test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cancelling the Elite Compensation projects doesn't clear the 20 hour cooldown

captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
Hi all

As above - I just cancelled one of the Elite Compensation projects, and it didn't clear the 20 hour cooldown on the project. I'd have thought it should have done.

-K

Comments

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    You mean the reputation projects where you trade marks for elite marks (borg neural processors/ancient power cells/etc.)?

It sounds like what you're saying is if you slot the project then cancel it before it's filled you still have to wait 20 hours before you can slot it again. In my opinion the cooldown should go by collecting the reward after you fill the project, not when you slot it.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Yep, that's exactly what happens. Of course you could argue that I shouldn't have slotted it, only to cancel it - but mistakes happen.
  • xochildxochild Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Having a 20 hour cooldown on a project in the first place makes no sense, it makes the project completely worthless in the first place because it's one of the most inefficient processes in the game, secondly, as posted in arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1203283/reputation-canceling-mark-to-elite-mark-conversion-project-makes-it-never-available-again this doesn't just apply to one character or one reputation, it looks to be account wide. Which makes this more than just a little bug, rendering the "shouldn't have slotted it, only to cancel it" argument moot.

- Thanks to bfelczer for doing some thorough testing on the bug.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    The project becomes available again after the 20 hours cooldown.