test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So was the war cut short? What happened to the Dominion lead in from Delta Rep?

Seems like this war got aborted cause it stank and the users fled... what was all that build up with the Delta Rep Data Info about Sela going to the Gamma Quad to get the help of the Founders? is this gonna be like a repeat of that whole Year of Hell on Voyager... total waste of broadcast time since it all resets.

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Nah... I don't really think they changed their plans. I think they just plotted it this way.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    Umm, the story isn't over yet you realise...
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yep, it's over. It should have meant not only 3 STFs, but a battlezone and Herald red alerts too. This war doesn't need an Annorax ship to turn the war into something that never happened. This war ended before it even ever really began in the first place as it is.
  • macwilliam1975macwilliam1975 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Most of it was covered in blogs, titled: "Tales of the War"!
    screenshot_2014-11-17-20-57-54a1a1a.jpg
  • lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    kyrrok wrote: »
    Yep, it's over. It should have meant not only 3 STFs, but a battlezone and Herald red alerts too. This war doesn't need an Annorax ship to turn the war into something that never happened. This war ended before it even ever really began in the first place as it is.
    I wouldn't say it's over (there will be one more piece of war-related content, after all), just that it has become clear it won't properly start.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Seems like this war got aborted cause it stank and the users fled... what was all that build up with the Delta Rep Data Info about Sela going to the Gamma Quad to get the help of the Founders?.

T5 rep log more or less spells it out: they ain't going to help. The Delta Recruit dialog options with the dominion also said this was exactly the response we should have been expecting (it was something along the lines of "when they come, don't ask us for help.")

Basically the whole "getting the founders on our side" sela side story was just that, a side story. It cropped up early on in the season to explain why a certain part of the ST universe wasn't going to factor into this season (without having to dedicate a mission or parts of a mission, allowing them to do other things.)
    kyrrok wrote: »

Well, I think from the latest blog entry the war is going to have a definite, conventionally won, ending (it did for the mirror universe, they won and they know they've won. They didn't just hit the delete key on the Iconians.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    This season was really disappointing, it could have been the biggest and best season, it was supposed to be the culmination of 5 years of storytelling, an all out galaxy-wide war with all species fighting the Iconians, yet here we are, facing poor storytelling about how the klingon-rom-fed alliance single-handily fights the Iconians and manages to shove a deus ex machina mcguffin up the iconian's chroniton infused rear end.

I know they said the Dominion decided to wait and face the victor, and the Iconians don't want to fight the Dominion either, but it doesn't make sense that other than the krenim we ain't getting any help from any allied species.

The Undine promised to help, the delta alliance promised to help, so did the Xindi and the Cardassians so where are they? so far I failed to see any single ship.

The Voth, they have an armada so large they can fight the the klingon-rom-fed alliance, the undine and the borg at the same time, so where are they?

The Vaadwaur, the Kobali, the cooperative and the rest of the delta alliance, where are they? I'm pretty sure they want revenge after what the Iconians did to their quadrant.

The Collective, incredibly advanced Iconian tech at their reach, yet somehow they are not swarming the Iconian fleet like africanized bees, they've also shown the capability to reach a truce while facing a great menace, I'm pretty sure their transwarp network will come in handy to counter the Iconian gate advantage, and their drones will do as shock-troopers.

The Breen, fierce warriors, I'm pretty sure they would jump at the first chance to face a galaxy wide menace.

The Tholians are highly xenophobic, are you telling me that they refuse to fight the Iconians? even if they don't help the alliance, why aren't they engaging the Iconians at all? the Iconians attacked them, while invading New Romulus they killed Romulans and Tholians alike, right now they should be mounting a high scale revenge offensive.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    Why on earth would the Founders ally with the Romulans? They see all solids as subhumans, to be conquered and enslaved. Especially the violent ones, like Romulans. Remember in the DS9 episode "The Die is Cast" when a combined Tal Shiar and Obsidian Order fleet tried to wipe them out by bombarding their planet? They were misinformed and targeted the wrong planet, but the Founders would remember that. I imagine not many species have the balls to attempt genocide like that.

If Sela meets the Dominion, it should be in a cutscene with a visual on-screen T minus 10 seconds and counting to being impaled by a Jem'Hadar.

I haven't finished the story yet - my main is level 56. But that just seemed a little ridiculous to me.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Why on earth would the Founders ally with the Romulans? They see all solids as subhumans, to be conquered and enslaved. Especially the violent ones, like Romulans. Remember in the DS9 episode "The Die is Cast" when a combined Tal Shiar and Obsidian Order fleet tried to wipe them out by bombarding their planet? They were misinformed and targeted the wrong planet, but the Founders would remember that. I imagine not many species have the balls to attempt genocide like that.

If Sela meets the Dominion, it should be in a cutscene with a visual on-screen T minus 10 seconds and counting to being impaled by a Jem'Hadar.

I haven't finished the story yet - my main is level 56. But that just seemed a little ridiculous to me.

One word: Odo. That's why the Founders might ally with the Alpha Quadrant.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'm astounded that anyone would take Sela at her word. As far as I'm concerned, every broadcast she sent through the Iconian Reputation was more lie than truth, as has been typical of Empress Condescending Incompetence.

But no Jem'Hadar should deprive me of my long-awaited execution of Sela. In fact, the only NPC I would defer to in this is D'Tan. He can kill Sela. Any other NPC kills her? I would be livid. Okay, maybe tr'Obisek could manage to do it without arousing my wrath.
    -stuff-

The command bioship promised help, not an straight "I'm gonna send a huge fleet to assist you right now" but it said "The many will be strong, the strong will survive", that sounds like an alliance.

The Iconians did attack the Undine and are capable of entering fluidic space, they consider that an act of aggression, so why ain't we getting the Undine's help?

The voth and the borg got their asses kicked, but that doesn't mean we wiped their fleets, the Voth still have a massive fleet and control a huge part of the Dyson sphere, and the borg still control at least one unicomplex and the transwarp network, and, even if your fleets are barely non-existent, the Iconians plan to wipe everyone from the galaxy, I'm pretty sure I would use whatever resources I have and try to stop them rather than doing nothing.

Breen space is not far away from Cardassian and the Cardassians promised help, they even sent a legate to the Iconian threat meeting, and we've sen the Breen reach Earth undetected, so we know they can reach the beta quadrant easily.

The Tholians are near the Romulan republic and Klingon space, the fact that they keep fleets near new Romulus and a ground contingent of troops on new Romulus is proof enough, they are in the middle of the fray.

We didn't send our whole fleet to the delta quadrant, but we did send an expeditionary force, I'm guessing the delta alliance can do the same, specially since we can resupply their ships and we have a direct link between the 2 quadrants, in fact it's better for them to send a fleet to protect new Romulus, if new Romulus falls so does the Iconian gate leading straight to the delta quadrant.

But none of that matters, we are not getting help from those species because of lazy storytelling, it makes no sense that we are fighting a galaxy wide threat and only 3 powers from the beta quadrant are fighting the invaders.

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    protogoth wrote: »
    I'm astounded that anyone would take Sela at her word. As far as I'm concerned, every broadcast she sent through the Iconian Reputation was more lie than truth, as has been typical of Empress Condescending Incompetence.

But no Jem'Hadar should deprive me of my long-awaited execution of Sela. In fact, the only NPC I would defer to in this is D'Tan. He can kill Sela. Any other NPC kills her? I would be livid. Okay, maybe tr'Obisek could manage to do it without arousing my wrath.

