test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Petition for Disney to revive aborted TRON sequel

hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Ten Forward
If you have not heard by now, Disney was going to make a 3rd Tron movie, but for some reason that pulled the plug on the project.

Now there is a Petition going around, to get Disney to change their minds on Tron, and get that project started again.

IMO If the 2nd movie made a little more money, we wouldn't have this issue now.

Now if you want to sign the petition go here:

https://www.change.org/p/walt-disney-revive-tron-3

I hope they change their minds.
Post edited by hawkwing43 on

Comments

• Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think Disney realized they "screwed things up" too badly and that led to the "plug pull" on Tron 3.

Think about it. "Tron World" backed up to a flash drive. MCP and CLU deleted, and no "main character" with a reason to create program #3. Digitizing lazer buried in a random arcade, and most likely unplugged to prevent further "accidents". About all that's left is what happened to the "Olivia" ISO, and that's gonna pan out more as the "questing lovestruck alien in a foreign land" movie than the action-adventure computer-world beat-them-up.

About all they have left is to "find the ancient backup" with Dad in it to "resurrect" him, or to have the ISO "go rogue" and take over the Earth with her own "user-type godesque powers"...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The way to "petition" Disney to make Tron III would have been to pay money to go see Tron II. Voting with your wallet is the only kind of voting a corporation understands.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So 400 million wasn't enough?

This franchise has so much potential, it just needs to be treated right. Get a proper writing team, and hire good actors, and it can work.

If they don't want it on the big screen, then move it to the small screen, there are tons of stories that can be told in the Tron universe. Just start with moving them to the world wide Web, and take it from there.

How would they get there? Tell the story, I am sure you can think of how they got there to begin with. I can see Sam Flynn download that world on a home PC, then they get linked to the WWW. :D
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hawkwing43 wrote: »
    So 400 million wasn't enough?

This franchise has so much potential, it just needs to be treated right. Get a proper writing team, and hire good actors, and it can work.

If they don't want it on the big screen, then move it to the small screen, there are tons of stories that can be told in the Tron universe. Just start with moving them to the world wide Web, and take it from there.

How would they get there? Tell the story, I am sure you can think of how they got there to begin with. I can see Sam Flynn download that world on a home PC, then they get linked to the WWW. :D

My proposal: The world is in peril as a computer virus that is seemingly alive begins a destructive rampage of all the world's technological systems. A pair of amateur hackers unearth a Tron World called "Network" that was integrated with the internet during it's infancy. Using their faceless hacking programs that possess the ability to shapeshift into other programs and terraform the cyber world around them, they discover that the virus causing havoc is operating out of Network. Hunted down by Sam Flynn and Quorra, the Hackers and Sam must rezz themselves into Network, make contact with the Hacking Programs, follow the path of the mysterious "User Zero" and defeat the virus before it destroys the world.

I call it....Tron Universe.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Asking Disney to do something accomplishes nothing lol.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Was disappointed hearing about that. Storywise was boring, but visually was stunningly beautiful. And the awesome soundtrack didn't hurt either.
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited June 2015
    It wasn't bad, but the second film didn't hit the mark either. (This from a huge fan of the original film) I think one of the big issues was that despite being called "Tron", the character of Tron was relegated to a spot largely out of the limelight, with only two big moments in the film (his admittedly very cool gladiatorial scene, and his moment at the film's climax). It would have been better to call the film FLYNN. I also found the elder Flynn's solution to be a bit weird. If he had that ability bottled in him before, why not tap it before then? I did think the ending in the real world showed crazy potential for a third film, though how Tron would fit into it is beyond me, unless Alan resurrected and customized the program.
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Tell Disney if they're running short of ideas for Tron designs to come have a look around here.

:P

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hawkwing43 wrote: »
    If you have not heard by now, Disney was going to make a 3rd Tron movie, but for some reason that pulled the plug on the project.

Now there is a Petition going around, to get Disney to change their minds on Tron, and get that project started again.

IMO If the 2nd movie made a little more money, we wouldn't have this issue now.

Now if you want to sign the petition go here:

https://www.change.org/p/walt-disney-revive-tron-3

I hope they change their minds.

if that bag of TRIBBLE succeeds in its petition that i got no interest in, then there should be one for firefly, star gate universe, babylon 5 crusade and others...

nope its a dead horse, it should be buried and away from any sticks that can poke it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Signed. But only because I'd love Daft Punk to score it again, like they did with Legacy :D

I thought Cillian Murphy's character was underused, though. Son of Dillinger, on the board of Encom and a supposed coding genius, and all he does is be onscreen for 5 minutes and get shown up a bit.

How about Flynn get's a call from Alan saying his old Tron program rebooted and started sending him a cry for help? Son of Dillinger has restarted the old MCP and is hellbent on getting Encom out of the hands of a Flynn and has, himself, entered the grid a few times to mold it how he wants. Up to Quorra, Sam and old Tron himself to set things right one last time.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They should have pulled the plugs on both 1 and 2. Not good movies, unless you get a kick out of black light stuff.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Signed. But only because I'd love Daft Punk to score it again, like they did with Legacy :D

I thought Cillian Murphy's character was underused, though. Son of Dillinger, on the board of Encom and a supposed coding genius, and all he does is be onscreen for 5 minutes and get shown up a bit.

How about Flynn get's a call from Alan saying his old Tron program rebooted and started sending him a cry for help? Son of Dillinger has restarted the old MCP and is hellbent on getting Encom out of the hands of a Flynn and has, himself, entered the grid a few times to mold it how he wants. Up to Quorra, Sam and old Tron himself to set things right one last time.
    Might work. They'd probably add some sort of uncertainty though.(Is it really over?) And maybe examine where the Isos came from.... That's the big question from Tron 2.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Meh. I want to like Tron: Legacy. I really, really do. I'm a huge Tron fan. Heck Tron, the Black Hole, and 20,000 Leagues under the Sea were my three "must watch" Disney films growing up. Not saying it wasn't was cool catching up with Flynn and Allen. I liked it's visuals, some of its underlying story and thought Castor was a hoot (anyone else think that he should have been the main bad guy?) But all told...I don't really think much more could be done with it. Part of Tron's appeal was it came at a time when we really did think computers could do anything. They were magical, almost mysterious. Now with computers and technology so ubiquitous and so easy to use I'm not sure you can recapture that sense of wonder.

I say if Disney does want to revisit one of its past properties give us an updated Black Hole.

Hm, for me it was Tron, Dragonslayer, and Flight of the Navigator.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ah Flight of the Navigator.... In hindsight such a stupid movie..... But it was well written and likeable.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ah Flight of the Navigator.... In hindsight such a stupid movie..... But it was well written and likeable.

Anyway, show me one kid that doesn't want their own alien spaceship.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Which is part of why it was likeable. :P It was basically a childhood fantasy in movie form.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited June 2015
    I thought I'd heard Disney had plans for reboots of both Flight of the Navigator and The Black Hole? :confused: