test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Point blank shot

psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When mousing over the trait it says it increases the damage of energy weapons but it doesn't list the crystalline torpedo as affected even though it's also an energy weapon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    psych2l wrote: »
    When mousing over the trait it says it increases the damage of energy weapons but it doesn't list the crystalline torpedo as affected even though it's also an energy weapon.

First of all, the tooltip doesn't update; your damage does based on how far away your target is.

And secondly, the APSB isn't an energy weapon, it's a torpedo that does the damage type of an energy weapon.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    First of all, the tooltip doesn't update; your damage does based on how far away your target is.

And secondly, the APSB isn't an energy weapon, it's a torpedo that does the damage type of an energy weapon.

Firstly sure it does. If you mouse over it you can at the very least see which weapons it is affecting such as my antiproton dbbs and omni-array but not my neutronic torpedo which is in contrast to a trait such as Enhanced Armor Penetration which should show every weapon listed when moused over in your trait tab in space.

Secondly the AP torpedo is classified as an energy weapon, that's why +all energy buffs such as emergency power to weapons boost it's damage. Reading the description of this ability, it says that it works to boost the damage of your energy weapons, which should include the AP torp. If it didn't, it would have said "directed energy weapons" instead.

Thirdly, I really don't understand why all torps can't benefit from this trait since any deployment of energy kinetic or otherwise should see improvement at point blank range, but I digress.