I don't care who does it or how many times, Im shooting the corpse a few more times to make sure it sticks...

this season was the worst flop of writing and ideas.... 5yrs of build up and weaving threads and the Cryptic shat on its own baby and left it to suffocate and die
  • lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    If the Breen and Tholians (as is likely) are fighting, it is liable to be separate from the Alliance - meaning that while they could send a fleet over towards Iconia, they have no real reason to do so when they can leave that to the Alliance and focus on fighting Iconian forces directly threatening them. That'd mean there'd be little reason for them to come up in most of the missions we've had.
    With the Deltas, we do know that there are Iconian-aligned forces active in the Delta Quadrant (the Iconians still regard at least some Vaadwaur as aligned as of House Pegh, as borne out by the actions of the Vaadwaur in Time in a Bottle, and of course the latter mission also shows Heralds in the Delta Quadrant), so I'm going to guess that while the Delta allies could send an expeditionary force, they're focusing on fighting the Iconians on home-ground, too (that might well have been part of the idea behind the 'remove the modern Vaadwaur resurgence' concept one of the Butterfly teams had worked on - make the Delta Quadrant less Iconian-affected so that timeline's Delta Alliance can feel freer to send forces over to the Beta Quadrant, alternatively force the Iconians to put more of their forces in the Delta Quadrant to stop them from happening).

With the current Cardassian canon for STO, the CDF is indicated to be a rather small, weak force by the standards of larger interstellar governments. The lack of a follow-up on that one Cardassian in Blood of the Ancients is annoying, and I'd have expected at least some Cardassian input on planning, but the lack of Cardassian forces in the missions we've had does make sense in that context - they might be part of the Alliance, but they have even less forces available to move from system defence to place at the Alliance's disposal for whatever operations Kagran comes up with this week than the Romulans.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Well i am wondering if this will be the true end of the war, or if the Iconians will fall back into subspace or to iconia behind their sphere's walls to bide their time. While we than deal with the newly temperal weapon equiped Mirror universe after they finished off thier versions fo the Iconians. I woudl also wonder what efect the changes caused by the events of Butterfly has on whether other races will enter the fight, and their power relative to before it could we see some of them having more ships than prior. Also the mission was more about delaying than defeating the Iconian war, making it that the Alliance has more time to ready themselves, and gain more ships or even more tech (maybe we might actually see a Iconia battleground of us landing an searching the world for active iconian tech to improve our own.). In this way the war could conclude at the end of the next season with us fighting the Iconians naritively on a more even base.

Also what if the Undine are fighting the Iconians or thier survitors, but only in fluidic space as the Iconians know if the undine were to join the Aliance in normal space the chances of thier defeat would be much higher as the Undine do seem alot more advanced than most an closer to the Iconain's level. THough i also wonder if the Undine are adapting an evolving their ships and selves to be more effective against the Iconains an thier servitors. I still want the Undine Vila cruiser though, so i hope we see a undine story arc along those lines an also a undine lockbox.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Any RR character (NPC) has a claim to kill her, but D'Tan is the least likely to. He's a Vulcan by all but birth. Obisek, Jarak. the PC, any of them would be a better choice.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    bioixi wrote: »
    snip
    -No, it sounds like "as long as you guys, aka the alliance, stick together you can beat the Iconians" Nothing in there indicates The Undine would help us.
    -No, the Voth DO NOT control a large part of the sphere. Again, PAY ATTENTION TO THE DAMN GAME. The place the Voth controlled become the Undine space battlezone after the Undine kicked them out. Their fleets got destroyed by The Undine.
    -The Borg Unicomplex got destroyed by the Voth capital ship, and the Undine planet killers, combined attack as seen in Borg disconnected. Again, play the game.
    -The Breen reached earth DECADES ago. Defenses would have improved since then. Coming into federation space would constitute an act of war by the Breen.
    -No, the Tholians come into Romulan space via the Azura Nebula, which contains first in space-time that the Tholians use to transport from their home territory of Tholia. Again, this is mentioned in-game. Please, play, the, game.
    -The Delta alliance a handful of ship isn't going to help us in any significant way, and those ships would be better off defending the Delta quad in case of Iconian attack.

