the armor works, instead of relying on incense and bells to appease a nonexistent machine spirit.
    latest?cb=20120420210346
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    starswordc wrote: »
    I'll go with the powered armor built by somebody who actually comprehends the science behind how the armor works, instead of relying on incense and bells to appease a nonexistent machine spirit.
    latest?cb=20120420210346

So would I starsword. While Space Marine armor is tough, the mystique behind the maintenance probably drags out repairs. I went with Clan Elemental armor because like Space Marines, Clan Elementals are bigger than average humans. Unlike Space Marines, Elementals are actually genetically engineered from the get go. No ceremonies or recruiting. And their armor is capable of ripping battlemechs, multiton walking war machines, to pieces if given the chance.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Elemental-Front.jpg

bolt pistol chainsaw... and Fangs...:)

is that elemental kit..

eldar armour..?
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    latest?cb=20120420210346

So would I starsword. While Space Marine armor is tough, the mystique behind the maintenance probably drags out repairs. I went with Clan Elemental armor because like Space Marines, Clan Elementals are bigger than average humans. Unlike Space Marines, Elementals are actually genetically engineered from the get go. No ceremonies or recruiting. And their armor is capable of ripping battlemechs, multiton walking war machines, to pieces if given the chance.

And a SPARTAN-II is a trained-from-childhood soldier with endocrine modifications and carbon fiber-reinforced bones, encased in a seven-foot-tall half-ton walking tank with a built-in deflector shield, powered by a miniature fusion reactor, that can jump twice its own height, flip an overturned main battle tank one-handed,* and survive an orbital drop sans parachute.

On a completely unrelated note, that a RWBY quote in your sig, rattler?

* I think somebody calculated based on displayed torque that John-117 could actually do more damage by throwing bullets than by shooting them.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Warhammer space marines are genetically enhanced super-soldiers... and well... magic is real in their universe. Sort of... it's more like psi powers wielded by super-beings that make the Sha-ka-ree 'god' look like a weakling.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    make the Sha-ka-ree 'god' look like a weakling.

He is. His lightning powers only threw Kirk backwards and he was killed by a BoP.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    He is. His lightning powers only threw Kirk backwards and he was killed by a BoP.

it was dispersed; that is nowhere near the same thing as being killed

even novitiate sci-fi aficionados should know that energy beings are notoriously hard if not impossible to permanently kill​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited September 2015
    Elemental-Front.jpg

bolt pistol chainsaw... and Fangs...:)

is that elemental kit..

eldar armour..?

No. Its not Eldar. Its from the Battletech universe, and is the standard infantry of the Clans. Outfitted with that claw, an Extended Range Small Laser, Machine Gun, and SRM(Short Range Missile launcher) 2. Also equipped with jump jets for added mobility. A full Star of Elementals = 25 Elementals. Then we go into Binaries (2 Stars) and Trinaries (3 Stars), and all the way up to Galaxies.

Clan unit structure is different from Inner Sphere and other traditional forces that use Battalions.
    starswordc wrote:
    And a SPARTAN-II is a trained-from-childhood soldier with endocrine modifications and carbon fiber-reinforced bones, encased in a seven-foot-tall half-ton walking tank with a built-in deflector shield, powered by a miniature fusion reactor, that can jump twice its own height, flip an overturned main battle tank one-handed,* and survive an orbital drop sans parachute.

On a completely unrelated note, that a RWBY quote in your sig, rattler?

* I think somebody calculated based on displayed torque that John-117 could actually do more damage by throwing bullets than by shooting them.

I'm also familiar with Spartans. Halo's pretty good.

And yes it is. Yang said that in one of the episodes. Can't remember which one though.
    He is. His lightning powers only threw Kirk backwards and he was killed by a BoP.

it was dispersed; that is nowhere near the same thing as being killed

even novitiate sci-fi aficionados should know that energy beings are notoriously hard if not impossible to permanently kill

Was it said it was just dispersed? I do not feel like subjecting myself to that film to check.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Was it said it was just dispersed? I do not feel like subjecting myself to that film to check.

it's an energy being; energy can't be destroyed, only contained or transformed​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Was it said it was just dispersed? I do not feel like subjecting myself to that film to check.

it's an energy being; energy can't be destroyed, only contained or transformed

It's science fiction, if they want to kill an energy being they can. Bearing in mind that it's simply a glowing head, it doesn't necessarily have to be an energy being anyway.​​

#TASforSTO

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well.... saying energy can't be destroyed is like saying mass can't be destroyed.... It's technically true. BUT, rearranging it may make it stop living.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Because radiation shielding and heat shielding from a blob of plasma is easy to do....

You can never go wrong with 4 twin 356mm cannons, 4 triple 25mm aa-guns and 22 dive bombers.
    latest?cb=20131126084455

Not sci-fi, but OP never said it had to be scifi.
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful