test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan/Reman BOFF recruitment missing again as of S10

dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
It seems likely the Evaluate Romulan/Reman -career- Bridge Officer Candidate doff assignments that are supposed to appear in New Romulus Command and (what was) the Tau Dewa sector block haven't been showing up for players since season 10 launched. Here's a thread over on /r/sto about this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/37w2i5/romulan_boff_assignments/

I personally check my Current Map assignments in New Romulus Command at least once a day and don't remember getting any of these assignments recently. I have gotten Recruitment assignments, there, but they've all been for Human candidates.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ataraxis2ataraxis2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was actually just about to make a post asking if they'd just been moved somewhere. I'm in the same boat, where I haven't seen the assignment since S10.

3 Romulan toons, regularly checking Current Map, Personal, and Ops assignment, both in the command center and sector space. I have received all sorts of other recruitment assignments, including VR Rigellian and Vulcan recruitment assignments, but not a Romulan/Reman one.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's a well known, and sadly almost accepted WAI fact now, that Cryptic has essentially removed the Romulan and Reman Recruitment missions from he game.

There are dozens of threads like this one that go back several years now, and not once has any Cryptic Dev responded to them.

Approx a year ago I believe, there was a line in some patch notes that the mission frequency had been adjusted, however I personally saw no difference whatsoever in their proc rate.

And as noted, since Season 10, not one single Romulan or Reman Recruitment mission has proc'd on any of my 5 Romulan toons. And even recruitment missions for "allied" BOff's are rarer for my Romulans than toons of the other 2 factions.

My Klingon and Orion toons sometimes get 2 (and once 3!) Bridge Officer Recruitment missions simultaneously!!!

/tin foil hat on

I believe it's possible that Cryptic is trying to remove SRO from the player memory and thus lessen the desire by newer players to want them, so that they can nerf/remove the trait entirely, by removing or lowering the proc rate of Romulan BOff Recruitments.

/tin foil hat off.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited June 2015
    bendalek wrote: »
    It's a well known, and sadly almost accepted WAI fact now, that Cryptic has essentially removed the Romulan and Reman Recruitment missions from he game.

yup. I've heard one reliable person say they found one at the command center after weeks of checking, it didn't crit and they got a crappy blue boff with the wrong traits. It is effectively gone.
    /tin foil hat on

I believe it's possible that Cryptic is trying to remove SRO from the player memory and thus lessen the desire by newer players to want them, so that they can nerf/remove the trait entirely, by removing or lowering the proc rate of Romulan BOff Recruitments.

/tin foil hat off.

Yeah, it's one of those ... well it walks talks and looks like a duck ... so maybe it's a duck? who knows, could be. It's just one of those odd things, where roms get this massive massive benefit. Maybe they figured it's just time to remove it?

But, more likely it's accident and they are so busy doing other stuff and being shorthanded that it's just left as is. If it doesn't give bonus xp or dil or some other benefit, it's not a priority.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    There are dozens of threads like this one that go back several years now, and not once has any Cryptic Dev responded to them.

maybe you got mixed up there, it could be frequently found at the command center before the map change, it wasn't there all the time but if you checked in enough you could find it
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    maybe you got mixed up there, it could be frequently found at the command center before the map change, it wasn't there all the time but if you checked in enough you could find it

I wish that were true ... Sadly this issue has been around since LoR was launched and, as I said was even once (and only once) mentioned in some patch notes as being "adjusted".

That is why there are so many threads in the Bug Report sub-forum, in the Romulan sub-forum, in the Duty Officer System sub-forum and even in General Discussion.

However, although it did proc 3 or even 4 times a week in the past (if you were lucky and got Romulan/Reman BOff's each time), Romulan and especially Reman Recruitment missions have always proc'd far, far ... FAR, less than the 2 other factions do.

It's the reason why you'll always see vastly more Romulan toons in the Command Center whenever there is a Bonus XP event. People creating "Burner Roms" i.e. leveling a Rom toon to get all the BOff's then deleting them.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't think I have ever seen one.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, I can see that they weren't as common as the other recruit missions. But I always figured that was intended, they are "extra special".

They were there, well I suppose it doesn't matter now, the old world is all gone now,

The recruit romulan boff mission (pre map change) was in the command center, orbit and the immediate sector space. When time allowed, people would check in there with several romulan chars each "cycle" (4 hour period) and that's how people found them. I had ... probably about 1 mission running most of the time, occassional 2, other people used more chars and probably found more missions.

Rarely I would sell them, but mostly I would use them for my own (romulan only ofc) chars. They'd sell, but to move them quickly you would have to undercut everyone, it didn't see worth it. They were a hassle to get, time consuming, and it's boring to cycle through chars looking for something every 4 hours.

Anyway, that's not the case anymore. prices were like 4m - 8m and now ... the prices are climbing fast. I'll bet 100m SROs are in our future if nothing changes. :-(

hint hint - help devs!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It's the reason why you'll always see vastly more Romulan toons in the Command Center whenever there is a Bonus XP event. People creating "Burner Roms" i.e. leveling a Rom toon to get all the BOff's then deleting them.

that sounds punishing, creative though, maybe that's where they will all come from now
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    that sounds punishing, creative though, maybe that's where they will all come from now

Indeed it is. You can (if you're dedicated enough) level 2 or even 3 Rom toons during a Double XP weekend which translates to around 10 chances at getting at least a few SRO's.