No, we ARE getting help from other races, we just don't see it because we logically shouldn't, and all of your complaints were already explained in the game, but you simply are too thick skulled to understand basic English dialog that is spoon-fed to you over the course of the game. I am honestly surprised someone can be confused, and get this much wrong, over basic storytelling.

You have no idea what you are talking about, period.

Y'see, here's the thing with what you're saying. I'm not saying that you're wrong. You're not. People like whom you're talking to want to SEE IT. They want 500 missions describing how Race X is or isn't getting involved or how Planet Y is being invaded. They want STFs portraying these fights. They don't want simple battles here and there, they want this season to rival the Dominion War in scale and they want to see it IN THEIR FACE!

But, if there's anyone to blame, it's Stephen D'Angelo. Season 9, Delta Rising and Season 10 were his adventures. His mindless grinds with very little story reasoning behind it. I'm starting to think that the only reason we HAVE the Tales of the War saga is because there weren't any backstory at first. I honestly think that D'Angelo wanted to toss Season 10 at us and go "Here, have fun!"
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »
    Well i am wondering if this will be the true end of the war, or if the Iconians will fall back into subspace or to iconia behind their sphere's walls to bide their time. While we than deal with the newly temperal weapon equiped Mirror universe after they finished off thier versions fo the Iconians. I woudl also wonder what efect the changes caused by the events of Butterfly has on whether other races will enter the fight, and their power relative to before it could we see some of them having more ships than prior. Also the mission was more about delaying than defeating the Iconian war, making it that the Alliance has more time to ready themselves, and gain more ships or even more tech (maybe we might actually see a Iconia battleground of us landing an searching the world for active iconian tech to improve our own.). In this way the war could conclude at the end of the next season with us fighting the Iconians naritively on a more even base.

Also what if the Undine are fighting the Iconians or thier survitors, but only in fluidic space as the Iconians know if the undine were to join the Aliance in normal space the chances of thier defeat would be much higher as the Undine do seem alot more advanced than most an closer to the Iconain's level. THough i also wonder if the Undine are adapting an evolving their ships and selves to be more effective against the Iconains an thier servitors. I still want the Undine Vila cruiser though, so i hope we see a undine story arc along those lines an also a undine lockbox.

I wouldn't mind them putting the war back on the shelf for a time. I would be more than eager to give them a pass on this past season if this really is not the last we see of the Iconian and Herald war machine. I would of course like to implore them to do a much and I do mean MUCH BETTER job of writing the Iconian war, Act II.
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

Any RR character (NPC) has a claim to kill her, but D'Tan is the least likely to. He's a Vulcan by all but birth. Obisek, Jarak. the PC, any of them would be a better choice.​​

Yeah, no. You see, while D'Tan wouldn't be likely to go on a search and destroy mission, or otherwise seek Sela out with the goal of ending her, he is not "Vulcan by all but birth," as so many of the pro-RSE/Tal'Shiar crowd have attempted to portray him. He is Romulan. New Romulan, perhaps, but still Romulan. Here are two bits of lore with which you need to come to terms, both from soft canon materials (which Cryptic used as inspiration sources when coming up with "Path to 2409" and the in-game lore connected with the RRF), and one of them supported by hard canon:
    1. Followers of the teachings of Surak (the philosophy which Surak actually taught, mind you, and not the pseudo-religion into which the Vulcan establishment had diluted Surak's teachings and was trying to impose on the population in order to enforce conformity) were among those who went on na Hwael (the Journey). This is supported by TNG episodes "Unification, Part I" and "Unification, Part II." The fact that D'Tan is a Surakian is irrelevant to his "Romulanness."
    2. S'task was one of the leaders of the Exiles in the Journey. S'task had previously been one of Surak's disciples. The reason he stopped following Surak's teachings is one of the key things that made Romulans into Romulans. It came about when S'task got a large dose of reality which convinced him that absolute pacifism was tantamount to suicide and/or willing slavery. Romulans need not be bellicose warmongers always spoiling for a fight (the Trek universe already has Klingons whom they can turn into that type of caricature, anyway), but recognition that absolute pacifism is foolhardy is one of the defining characteristics of "Romulanness" ab origine. Had S'task been able to convince Surak of this after his experiences, he likely would have remained a disciple of the latter. As it happened, he did not, and so he did not, instead reverting back to Ajoisam (Elementalism) and became an Agnostic.

