test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is Your Voice Actor/Actress?

borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2015 in Ten Forward
If your primary online persona was slated to be voiced by a famous actor/actress, who would it be?

I ended up discussing this with Trendy somehow... long, rambly conversation. Anyway, it got me curious how other folks see themselves in-game, or online.

If Borticus, the Forum Persona, were to be voiced by a well-known actor, I think I'd like it to be Nathan Fillion / Malcolm Reynolds. Authoritative, but snarky and empathetic.

My in-game character on the other hand - a somewhat androgynous grey alien thing - I'd totally go for Jennifer Hale. I don't care if the toon is "male" she's just too awesome.

How about you?
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
"Play smart!"
Post edited by borticuscryptic on

Comments

• drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    My voice actor would be a mix of David Hewlett and Mark Sheppard.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If my video game persona was a a male, then I'd want it to be voiced by Kelsey Grammer. Hands down. I have fond, fond memories of him. Also Sideshow Bob.

If my video game persona was a female, then I'd want it to be voiced by Meryl Streep.
    edited June 2015
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    My voice actor would be a mix of David Hewlett and Mark Sheppard.
    ...Sheppard.
  • rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wonder about this any time I see my character talking in a cutscene, but I have no idea what they would sound like. I'll think about it...
    76561198032353876.png
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Gilbert Gottfried.

/end thread
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If we could choose any voice actor from anywhere, I would choose for some of my male characters a voice actor by the name of Keiji Fujiwara. He is my absolute favorite voice actor. Of course, he's also Japanese.

As for the female characters I have, I would go with Grey DeLisle.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Male : Patrick Stewart / Ian McKellen / or just someone with an epic voice.:P

Female : Kate Malgrew / Trisha Helfer or maybe Joanna Lumley just cause she has a sexy voice.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    I'd have to go with Christopher Heyerdahl. His voice is always 'epic' sounding.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Male toons - Hugh Jackman because Hugh Jackman! Female toons - Scarlett Johansson because ITS Freaking Scarlett Johansson!!!
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...Sheppard.

...Wrex.

But to answer the question, either Nolan North or Gideon Emery.
    w8xekp.jpg
    edited June 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    ...Wrex.

But to answer the question, either Nolan North or Gideon Emery.
    ....Sheppard.
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Male toons: Morgan Freeman and/or Jeff Bridges.

Female toons: Teresa Palmer
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • mindwindmindwind Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Erm, are we getting a voice for our captains and admirals? :)
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ....Sheppard.

...Wrex.

/quadchars
    w8xekp.jpg
    edited June 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    ...Wrex.

/quadchars

...Warden of a flock of sheep.
  • lordmentallordmental Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For my male characters, Mark Meier, and my female toons, Jennifer Hale.

Or possibly Brandon Keener.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Marcel Marceau
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Marc Alaimo, though like he was as Gul Macet, rather than as Dukat. That would be great for my persona.

(Marc Alaimo is an awesome actor, especially when you really see how different he played Macet and Dukat, even though people claim they're similar.)

As for my toons...dunno.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Timothy Dalton. I always liked his Bond voice; and his Rassilon voice was pure awesome. I always imagine my characters sounding like him. :cool:
  • lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Bruce Campbell

Nothing beats

"Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I *am* king.

Hail to the king, baby."

:D
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    Marcel Marceau

I appreciate this joke.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • jgsavagejgsavage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Michael Caine. Every time I'm running a mission, I can hear him saying "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If your primary online persona was slated to be voiced by a famous actor/actress, who would it be?

I ended up discussing this with Trendy somehow... long, rambly conversation. Anyway, it got me curious how other folks see themselves in-game, or online.

If Borticus, the Forum Persona, were to be voiced by a well-known actor, I think I'd like it to be Nathan Fillion / Malcolm Reynolds. Authoritative, but snarky and empathetic.

My in-game character on the other hand - a somewhat androgynous grey alien thing - I'd totally go for Jennifer Hale. I don't care if the toon is "male" she's just too awesome.

How about you?

K'mec - Kath Soucie with slightly firmer voice acting projecting a bit of confidence but toned enough to make a calming influence without appearing annoying because of the accent. her voice work is known on SWTOR as the female smuggler.

Vladimir "Vlad" Phozhenkov - Vyto Ruginis using his usual lazy russian accent in english as he does on NCIS LA. expect the same confident projection.

Ethic Bok - Chris O'Donnell in his NCIS LA type of voice acting but in a serious way but not so firm it comes off as being strict, voice adjustment because of the teeth and need to say human incorrectly.

Shenna - Morena Baccarin because her voice would be perfect for Shenna who the leader of a minor house of her own, and she projects sex appeal and the voice considerably lowers any potential threats until her plan is in action and Morena voice would make a good projection for antagonism. Morena is known usually for her very suggestive modelling, sg1 and firefly.

Khemitolar "Khemvix" Vixorix - Robert Knepper his work on PRISON BREAK as T-bag was fantastic, that type of voice actor enthusiasm would be perfect for khemvix as a reman, operating out in the shadows and Kneppers voice would fit in as a reman.

got a number more but my mind is completely blank.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    FAMOUS? Probably John Barrowman. But my top pick is the Minecraft community mod, Sacheverell. Because THAT VOICE THO.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hey, in at least one major movie, he had all the lines.
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ael - Cobie Smulders
    Hugo - Patrick Warburton
    I'K'rR'h - Miley Cyrus (using an Australian accent)

My forum posts - David Tennant as the 10th Doctor, Daniel Craig or Tom Hardy would probably be the closest
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hmm. Peter Woodward can voice my forum posts (maybe best known as Galen in Babylon 5/Crusade).

My female characters probably Jo Wyatt (FemHawke in the last two Dragon Age games, Ciri in Witcher 3). Male ones sound strangely like me usually :P, but if I had to pick someone else I'd go for the mighty Laurence Fishburne.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015

You know you can use actor for males and females, it's a lot less clunky ;)/

But anyway, Sir Christopher Lee, for all my Fed and KDF characters (they are the same guy). I'm not sure about my Reman, maybe Colin Baker for the ham. Female ones, I just created them for the delta event, so I haven't bonded enough to find them a voice yet.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!