They have always been in the 6 digit EC range on the exchange (more so for Female BOff's as it is with most races <sigh>) But i can see the prices climbing ever higher, as time goes on, perhaps up to 7 or even 8 figures!

But SRO's aren't the only issue, Reman BOff's are almost extinct! I have a Reman toon, and for RP purposes I wanted an all Reman crew. Damned if that wasn't near impossible!
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015

No it could not. My job allows me a lot of leeway so I could check many times a day. Even checking several times a day it would take on average 5 days to find. Most people don't have the time to do that so they would likely never see them. Its always been an issue. Especially if you are maxed out and see all other FED/KDF species available anytime you log in.

Since LOR went live, I have seen Reman options twice.

The issue is likely tied to location since it only appears at the command center and in sector. When they changed sector it likely broke the mission.

IMO, there was also an issue with CD, I think it was much longer than normal.

Also with FED/KDF you get BO missions for all of the categories as an achievement - so you might get Medical Achievement - Orion Medical Officer. With Roms and Rems you only get the Recruitment version.

Personally I would gladly give all the other species missions and just get the Rom/Rem versions.

To add insult to injury, If we get a BO from the embassy, they are Flagged as KDF or FED not Romulan. This causes some minor issues but they cant wear aligned uniforms. So if all your crew has an outfit that isn't generic, the Embassy BOs will never match them and are forced to either wear the cruise ship staff fauxpublic ones or a partial Tal Shiar since all pieces aren't available to males/female. But then the colors wont match either since they force Roms and Rems to use several palettes and if your are KDF you get stuck with the crappy KDF one for many items. Like the Senate Robe.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    No it could not.

Since this is all done now, I'm not exactly revealing any "trade secrets" anymore.

I'm not free all day either to check nonstop. So, the trick was to have like 10 chars at the command center or as many as you can tolerate. Rolling through all the chars at once, checking on each one is how I did it.

I found plenty of romulan ones, but as that other fella said, I never ever saw a recruit-reman mission.

as for price. when I saw the doff missions vanish I bought up about 15 SRO, spent all my EC. the price varied from 5m to 15m, with one being 20m. male and female, females being 50%-100% higher in price. (((I didn't do it to corner-the-market, I just have plans to develop some more chars eventually))) .... I also posted here suggesting that people do the same.

EDIT: of course all this could be fixed tomorrow and I'd be the one with egg on my face, but that's the thing, there's no telling what will happen
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've had back-to-back Lethean recruitment missions at New RomCom...no Roms or Remans for quite a while now.
    It must be broken.

I don't mind too much, I like the prices now :P
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I believe that there was a period where Romulan BOs weren't dropping at all.

Also, some characters seem a lot less likely to get them. My (KDF)Romulan is at least 2-3x more likely to get the mission than my (Fed)Reman. It's so bad that my Reman's entire bridge crew are KDF aligned.

I also haven't seen a Romulan recruiting missions in season 10, but TRIBBLE in general's screwed up in season 10. I'm lucky to occasionally get shapeshifting lockets.
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    I was wondering about this too. I haven't had a romulan or reman mission in months. I've had plenty of the other species including some very rare ones but no romulans or remans at all.

Are they bugged? Removed? What's going on?
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    They were fixed, in the same patch that restored the Gamma Quadrant Commodities assignments on DS9. It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, but I've been getting these assignments since then. I just ran one...last week, I believe, and a friend mentioned getting two at once a few days ago. All Romulan for me, I haven't seen any Reman...but I hardly ever did, so I can't really say anything's broken there.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    The last time I got a Romulan was about 7-10 days ago. I also had a Reman a month ago or so. They're rare, but they happen.

All in sector space in Azure sector or near the Gate. I haven't seen anything in the Command yet.​​
  • Options
    t0ffik1#9170 t0ffik1 Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Yeah had 3 romulan (2x eng 1x tac) and 1 reman eng this month (half of them went very rare and none SRO :/) but they work i have them always around 15:00-16:00 GMT+1 (every time they show up on this time dont know why) in new romulus sector
  • Options
    t0ffik1#9170 t0ffik1 Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Nice 15:39 and i see romulan sci boff aquiring mission on new romulus :D

here you have a proof :D
    http://i.imgur.com/u3gRu8l.jpg
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    That's 14:00-15:00 my time. Trying that tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow. And the day after the day after tomorrow. And the day after the day after.....

o:)​​
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Ok so long as I know they're still around. If they were removed from the game like I was afraid of I would have been quite upset.

They can appear in New Romulus Command and it's sector space right? My personal assignments are always the same between the two. Even right now in game my romulan went from Command to sector space and his personal assignments are exactly the same.

It's been so long since I've had one of these assignments I don't remember where they're found, like if department heads may have them when personal doesn't. Not finding them for so long now and coming back to a revamped sector map made me fear they were removed from the game either intentionally or unintentionally.