test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is Your Voice Actor/Actress?

Comments

• elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For the two male toons I play, both Klingon, Mike Rowe is how I always pictured them talking. He has a great Klingon voice IMO.

For my female toons...

My Fed Alien-Gen Romulan Eng (my first character, before there was a Romulan Faction) I always heard her as Kate Bekinsale (I know I butchered her name, can't remember how to spell it).

My Fed Borg Sci I always heard as T'Pol from Enterprise.

My Reman KDF Sci I always heard as Kate Mulgrew

My KDF Tac I always heard as Gina Torres from Firefly
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For S'ttel it would be Christopher Lee

For my other male toons it would have to be and I can't believe it's been ten pages and no one has mentioned him it would be Jeffrey Combs

For my two female toons I would go with Claudia Black
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    So Jacob Rees-Mogg

Please not, pretty please :eek:.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Jacob Rees-Mogg has the most lovely british accent. He literally has a perfect English accent.

He's that posh that he is literally unintelligible.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• judah0523judah0523 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Best female voice artist ever; Laura Bailey. I could listen to her read the phonebook I swear. I recognize that voice instantly. Like the sudden switch to her for Vanzyl in the recent feature episode. I replayed the mission again just to listen to her. Yes I may just be that weird. It's good we never meet these people in real life. I would probably end up with a restraining order against me... :eek:
    ( I jest. Nobody freak out)

As too who would voice me in a game? Ahh me... Public speaking is what I do. My voice is my living. It would be odd to sub in somebody for me lol.

But to answer the question kinda sorta. Liam Neeson I think has the most interesting male voice I hear.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Laura suddenly doing VanZyl confused me as I was wondering when Kira Carsen started traveling around on a Starfleet vessel.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If your primary online persona was slated to be voiced by a famous actor/actress, who would it be?

I ended up discussing this with Trendy somehow... long, rambly conversation. Anyway, it got me curious how other folks see themselves in-game, or online.

If Borticus, the Forum Persona, were to be voiced by a well-known actor, I think I'd like it to be Nathan Fillion / Malcolm Reynolds. Authoritative, but snarky and empathetic.

My in-game character on the other hand - a somewhat androgynous grey alien thing - I'd totally go for Jennifer Hale. I don't care if the toon is "male" she's just too awesome.

How about you?

For a female character it'd have to be the Voice of Romana from Doctor Who, Juliet Landau :)

If my character were male it would be the voice of The Master from Doctor Who, Alex Macqueen :)
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why does the thread have a page 11 with an empty post at the top of it? :confused:
    w8xekp.jpg
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    capnmanx wrote: »
    Timothy Dalton. I always liked his Bond voice; and his Rassilon voice was pure awesome. I always imagine my characters sounding like him. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DehbC0ORYTQ it's an instant classic voice
  • kirkepsilon1kirkepsilon1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For since all of my toons are female I would have to go with Amanda Tapping just because she is majorly awesome and thats end of it :D thats who I imagine my females to sound like when they talk, if I had male characters I would have to go with Richard Dean Anderson and Kevin Sorbo their voices would be epic plus there pretty awesome dudes :)
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DehbC0ORYTQ it's an instant classic voice

Always preferred this clip myself. :cool:

Note: this is from the BBC site, so it might not work for people outside the UK; not sure though (can't find the darn thing on youtube :( ).
  • teluasteluas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd have to go with either Nicholas Boulton (Hawke from DA2) or Bruce Greenwood for my human engineer, and Jason Statham for my trill tactical officer. :)
  • archanubisarchanubis Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My preferred VA would be David Kaye, using a "nicer" version of his BW Megatron voice, at least for my Gorn character. The others, I don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For my main, Joe Flanigan
    For my vulcan female delta recruit, Claudia Black
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • arcforumtestarcforumtest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited June 2015
      This is LaughingTrendy testing stuff.
    • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
      edited June 2015
      This is LaughingTrendy testing stuff.

Impossible.

Not violet enough. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
      edited June 2015
      I always imagine Nyx, one of my Fed mains, having a voice like Avery Brooks.

Seya my other Fed I imagine as soundling like Jennifier Lien (I still maintain she has a wonderful sensual voice)

Kezz, my KDF main, is a little more difficult to pin down. Her back story is that she's Seyas estranged sister, the black sheep of the family, so a dark, mischievous voice is needed like Marta DuBois ("Ardra" from "Devils Due")
      server_hamster6.png
    • xanthraelxanthrael Member Posts: 19 Arc User
      edited June 2015
      I generally like to imagine my characters' voices in my head, so I've put a fair bit of thought into voice acting. Also, I'm British, which tends to carry through.

Yvoot (my tactical Bajoran captain): Nana Visitor doing a British accent.
      Elisa Flores: Veronica Taylor.
      Zarva: A slightly more mature-sounding Zoey Proasheck.
      T'Vrell: Cate Blanchett, again doing a British accent.
      Kolez: Siddig el-Fadil.

Korval (my tactical Klingon captain): Siddig el-Fadil doing a deep voice.
      K'Gan: Colm Meaney.
      Thraak: Whoever voiced the Gorn captain in "Arena".
      Ch'gren: I haven't the foggiest idea.
      B'Ellera: Dame Helen Mirren doing a Cockney accent.

Ke'thal (my scientific Bajoran captain): A younger Denise Crosby.
      Tovan Khev: Daniel Radcliffe.
      Satra: The Winter Epohh Researcher.
      Veril: Emma Wattson.
      Hiven: Rupert Grint.
      Post edited by xanthrael on
      I am a radical feminist, and as such have no fear of being controversial. Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and I love it.
    • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
      edited June 2015
      Geoffrey Holder. I need say no more.
      Q9BWcdD.png
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
      edited June 2015
      Hmm...
      I like the sound of Stephen Colbert doing Wilford Brimley.
      thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/6ml3sk/wilford-brimley-calls---quaker-oats-makeover
      It perfectly suits my main who is a fat, graying, aging Admiral. :D

Edit- I left out fat.
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
      At this point, it's starting to seem like Marcel Marceau might not be a bad choice. -shrug-
    • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
      edited June 2015
      My main Federation captain is "played by" Jerry O'Connell. I also have a Gorn voiced by Lawrence Fishburne (and some other recognizable voices on his crew, but I'll stop there), and a scrappy Romulan who ended up being voiced by Jennifer Hale. (I didn't plan that one, it just kind of happened.)

As for my forum persona? Why, the inimitable Roger Carmel, of course. ;)
    • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
      Actors for my main characters:

Jesu LaRoca - played by Michael Peña. (with camera magick to make him look taller.) The guy's got a huge heart that he pours into his characters, and convinces you that he really cares about his people, be they family (Crash,) war buddies (Fury,) or any group he considers "his people" (César Chávez.) But then he can transition from that mode into epic displays of utter bad@ssery so quickly and so smoothly its almost shocking. (Fury, End of Watch, American Hustle, Shooter.

LaRoca Rusty - voiced by Josh Hartnett. The raspy voice and sense of humor established Hartnett as one of my first and easiest casting calls. (I had initially based a lot of Rusty's mannerisms on Hartnett's Slevin Kelevra in Lucky Number Slevin.) He's also, like Peña, brilliant at playing a bad@ss with a huge heart (which is a recurring theme among my main characters...)

Ssharki - voiced by the late great Philip Seymour Hoffman. I was a bit crushed when he died last year because his voice is absolutely irreplaceable. He had one of the very best voices in modern cinema, and I can't imagine anyone else as the voice of Ssharki. Watch him in Charlie Wilson's War and you'll see what I mean.

Sway - voiced by Ben Foster. A young actor who chooses a lot of interesting roles; Foster is extremely versatile but I feel he's at his best when playing characters with a cruel, sadistic streak (see Hostage or the remake of 3:10 to Yuma) which Sway definitely has. He's also good at playing compassionate and altruistic characters willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good and/or loved ones (Pandorum) much like Sway.
      16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
      - Anne Bredon
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
      If your primary online persona was slated to be voiced by a famous actor/actress, who would it be?

I ended up discussing this with Trendy somehow... long, rambly conversation. Anyway, it got me curious how other folks see themselves in-game, or online.

If Borticus, the Forum Persona, were to be voiced by a well-known actor, I think I'd like it to be Nathan Fillion / Malcolm Reynolds. Authoritative, but snarky and empathetic.

My in-game character on the other hand - a somewhat androgynous grey alien thing - I'd totally go for Jennifer Hale. I don't care if the toon is "male" she's just too awesome.

How about you?

With a VOXBOX Hale can sound like a pretty, non-gendered alien. :)

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • tomaswilletomaswille Member Posts: 119 Arc User
      edited June 2015
      Hmm, my persona is grey haired, a white beard. eyepatch and black uniforms most of the time.
      Guess it would be fitting if Sean Connery did the voice overs. Christopher Lee could also be an option, alas RIP.

My other toon is a orion federation female, guess she could be voiced over by Scarlett Johansson
      giphy.gif
    • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
      edited June 2015
      I would have to say Jamie Bamber for my main toon