test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fancy sending 1 star ninjas to Gre'thor...?

helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
It's just an idea... it's too unpolitically correct even to think about it but...
Any foundry author sooner of later clashes with players that abuse the review tool. I know the best course of action is to completely ignore the offender like a Schr
Post edited by helixfungus on

Comments

• thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ! stars are kind of just a fact of life. No matter how great your mission is, someone will hate it. If you can pull some actionable feedback, great, but often you just have to let it go and move on. Don't let it get to you.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think Helix is speaking of people who do it to troll, not because they legitimately disliked a mission. I think many of the foundry authors do not understand that there are people who intentionally seek out foundry missions to troll them with one stars. Sutherland got nailed by the same one I got hit with recently.

People need to stop making terrible excuses and make it so you must complete a mission to review it.

Of course we know they will keep making the excuses because it never happened to them.
    Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    to Westmetals... Absolutely... there's no copyright on it, so you can use it after a fashion or straight as I gave it. To Greendragoon.. thanks, I appreciate your kind words. It's just that something CAN be done about it cheers me up. I wonder if just a warning "of consequences" at the end of mission could work. Something along the line "Now that you are about to leave your review be sure to not leave unmotivated 1 stars - use 1 star to tell the author the mission can't be completed due to tech problems - To let know that you did not like it you leave 2 stars. Foul mouth and abusive words too will have consequences." then you enunciate the "punishment".
    Maybe suffice as a deterrent, do not know.
    It's simply frustrating to know that you can do nothing about it. I see that discouraging the authors is damaging the community as a whole, so this is more than just a whine about on my part.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The question is, do you think someone who is going to give you an 1 star would actually CARE about you saying you are sending them anywhere? Probably not.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As fun as it sounds, I think the other problem you could run into is if one of these guys files a complaint saying that you're naming and shaming them. Come to think of it, I think someone once published a mission that was meant to insult a certain fleet, which then got pulled (never could find it afterwards).
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
    edited June 2015
    to grandnagus: I just don't care really. It's this karma feeling that I like.

to djxprime: there a workaround to avoid the name/shame blade. Example... @melixfungus, @Ashkrok22, @eastmetal... Have I mentioned any of the names in this thread...?
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    to grandnagus: I just don't care really. It's this karma feeling that I like.

This whole thread seems to suggest otherwise :P

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited June 2015
    No. I think it's just a waste of my time really. But I could do it. Without prior warnings. And I really don't care about it. I do care about the fact that this thread is open and well visible to other Foundry authors that felt the 1 star ninja fetid stench in their review tabs...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Again, no thank you. A, I'm pretty sure the problem is a lot less prevalent than you think, and B, if you release a broken mission without flagging it as a beta version, you DESERVE a one star rating no less than a big studio that releases a game with rampant day one bugs. And then there's my particular pet peeve with mission inclusivity: I make a policy of automatic -1 star for failure to include non-Klingon RP options in KDF missions, so if you make a mission I'd normally give 2-stars for being non-broken but otherwise badfic-terrible, you're getting one star.

You got a genuine problem with abuse of the review tool? Talk to the community manager.