If Sela attempted to kill D'Tan (which I don't believe anyone would put past her, if she were presented with the opportunity), I have every confidence that D'Tan would defend himself even to the point of taking her life. Because, Surakian or no, he is Romulan. And if he did this (and were a bit older), I would marry him. *nod*
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    snip
    -No, it sounds like "as long as you guys, aka the alliance, stick together you can beat the Iconians" Nothing in there indicates The Undine would help us.
    -No, the Voth DO NOT control a large part of the sphere. Again, PAY ATTENTION TO THE DAMN GAME. The place the Voth controlled become the Undine space battlezone after the Undine kicked them out. Their fleets got destroyed by The Undine.
    -The Borg Unicomplex got destroyed by the Voth capital ship, and the Undine planet killers, combined attack as seen in Borg disconnected. Again, play the game.
    -The Breen reached earth DECADES ago. Defenses would have improved since then. Coming into federation space would constitute an act of war by the Breen.
    -No, the Tholians come into Romulan space via the Azura Nebula, which contains first in space-time that the Tholians use to transport from their home territory of Tholia. Again, this is mentioned in-game. Please, play, the, game.
    -The Delta alliance a handful of ship isn't going to help us in any significant way, and those ships would be better off defending the Delta quad in case of Iconian attack.

No, we ARE getting help from other races, we just don't see it because we logically shouldn't, and all of your complaints were already explained in the game, but you simply are too thick skulled to understand basic English dialog that is spoon-fed to you over the course of the game. I am honestly surprised someone can be confused, and get this much wrong, over basic storytelling.

Y'see, here's the thing with what you're saying. I'm not saying that you're wrong. You're not. People like whom you're talking to want to SEE IT. They want 500 missions describing how Race X is or isn't getting involved or how Planet Y is being invaded. They want STFs portraying these fights. They don't want simple battles here and there, they want this season to rival the Dominion War in scale and they want to see it IN THEIR FACE!

But, if there's anyone to blame, it's Stephen D'Angelo. Season 9, Delta Rising and Season 10 were his adventures. His mindless grinds with very little story reasoning behind it. I'm starting to think that the only reason we HAVE the Tales of the War saga is because there weren't any backstory at first. I honestly think that D'Angelo wanted to toss Season 10 at us and go "Here, have fun!"
    500 missions? And who do you think is going to write all of those? that takes a lot of time and effort. If you don't believe me... go to the Foundry and write one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User

Except we DID see it. We saw ALL of what I am saying throughout all the content from the Borg arc onward. We already GOT those missions and STFs before and during Delta Rising. All of this WAS explained, in-game, in missions and STFs the player got to do.

All the reps from Omega force until now, all the Borg STFs, and other PVE queues, all the story missions in Delta Rising, all of them showed you and explained to you this stuff.

This is what I simply don't get, its like you act everything in the game prior to the Iconian war arc doesn't exist or something, and then complain there is no backstory, when there's like 100 missions + pve queues of backstory

But, this is the thing: even if there are backstory things all the way back to "Minefield" PVE mission, these people don't want this. They don't want a "Blog War", they want the ICONIAN WAR with blood and guts and planets exploding and empty ships littering the galaxy as you fly by in warp. They want to warp to other worlds to ask for help or to save them from the Heralds. They want the Iconians to be the Founders and the Heralds to be the Jem'Hadar. They want this to be the Dominion War Mk. II and they're angry because it isn't.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    The Krenim should of had their own Pre-Iconian War arc.

Maybe the Krenim, Zahl and Nihydron built up a fleet in secret... then poof... the Vaadwaur went bye bye... Krenim as a bad guy... then over the course of several episodes about the Krenim firing the Lazor of anti time / death / puppies ...

