test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did you test House of Pegh before releasing it?

farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
I'm aware that the balance team thinks it's okay for a ground NPC to hit for 2582 damage, but I also encountered multiple instances of NPCs being stuck in walls during House of Pegh. Stuck NPCs are able to target and attack you, but you can't do the same to them. This is almost pardonable on its own, but not when there are devices to activate and these NPCs keep interrupting you. Fortunately, I did the mission on my engineer, so I used Cover Shield to break their line of sight and complete the mission. But how about tac and sci players? Or eng players who haven't unlocked Cover Shield yet? Are they simply out of luck?

Oh, and the Omega Molecule Ball-In-A-Cup game in that mission: yep, it's the exact same buggy minigame we all know and love. Code reuse is all well and good, but this minigame is just plain unstable, even with no one else in my instance. Was there even a point to popping that minigame at that point in the mission, or was it just "hey let's jam that minigame in here because I like minigames"? It ended early (about the ten second mark) for me, so all it did was remind me of that persistent bug.
Post edited by farranor on

Comments

• Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Actually from my experience the minigame in the mission is slightly different. I've done the mission over a dozen times now and it completes on 100 points every time. My guess is they still wanted the majority of people to be able to do it, 100 is a pretty easy score to get unless the mini-game wigs out completely. At the same time all they were after was a success and the points you get don't actually matter so they don't let it go all the way into the thousands.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    One-hit crits is the new way of adding "difficulty" to the game. Especially heralds are based around that kind of "power" ;)

The other points though cannot really be tested. Entities getting stuck in walls can happen any time, that's nothing "teting" could foresee. It happened never to me in house of pegh, it does happen a few times in various story missions or for example in the romulan rep tier 5 mission when the Tholian captain vanishes through the floor again. But I guess this is very hard to pinpoint as to why this keeps happening and probably is some kind of problem deep rooted in the engine itself.

The omega minigame I don't understand either. But people suggested that it was supposed to cap at 100 points/ten seconds as it supposedly did so for everybody.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Amusingly, they deliberately delayed House Pegh for a week because it -was- bugged.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They DID test it. The mission's release was delayed for a week because they had some fixing to do.
    NPCs getting stuck in walls is annoying but it's not an isolated case here, occasionally happens in all missions with tight corridors. Porbably some deeper engine problems rather than some oversight....

As for the rest, I agree. Repeatedly getting one shotted by Defilers is kinda bs, especially for a story mission. Though I'm less annoyed by the omega game. I mean, look at it from this way: instead of wasting 60 secs for a boring mini game you just had to waste 10. That's a win in my book.:P
  • Options
    darleathdarleath Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Immersion Failure #1:
    "we have a cloaking device able to cloak your ship"

But... I have an Intel Cruiser! And the ships can cloak with a cloaking console, so why not "we will loan to you a cloacking device for the mission" for those ships without cloack?

I shudder to think what they might tell to my Quib-flying klingon or my Romulan char... Seriously...

Immersion Failure #2:
    [clone name]is unable to damage K'tet in singular combat, so lets intervene! Honor be damned! Because we are klingons all about the mission success, so let's forget about sabotaging the generator and tell everybody where we are!

Seriously...
  • Options
    jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You got 811 damage not 2582. That is even survivable. This attack is meant to be avoided, which is pretty easy by the way, so could also do 1m damage without being a deal breaker. Get out of the cone and be fine.
    Omega game was already clarified. Complete one molecule and you're done. No bug here.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    darleath wrote: »
    Immersion Failure #1:

But... I have an Intel Cruiser! And the ships can cloak with a cloaking console, so why not "we will loan to you a cloacking device for the mission" for those ships without cloack?

I shudder to think what they might tell to my Quib-flying klingon or my Romulan char... Seriously...

Immersion Failure #2:
    [clone name]is unable to damage K'tet in singular combat, so lets intervene! Honor be damned! Because we are klingons all about the mission success, so let's forget about sabotaging the generator and tell everybody where we are!

Seriously...

I played the mission with my Klingon Negh'Var. It was... odd...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Immersion Failure #1:

Immersion Failure #2:

Seriously...
    The mission was a generic multi faction mission. That's why. It's what cryptic does for a while now. And yes, it feels odd for non fed. The alliance was created to get rid of the multi faction thing. It was too much to handle for Cryptic, and since Geko positively hates everything that's not fed....

Best part for a Klingon is being treated of Petaq' (while being a Dahar Master, and just being said you were on the top of the list for the best agent of the alliance), and answering "I heard that". Wait, what ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    That was immersion breaking in itself. I mean, this is the KDF we're talking about.
    A General/Dahar Master/whatever being insulted by a lower-ranked officer, who's only justifcation for the insult was that she was being overprotective of her girlfriend, should put that officer straight on the 'Execute for Incompetence' candidate list.

Depends. My Klingon is not a robot switching to termination mode when somebody "insults his honour" (I always hate that this is made the sole trait Klingons seem to have) but instead was impressed by the courage that Warrior had to be willing to pick a fight with my high-ranking Klingon to protect her mate. That is a honourable behaviour in itself, noted by a smirk that tells "better not try that again. But I want you on my away team".

Further, House Pegh seems to operate under a loose protocol anyway. She didn't insult you in front of your own assembled crew.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Fair enough - but I still think that our (KDF) character was a little TOO forgiving of it. Something along the lines of, as you say "I respect your courage, but address me as such again and I will not be so forgiving".

I agree on that, no question. However, the episode has painfully obvious Starfleet centric "cross faction" writing.

My Klingon Negh'Var needed to be hidden under the magic cloak instead of using my own, my Klingon didn't know what Kellicams are, my Klingon could ask Kahless "WTF are you?" etc.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    yea, this one is what really got to me.
    wondered where the hell my backhander option was. given the context of the tng episode where riker learns "when not to duck".
    Slapping with the back of the hand means you want to challenge someone to death. A punch would have been more appropriate as an option.

But as others have mentioned, you didn't really have time with bickering.
    But once, again, I agree it lacked a Klingon-style answer, without going for a punch in the face, like "if it were another time, I'd break your nose" or "Ha, you have guts! I respect that, but don't push it just because we're at war!".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Immersion Failure #1:

Immersion Failure #2:

Seriously...
    My guess was that it was a special cloak designed to bypass the system security. The guy acted like it was special somehow.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The complaints I saw where mostly from lower level people, mostly new people, who have not played the game enough to deal with the "dragonball Z power-up" damage and special attacks the game has become.

There really is no way right now to determine difficulty or to set it in the game anymore. Each captain is different now in so many ways. This is why some people find the game easy and others hard and why fewer players are on now.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I disagree with the insult to my KDF toon being badly done. It was bravery on the NPC's part kind of a counting coup thing and not reacting outside of "I heard that" was a return insult. You kind of treat the insulter as being not worthy of a response. So well done on that. BUT as a KDF player it would have been very satisfying to have been able to smash that smug b@#ch in the face. Please don't read anything into it as far as my real world feelings are. The NPC was a low rank and I'm a freaking General in the KDF and have slaughtered thousands for less.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    (...)
    Perhaps you should name it Timthy Taylr of the House of Tools because damn, even in our the current military she would be busted down to latrine duty.

Maybe that's the problem. I like my characters a tad bit more complex than a run of the mill military drone. My character is a seasoned veteran (with silver hair, even), not a young initiate that needs to brag like a fool.

Klingon culture is vastly more complex than to spout "Hurr durr, my honour!" every time somebody says anything.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    takegurutakeguru Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This dinky little intel cruiser could maintain it's own cloak and cloak my KDF's Vo'Quv(And you can't tell me the Vo'quv wouldn't have space for a cloaking device), my KDF apparently doesn't know what killicams are, she took an insult from a lower ranked officer, and to top it all off, she didn't tear T'ket a new one after what she/it/whatever did.

A couple of constructs is nothing, I killed more than that on the way to that room.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So when I played this mission last Thursday, I played with my Delta Recruit 60 in a Klinzhai Command Battlecrusier. We beamed up after that not so stealthy raid and was given the task of transmitting the information we found through the local communication array. I saw it in the distance, saw a Herald Patrol, so I cloaked and made a beeline to the array. No transmission possibility. I checked the Task list which indicated I had to defeat the Patrols. So I had to go back to engage ships that had been bypassed, who were out of range where I was at the array and shoot it up with them.

Now I could go back to the array and transmit. So much for stealthy missions at any point. The other KDF ship could have used it's magic cloak and bypassed as well, but no, 'let me just sit over here and wait'.

Nothing more to add.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns