test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is Your Voice Actor/Actress?

Comments

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Probably Michael Fassbender or Billy Crudup.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If I had to pick only one, Grey DeLisle. She has an amazing range and could probably do all of my characters, with the all the various personalities in my headcanon, without them sounding alike.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Male: (Other than myself of course) Kevin Conroy. Because, BATMAN!
    Female: (Other than myself doing a very strange female voice) Susan Eisenberg Because... Well... Wonder Woman!

Hmmm, Andrea Romano sure knows how to voice cast, doesn't she?
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OK, so for my toons...

Tayben Berat: David Tennant, with his normal Scottish accent. Yes, Berat learned his English through a University of Edinburgh program.

Alyosha Strannik: Michael Barnes, lead vocalist from RED, though with a substantial alteration to his speaking and singing style to not be so blatantly 2000's pop.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Johnny Depp.

But since I voice-act, I would rather voice myself if possible. Actually, it's a bit odd for me to see this thread, since I been thinking of voice-acting almost every time i'm on sto. Unfortunately I missed any opportunities to play a voice part and am not travelling all the way to your studios, so I'll never get what I wish I could do most here. But now you know what it is.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Male: Michael Shanks. Got to get that Daniel Jackson vibe.

Female: Hard to say. Just one that isn't squeaky or "cute" sounding (sorry Zero).
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My main foundry villain would be voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch. My female foundry villain would be voiced by the original character she is based on..providing her original VO was still alive.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, since my descendant is my Fed main, his voice would have to be my own.

For others -
    • Sinclair (alt Fed Main) - the late Michael O'Hare
    • Mor'gue (KDF Main) - the late Andreas Katsulas
    • Rh'vaurek (Romulan Republic Main) - Liam Neeson
    • Chetora (2nd Account Main Female Caitian) - Jennifer Hale or Mira Furlan
    • Mafdet (2nd Account KDF Main Female Ferasan) - Lucy Lawless
    • Forum Voice - Morgan Freeman
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If your primary online persona was slated to be voiced by a famous actor/actress, who would it be?

I've wanted Kanril Eleya to be voiced by Jennifer Hale since the day I started writing down her adventures. Brokosh is Murphy Guyer (as the voice of Ammon Jerro from Neverwinter Nights 2), Morgaiah t'Thavrau is Dina Meyer, and Tyria Sark is Archie Panjabi.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Claudine Longet - For her antithetic edge.

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    To me Havelock sounds like Kevin Spacey, reprising his commanding and ruthless Frank Underwood (House of Cards) character without the southern accent, rather turn European, such as the accent and charm of Alan Rickman's Hans Gruber (Die Hard). Finish the whole thing off with just a touch of genius insanity as demonstrated by Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lamb).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Jennifer Hale is an awesome choice for a voice actress. Can't you hire her for STO in a major role?
    I'd definitely pick her for a female character.

I don't know about male voices, though.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The problem with Jennifer Hale is I can't hear her as not-Shepard anymore. I had to reroll my female Trooper in SWTOR because it sounded like FemShep but wasn't, and it hurt my brain.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    Hey, in at least one major movie, he had all the lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwea0LZQe9k
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    ...such as the accent and charm of Alan Rickman's Hans Gruber (Die Hard).

I've actually always read Vetinari with the voice of Alan Rickman. In my mind, it always fit so perfectly. But more Snape than Hans Gruber, all dark and deliberate.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • delsabereduxdelsaberedux Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It would be cool if everything I write online were heard in Troy Baker's voice. This one specifically.

In games with no voiced player dialogue I guess I'd stick with the above or the venerable Keith David or Jennifer Hale or Laura Bailey in full Boss mode.
    Relax.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    I've actually always read Vetinari with the voice of Alan Rickman. In my mind, it always fit so perfectly. But more Snape than Hans Gruber, all dark and deliberate.

