test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    I am seeing the same thing on My Rom-Fed Lib Borg Romulan. It would be awesome if the flower accents could be added to this category.

I've been having this problem. People in my fleet are able to use all the flower accents with their swimwear, but this "beachwear separates" prevents that by removing any accessory options.
    7aamriW.png
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Any acknowledgement that feline tails are still bugged, Callevista?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I know you're probably tired of hearing this -- but I promise I'll stop asking about it once it's (really) fixed!

Trill Spots -- Last year, you did fix the neck spots for the base 'Host' pattern, but you -didn't- fix the 'Host 2' and 'Host 3' patterns -- they both still have large gaps at the neck. Please fix ALL of the Trill-spot patterns.

Also, Trill spots are supposed to go 'all the way down.' Unfortunately, ours don't. They end just below the knee with a sort of blurry smear down on the calf. Just the other day, I saw a Talaxian lady whose spots were wonderfully done! Not only did she have no real noticeable gaps/seams around the neck, but the spots went all the way down to her toes! So I know you can do it. Please, take a little time and fix this for our Trills too!

Thank you for your time.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    Thanks, we've been busy with fixes of late, but we will definitely look into this.

Any eta on KHG uniforms being fixed we've only been waiting about half a decade now so its not asking for much.
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    We did some work on the KDF Aligned Reman Males yesterday.
    This should fix the wetsuit issue.

We have sent in a fix for confirmation - hopefully it will go out to the servers soon.
    edited June 2015
    I've been having this problem. People in my fleet are able to use all the flower accents with their swimwear, but this "beachwear separates" prevents that by removing any accessory options.

We've begun adding in the flower accessories to the Beachwear Drop down selections (Beachwear Separates, Beachwear Set).
    This also means color palettes for the flower costume pieces have been revised so that they should be using the same one.
    We are also looking at adding in other, existing costume parts to work with the Beachwear drop downs.
  • trekkerchicktrekkerchick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This also means color palettes for the flower costume pieces have been revised so that they should be using the same one.

Thank you very much. I've been reporting the flower "belt" having the leather* color options for two years.... I'm really happy to see it has the same open palette as all the other flower accessories.

*just my name for the strict color restriction usually on the Duty Uniform palette
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Is there any chance we could get some muscle definitions on female arms?

18620033666_4708766c91_o.png

Even with bulk sliders maxed, it still looks a bit tin and not very well defined. The male arms are better but still lack definition.

Also, why don't my Klingon feet have ridges? The option is even called 'bare feet - Klingon'.

D3FYn.jpg
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Does this mean we will be getting vivid colors with the flower accents, or is it just so that Fed and KDF use the same existing palette?
    We are also looking at adding in other, existing costume parts to work with the Beachwear drop downs.

Great news. If I may add, the Risian Explorer/Beachcomber pants would fit great in there, as they allow bare feet.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mectesh wrote: »
    Seems this was quite awhile ago (i.e. last summer when wetsuits were added), but don't recall seeing this was ever fixed - could easily have missed it. I picked up the "Wetsuit (full)" for my Reman KDF male last year, and to-date, it still doesn't show up. For reference, I'm currently looking at the last available costume slot on the character (13 of 13 on Renek@mectesh), and the only categories available from the drop-down menu are: Uniform, Kobali Armor, Club Wear, Formal Wear, and Off Duty. I'd like to avoid throwing Lohlunat favors into the void again.

Does anyone know if this is still an issue?
    I can confirm it is still an issue. My KDF allied Reman male lv 55 purchased the wetsuit (partial) and there isnt even a beachwear (set) in the dropdown menu. Also, I can confirm aloha shirts ending up in beachwear separates.

Does this mean our risian lohlunat favors are lost or will we still have the clothing we bought when these issues get fixed?

Other things I noticed: floater not there with club outfits (both on my reman male and fed male) and legs disappearing when wearing shorts or swimwear pants (males).
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Neat, thank you. Are you interested in hearing suggestions?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We've begun adding in the flower accessories to the Beachwear Drop down selections (Beachwear Separates, Beachwear Set).

Thank you. I've been waiting 2 years for the flower accents to have proper matching color palettes.

Can you also take a look at the Reman Nemesis (c-store) uniform? I bought it 2 years ago just after it was released. The dual shoulderpads appear to have a large off duty type palette while all other pieces seem to have the Federation uniform palette. Character name: Kamiccolo@monkeybone13
    Male Reman allied with Fed.

Also, both versions of the Romulan Republic wrist attachements don't have matching color palettes and has always been that way. It's like this for both genders and species, as well as Romulan Republic belts and chest gears.

Thanks for all you're doing. It's nice to see character customization is finally getting some love. You people are doing a great job. :)
  • xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Flying forward always cause this :(
    http://i.imgur.com/fpqLS5R.png
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xlesha911 wrote: »
    Flying forward always cause this :(
    http://i.imgur.com/fpqLS5R.png

The same problem happens with Orion loincloths. It's not just flying. Running with frosted boots can cause Orion loincloths to angle forward. It looks really weird, because the rear loincloth clips through the pelvis.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Incidentally, the male arms now clip horribly with the Risian Beachcomber outfit. My suspicion is that something got mixed up and males are being assigned the female top because I have to make a male have incredibly skinny arms not to clip with it.
    edited June 2015
    I can confirm it is still an issue. My KDF allied Reman male lv 55 purchased the wetsuit (partial) and there isnt even a beachwear (set) in the dropdown menu. Also, I can confirm aloha shirts ending up in beachwear separates.

Does this mean our risian lohlunat favors are lost or will we still have the clothing we bought when these issues get fixed?

Other things I noticed: floater not there with club outfits (both on my reman male and fed male) and legs disappearing when wearing shorts or swimwear pants (males).

We found this bug regarding Remans and the Beachwear Set - early this week. It should be fixed in a coming update (probably along with other fixes like floaters and missing legs).
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...This also means color palettes for the flower costume pieces have been revised so that they should be using the same one...

Callevista,

tk79 brings-up a good point. Right now the only pallet we have for the flowers (that I've ever seen) is the "pastel" pallet, which leads to kind of boring/drap-colored flowers, if I'm being honest.

Would it be possible to change the flowers so they have access to the same color pallet that the swimwear uses? I'm talking about the really bright vibrant colors... I don't have an in-game picture of it handy (can make one if it'll help), but I'm looking for colors like these:

https://orchidflowers.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/tropical-flower.jpg
    http://feelgrafix.com/data_images/out/16/908107-tropical-flowers.jpg
    http://feelgrafix.com/908119-tropical-flowers.html
    http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/exotic-tropical-flower-11306697.jpg
    http://7-themes.com/6780828-colorful-tropical-flowers.html

I mean these are supposed to be tropical flowers, afterall.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Callevista,

tk79 brings-up a good point. Right now the only pallet we have for the flowers (that I've ever seen) is the "pastel" pallet, which leads to kind of boring/drap-colored flowers, if I'm being honest.

Would it be possible to change the flowers so they have access to the same color pallet that the swimwear uses? I'm talking about the really bright vibrant colors... I don't have an in-game picture of it handy (can make one if it'll help), but I'm looking for colors like these:

Oh yeah that palette would be great for the flowers. PLEASE!!!!
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    edited June 2015
    Callevista,

The particular palette that we aimed for is definitely not the one used before, but instead one with more vibrant colors (redder reds, stronger purples, etc.) We were able to match many of the same colors used on the swimwear with the palette that will be assigned to the flower parts.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The particular palette that we aimed for is definitely not the one used before, but instead one with more vibrant colors (redder reds, stronger purples, etc.) We were able to match many of the same colors used on the swimwear with the palette that will be assigned to the flower parts.

Sounds excellent, thank you Sir!

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited June 2015

Oh, excellent. I'm pretty happy with the palette they're currently using, can't wait to see the new options.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We found this bug regarding Remans and the Beachwear Set - early this week. It should be fixed in a coming update (probably along with other fixes like floaters and missing legs).

Awesome, thx!
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
    edited June 2015
    frtoaster wrote: »
    You might want to pass this bug report onto your graphics team:

Holodeck ticket #3,489,666: Low-resolution textures on outfits, skin, and hair

The issue of low-res textures is definitely something that our graphics/tech team is looking into.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We did some work on the KDF Aligned Reman Males yesterday.
    This should fix the wetsuit issue.

We have sent in a fix for confirmation - hopefully it will go out to the servers soon.

Yeah the remans have never really been the issue. It was the female uniforms and mostly the gorn and letheans that were missing a lot of pieces. I found OP updated long ago saying these issues were fixed but they have never been fixed. Reason its such a pet peeve of mine is because its our only good looking KDF uniform we have and doesn't work :(
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Any acknowledgement that feline tails are still bugged, Callevista?

Yes, please, anything on this?

BUG: The Tail Length and Tail Thickness Sliders no longer do anything on Male and Female Caitians and Ferasans. Both sliders act like they are at max (all the way to the right) on all player characters, BOffs, and NPCs all the time.

This started about a month ago. Any acknowledgement of a fix in process somewhere down the line?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    offduty, jacket loose, female romulan, romulan civilan/romulan civilan wrap are missing arms and chest.

also, a somewhat older bug, when risian beachcomber outfit pants are combined with bare feet, you can still change the bare legs from skin to stockings, except it won't cover your feet so it looks weird. also on romulan female, but it happens to every female character who can use those pants.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
    edited June 2015
    Chest hair is finally available, thank you.

But I can't get myself to use it.

I don't know how to put this nicely, so I will just say it... it looks awful. It just doesn't look like hair. It looks like dirt, drops of mud/paint or something. It doesn't go along with the rest of character details.

Image: http://xibreula.com/tk79/sto/risa_ch.png

It also doesn't look as detailed as in the news article. Am I missing some graphic setting that would make it look better?

I tried changing the body sliders figuring it could be some inner clipping, but no matter how I change things, it looks the same.

Could this item be redesigned to look at least more closely to the news article, or preferably, to look more like body hair? Champions has done it nicely, considering their theme.
    STO Screenshot Archive

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    Chest hair is finally available, thank you.

But I can't get myself to use it.

I don't know how to put this nicely, so I will just say it... it looks awful. It just doesn't look like hair. It looks like dirt, drops of mud/paint or something. It doesn't go along with the rest of character details.

Image: http://xibreula.com/tk79/sto/risa_ch.png

It also doesn't look as detailed as in the news article. Am I missing some graphic setting that would make it look better?

I tried changing the body sliders figuring it could be some inner clipping, but no matter how I change things, it looks the same.

Could this item be redesigned to look at least more closely to the news article, or preferably, to look more like body hair? Champions has done it nicely, considering their theme.

Not sure why it looks like that for you, it looks ok on all the characters I've tried it with so far. What race are you trying it on?

http://i.imgur.com/v4OEMS4.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited June 2015
    It seems like today's update broke several things in the Beachwear Separates category for female characters :(

Kinanra@dragonsbrethren, Romulan, female, Fed-aligned

http://i.imgur.com/tF2jBl0.jpg

The Aloha Waves & Hula shirt has lost its second pattern. I only have "Hula Dancers 2" instead of being able to chose between Orion Girls or Guys as it was previously.

Additionally, the Formal belt has been added as a lower option in this category. Might be intended, with the updates being done to lowers, but I figured I'd bring it up.

http://i.imgur.com/vA7rrxA.jpg

I can't change the pattern on the bikini top with the Aloha Waves & Hula Open shirt anymore.

http://i.imgur.com/FpTt0pC.jpg

Lastly, as arrmateys mentioned, there is still an issue with the Romulan Civilian uppers missing their arms and chest when used as an Off Duty option. They're fine in the Uniform category, this only affects Off Duty.

---

I have a few of these outfits for males, I'll see if they're also affected in a little bit and edit this post or make a new one.

-edit-

My male Andorian's Red Hula shirt still has the option to choose between the two Orion patterns. I don't have the Waves shirt on a male or the Red shirt on a female to see if it's that specific shirt that is the issue, not the character's sex.
    edited June 2015
    Not sure why it looks like that for you, it looks ok on all the characters I've tried it with so far. What race are you trying it on?

http://i.imgur.com/v4OEMS4.jpg

My character is a human.

It seems to be a graphical setting. I don't have AA on, but from your picture it does look like normal maps are not working properly on my machine. My FPS is already average with current settings and I'm not comfortable going higher. But even so, with my average settings, the rest of my character doesn't look as bad.

EDIT: found it. It's the AA setting. Setting it to OFF makes it look bad.
    STO Screenshot Archive