Somehow one of the Servitor races figure it out and destroy the Krenim Timeship and BOOM... Then we move onto the Iconian War.

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    the problem was many players bought into the hype and expected season 10 to be more then it was.
    a few extra missions, a couple of queued missions and an extra reputation was about all I was expecting and that's just about all we got.

of course a lot of players also expected raids at earth space dock and qo'nos and that's never going to happen, just think of the fuss some players make if there are disco balls activated then imagine how much more they would complain if the social areas were spoilt by an iconian invasion.

perhaps with the next season players will reign in their expectations and not be so disappointed.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I do like the idea of visiting planets to ask for help or to defend from attacks. Some opportunities for some good Trek there. But it seems we are coming to the final battle shortly.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

snip

-Check the conversation again, specially the context

CS: The weak will perish
    T: The iconians will kill you ... to the Iconians you are weak
    CS: we must survive
    T: when we fight one another we are weak, together we are strong
    CS: we must see to our needs
    T: the needs of the many ...
    CS: the many will be strong, the strong will survive

Sound like they are acknowledging they need to ally with us to survive.

-The Voth still control a large area of the Sphere, where does the game say the undine kicked the Voth's asses? The undine attacked the Voth space zone, then we kicked the Undine's asses before they could destroy the Voth, then the Voth came with a massive fleet, then the fleet retreated.
    The Voth still have a fleet in Voth space, they sent and expeditionary force to the sphere (like we did) to move the sphere to Voth space and so they could use the sphere's omega molecule generator to isolate Voth space from the rest of the galaxy.

But lets suppose that, unlike us, they sent most of their fleet and lost most of their fleet, that still doesn't answers the question of why they aren't fighting the Iconians, again the Iconians are a bigger threat than us and the undine combined, for the shake of the argument lets say they've lost 95% of their fleet, it makes more sense to attack the Iconians with that remaining 5% than waiting and hoping the Iconian won't purge them.

-The Voth and the Undine fought the borg at the unicomplex, but the destruction of the unicomplex only happens if you fail the objectives, if you complete the queue and complet all objectives, you defeat the Undine and the Voth, the complex remains intact and a lot of drones are integrated into the Cooperative, still, borg space is massive, even if they lose one unicomplex that doesn't mean they'll lose all their fleet and it doesn't mean they won't fight the Iconians, the borg want Iconian tech and following borg logic they'll send as many ships and drones as they need to get that tech.

-The Breen are close enough to the fray, and they can bypass federation space, but even if they don't I highly doubt the federation will declare war on some guys that are attacking the Iconians and ignoring the federation just because they crossed through federation space.

-Tholian space borders Cardassian and federation space, but I said the Tholains, not their space, they can transport ships from their space to Romulan space via subspace corridors, the Iconians attacked their forces, the Tholians are highly xenophobic, that sounds like reason enough to me for a counter attack, plus I don't think the Tholians would like the Iconians seizing control of the Azure nebula subspace corridors.

-Handful of ships? nonsense, we destroyed the fleet defending Gaul and killed Gaul but we didn't destroy the entire Waadvaur armada and I'm pretty sure they are pissed off and want revenge, the Hazari and the Benthans are a force to be reckoned with and the Borg Cooperative should be strong enough after borg disconnected to constitute a major power, and, as I said, it's on their best interest to send ships to defend the Romulan gate, right now the Iconians cannot attack the delta quadrant without moving the Herald sphere or controlling the Romulan gate.

Also, why so rude? we have different interpretations, but you are just acting as if you are holding the supreme truth and I'm an idiot, I don't like that attitude, if you plan on responding with that attitude again please don't bother responding at all.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited September 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    stuff
    just wanted to comment that your sig pic is kinda cool, but I expect them to pop off singing j-pop songs with a vocaloid...
  • koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I know they said the Dominion decided to wait and face the victor, and the Iconians don't want to fight the Dominion either, but it doesn't make sense that other than the krenim we ain't getting any help from any allied species.
    This has been covered already.
    -The Undine never promised to help, period. You sent them a message saying it was really the Iconians, and after taking out Undine Cooper, they agreed to back off, but they never promised to help, and they have no reason too given that The Iconians have shown no interest in Fluidic space.[/qoute]

Um what? The Undine were waging war on us for what they viewed as us invading their realm and attacking them. If its revealed to them that it wasnt us but instead the Iconians..Why would they treat the Iconians any differently than the way they did us? They have every reason to go after the Iconians.
    -The Voth got their asses handed to them by The Borg, The Alliance, The Undine, and The Vaadwaur, so much so that they didn't even bother to help out the Turei against the Vaadwuar like they promised too. The Voth have nothing anymore, and can barely defend themselves, let alone send out fleets in a long distance war.

Maybe Im remembering the Delta Arc differently. But the Voth from what I recall had very little to do with it...As they were tied up with the Undine and Borg. I dont recall them getting their butts handed to them by the Vaadwaur. It was even indicated that if the Voth actually cared to get involved the Vaadwaur wouldnt be the issue that they were and the Alpha Alliance wouldnt have any cards to play with the Delta Species.
    -The Borg got their asses handed to them by The Alliance, The Undine, The Voth, and The Vaadwaur, so much so that the Borg queen actually tires, and fails, to re-assimilate Cooperative ships in order to restore The Collective, because its been THAT decimated by various forces. The Borg have basically nothing left either.

Seriously what are you smoking and where can I get some? The Alliance most definitely didnt defeat the Borg out right. And the Borg would probably be more active if they werent tied up in a three way war. But the Vaadwaur again...arent actually beating the Borg either. Again, the Borg would rolololstomp the Vaadwaur. The Vaadwaur might have tech that could rival the Alliances tech and dominate the other species in the region. But they arent the Iconians and they arent equal to the Voth or the Borg.
    -The fleets of the Delta Alliance are in the Delta Quad. Why? Because the resources and management needed for the Delta Quad races to fight a war in the Alpha Quad are beyond any race's capabilities. The same is true of the Alpha Quadrant races. THE WHOLE POINT behind forming the Delta alliance was that the Klingons, Romulans, and Federation couldn't just send all of their ships to the Delta Quadrant to fight the Vaadwaur themselves, because it would be a logistics nightmare. This was a MAJOR plot point of Delta Rising. The fleets of the Delta Quad also need to stay in the Delta Quad in case The Iconians start attacking there also.

This seems to be the only thing you have said that makes any sense. But that doesnt mean that Cryptic couldnt have dropped in some dialogue indicating that the war with the Iconians had spilled over into the Delta Quadrant.
    -The Breen and Tholians ARE likely attacking the Iconians. However, Breen and Tholian space is on the far space of the explored Alpha quad, as far away from the Beta Quad, where Earth, New Romulus, and Qo'nos are, as one can get. We shouldn't be seeing them at all.

The Breen arent that far from space that we can actually access. Neither are the Tholians. The Tholians have been active deep within the region that is currently the most active with the Iconians. Even if they didnt want to bother showing us these engagements between these races. Dialogue referencing Tholian fleets engaging Iconians or stories of Breen Fleets making contact with the Iconians could easily cover this. It would flesh out the Iconian Arc, adding to the overall sense of all out war between the Iconians and Alpha/Beta Quadrant races and reinforce the sense of peril. The impression that the Iconians are everywhere and making easy work of us and anyone else.

[qoute]All of the thing you asked were already explained in the game. I suggest you actually pay attention to the plotlines next time, you wouldn't be so confused if you had.

No no they werent. In fact this whole Iconian Story Arc has had the most plotholes Ive seen in a storyline in a long time. Its literally made everything we've worked for over the last 5 years seem useless. And a good bit of your information is faulty and was never covered.