test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Armada Bonus Inequities - Discussion Thread

spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 241 Media Corps
Since the announcement of the Armada system, many have raised concerns about the bonuses at each tier. In this thread I want to raise the issue, and see how it can be resolved.

Current system:

Each Tier = 35 Fleet Levels
Caps at Tier 20 = 700 Fleet Levels
Spreadsheet with each Tier's buff.

Skill Point Bonus:
• Alpha Fleet = 1% + 1% per Tier above 1
• Beta Fleet = 0.5% + 0.5% per Tier above 1
• Gamma Fleet = 0.25% + 0.25% per Tier above 1
Dilithium Discounts:
• Alpha Fleet = 0.25% + 0.25% per Tier above 1
• Beta Fleet = 0.5% + 0.5% per Tier above 1
• Gamma Fleet = 1% + 1% per Tier above 1

As we can see above, the current system requires every fleet in the armada to be nearly maxed out (~level 54 = all but two upgrades completed) in order to get the largest bonus, yet the bonuses give a nearly worthless buff to 12 out of the 13 fleets in that situation.

With that in mind, how can we solve it?

Give each fleet in the Armada the ability to choose the bonus they want. Have a system where each tier gives each fleet a point. Each point can either be assigned to Bonus XP, or Dil Discount. This allows every fleet in the Armada to benefit from being in a high tier Armada, instead of the system we currently have which works against itself.
ffluoti63bi9.png

Comments

• spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 241 Media Corps
    westmetals wrote: »
    My simpler solution - and by that I mean something that could easily be done under the hood, instead of rethinking the entire system and changing the interface - is to extend the dilithium discount to apply not only to fleet projects, but also to fleet members when shopping at fleet vendors that require dilithium.

Also, since even the provisioning projects require dilithium, the discount never becomes completely worthless, even as it is currently structured.

Extending the dil discount to all dil vendors, like the Dil Mine's Dil discount, could help a bit. However, myself and a few others would rather have the option to select what bonuses we receive.

It is true about provisioning projects, but quite a few maxed out fleets have no need to grind provisions. My fleet has thousands in some categories, and we're simply unlikely going to ever use all of those over the next few years. The option for what bonuses we receive would help us significantly, as the only thing we need right now is an XP buff.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The simplest solution would be to admit that a fleet project dil discount and an individual player skill point buff is not remotely equal and should not be treated as such. A smaller difference in skill point bonus for all the fleets would make this armada system more sustainable, something like:

Alpha: 1%
    Beta: 0.85%
    Gamma: 0.70%

A system like that would make it more valuable for betas and especially gammas to stay with a large armada rather than just make an armada consisting of themselves and 3 or 4 dummy fleets they leveled to T1 or T2. The dil discounts could be left alone as they are sorta nice for smaller low level fleets.