test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Research Lab Special Project #2 - Broadened Horizons

trwarbucktrwarbuck Member Posts: 274 Arc User
The News release about this project states this: "Beginning on July 30, the "Broadened Horizons" project will add glass floors to your Research Lab's Conference Room and Research Room, increase the height of your Research Lab's Development Room, and add machine rooms to your Research Lab's Research and Development Rooms." and this statement is repeated in the in-game notification. But I have found these issues;
1. Glass floor in Conference Room and Research Room. Glass floor in Research Room - Yes. Glass floor in Conference Room- No glass floor in the Conference Room. The recessed in-floor panel was already there, so this doesn't count.
2. Increased height of Research Lab's Development Room. No increase in height was done to this room. There was cosmetic changes done to the surrounding walls, but no height change.
3. Machine Rooms added to Research Room and Development Room. None of the side doors goes into any room.

If you are going to advertise changes to be made to an in-game zone, you need to make sure these changes are done or reword the advertisement to make sure what is obtained is what the advertisement says. I feel ripped off, for my fleet members and myself.

Comments

• trwarbucktrwarbuck Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Um...do you really think that I would have complained if the project hadn't completed already. I don't complain to just complain. I went to the Research Lab before the Special Project completed to see what it looked like prior to completion. Of course I have been there when it was on the Tribble Server and off and on when it went on the active server. So I knew what the areas looked like. When the timer finished I went to the Research lab and was looking for the changes. As I said, there is cosmetic changes in the rooms, the one lab room that is suppose to have the glass floor has it, but the conference room doesn't.
    The machine rooms are there. They are behind two orange color banks of windows. The doors that access these rooms are locked. So I am assuming that the rooms are just a cosmetic thing for the facility and will never be accessible. I have noticed that the one large room that appears to be a holodeck is secured. You was able to go into the room on the Tribble server, but in the live Research Lab this room is closed off. So this room is most likely similar to the room on the Spire that was locked until you reached a higher facility level.
    My whole thing about the project statement is that the way it states, you could access these machine rooms.
    I just feel that there is so much PWE can be doing with the existing zones that they don't need to be adding new things like this Iconian War. I mean expansion to existing zones like: Qo'nos, Earth, New Romulus, Nukara, Kobali Prime, Fleet Starbase and other fleet Facilities, other planets like Andoria and Risa. There is so much that can be done with these places. here is some examples for Fleet facilities:
    Starbase:
    A large capacity Auditorium
    A large Arboretum
    Functioning Holodeck to simulate the Winter and Summer Event zones.
    The Shuttle Bay
    Living Quarters

Embassy:
    Elevator that connects the Fleet Embassy to the Command Center that only Romulans and Remans can use.

New Romulus
    The Reman City
    The area that you went through while discovering New Romulus

Spire
    More areas in the Spire. I mean that place is so big. How about a docking area that your ship is docked at. Since it does say Dock at Spire.

There is so much that can be done. Come on guys get some insight.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    trwarbuck wrote: »
    I just feel that there is so much PWE can be doing with the existing zones that they don't need to be adding new things like this Iconian War. I mean expansion to existing zones like: Qo'nos, Earth, New Romulus, Nukara, Kobali Prime, Fleet Starbase and other fleet Facilities, other planets like Andoria and Risa. There is so much that can be done with these places. here is some examples for Fleet facilities:
    Starbase:
    A large capacity Auditorium
    A large Arboretum
    Functioning Holodeck to simulate the Winter and Summer Event zones.
    The Shuttle Bay
    Living Quarters

Embassy:
    Elevator that connects the Fleet Embassy to the Command Center that only Romulans and Remans can use.

New Romulus
    The Reman City
    The area that you went through while discovering New Romulus

Spire
    More areas in the Spire. I mean that place is so big. How about a docking area that your ship is docked at. Since it does say Dock at Spire.

There is so much that can be done. Come on guys get some insight.

some personal annoyances of mine are the inoperable holodeck, the unused second level of the dil mine (and its invisible walls) and the unused room in the spire.​​