Other than being blonde, I think Charles Dances portrayal was spot on.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    One of my longest running alts is based on the Barbarellla phase of Dr. Who parody character Iris Wildtime so ... young Jane Fonda would be appropriate. For several others I'd say Jennifer Hale, Grey delLisle but for one of my KDF primaries I'd want to use Amanda Donohoe at her wicked best.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2015
    Captain Jellico ( Ronnie Cox )
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Russel Crowe circa Gladiator for my main, and probably Michelle Forbes, less Ensign Ro and more Admiral Helena Cain for my female alts.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    Captain Jellico ( Ronnie Cox )

****, you're fired!

Wait...I can't say Richard? Huh.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've just always loved Rickman from Die Hard. Hans was probably one of the first bad guys I really liked. Funny, crazy, brilliant, ruthless, but always sophisticated (or at least played at being so).

I loved Alan Rickman also in Galaxy Quest, Dogma, and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I have to say I'm just not so much a fan of the Harry Potter books/movies. I've read 3-4 of the books, seen 2-3 of the movies... I've tried. Honest, I have. There are good bits, and I can't really put my finger on what it is that doesn't work for me (I mean REALLY it should, I'm normally into those sort of fantasies), but overall Potter is just ho-hum. So while I do remember that I liked seeing Rickman as Snape, I only have a vague recollection of that performance.

I'm a big fan of the Discworld books... When I started reading them, obviously Spacey's House of Cards didn't exist. I probably did read the Vetinari parts mostly as Rickman's voice. I think, though, that the character (as in sense-of-being) of Frank Underwood is great for the Patrician. A politician who can be charming, cunning, ruthless (utterly so), pragmatic, who can juggle multiple problems and people...

Contrasted to the books, Frank probably is too power-hungry. Too megalomaniacal. Havelock, I've always read as a true "man of the people" - I don't think that's an act. I think he really does care about the people he rules (at least in a broad sense). Which differs from my STO character somewhat. He believes in a greater good and the ideals of Starfleet, sure, but as someone who's killed off zillions of enemy and pretty much just pewpewpew'd his way through the galaxy, there's got to be some socialpathic killer (Hannibal Lecter) in there somewhere. LOL
    artan42 wrote: »
    Other than being blonde, I think Charles Dances portrayal was spot on.

Ah! I didn't even think of Lord Lannister. Should have, because that's a great actor with a perfect voice (and even sort of looks like Vetinari). >google< Oh, my... There's a TV movie with Mr. Dance as Lord Vetinari?!? I didn't know! Will have to check that out. Thanks!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My main, Takeshi Yamato, would be voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, who did the voice of Ichigo Kurosaki in the English Dub of Bleach. :D
    76561198160276582.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've always been partial to Cree Summer. She was Penny in the original Inspector Gadget, and has done a lot of other characters since then.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jkersjkers Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Male toons.....Viggo Jorgensen
    Female toons.....Kate Beckinsale
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited June 2015
    1. Gandalf (Ian mckellen)
    2. Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen)
    3. Prophet from Crysis (James Vincent Meredith)
    4. Morgan Freeman
    5. Benedict Cumberbatch
    6. Vin Deiesel
    7. Michael Dorn

^..^
  • jkersjkers Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Err,.sorry about that....male toons....Viggo Mortensen
    Female toons....Kate Beckinsale
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh I definitely got a soft spot for Jennifer Hale! :D

Her voice talent is just awesome at making female characters sound both sexy and totally badass, just like my "scarred" Orion.
    Theres a reason why I like playing "Renegade" as Femshep in Mass Effect. :cool:
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not sure what you're precisely asking here. If it's my persona here in forums and what not, it's Seth Rogen hands down. He's who I'd want to play me in a movie, so it's only fitting. If it's my characters in game, that varies depending on which character I'm playing.

Guinevere Verlona, Half Human/Half Vulcan female - Kerry Condon, my number one choice for the next Doctor
    Nevalla, Romulan - Felicia Day because c'mon, Felicia Day as a Romulan...........that would be awesome.
    Alan Morrison, Human Male - Alan Tudyk hands down
    Neevok, Romulan Male - Kevin Spacey. I think he'd make a great Romulan.
    Be'Chloe, Female Federation Klingon - Anna Kendrick
    Ezri Tinen, Female KDF Joined Trill - Amanda Crew
    Roc - Male Ferasan - Zachary Levi
    Carol Danvers, Female Human - Yvonne Strahovski who should play Captain Marvel in the MCU
    Layla, Half Romulan, Half Andorian Female - Eliza Dushku
    Zela, Orion Female - Jaime Murray
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade