test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will the Ferengi Nandi Warship...

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
...have set bonuses with the Ferengi D'Kora Marauder? The original Lock Box ship didn't come with any consoles (although I do think it and the Cardassian ship should get one retrospectively) but will the new Risa ship come with a universal console that will fit into the Marauder?

Oh and since we're getting a new Ferengi ship...does this mean that we might actually get to go to Ferenginar ;-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kayajay wrote: »
    ...have set bonuses with the Ferengi D'Kora Marauder? The original Lock Box ship didn't come with any consoles (although I do think it and the Cardassian ship should get one retrospectively) but will the new Risa ship come with a universal console that will fit into the Marauder?

It does come with a console (Battle Module 3000).
    And the Galor comes with a powerfull weapon...
    Oh and since we're getting a new Ferengi ship...does this mean that we might actually get to go to Ferenginar ;-)

EDIT:Error...cannot compute, conclusion inexplicable...
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The original Lock Box ship didn't come with any consoles
    so what do you call this, then? http://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Battle_Module_3000
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The original Lock Box ship didn't come with any consoles....

Think VERY carefully on what you're going to say next...
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hmm. I kind of doubt they'd build a set bonus around an old, rare Lockbox ship. They might start a new set of Summer Event Ship consoles, though.

(On the other hand, they did do the whole "JHAS pets for your carrier if you have the uber-rare JHAS!" thing, so who knows. If they did do it, I'd wouldn't be surprised to see a "get the new rare T6 D'Kora in R&D Packs!" sales event, though.)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015

You can visit Ferenginar, granted you can't do anything fun there, the only way to visit is when you stop the Undine from blowing it up.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry about that. I don't have the ship myself :-)
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I mean, if anything can be inferred from the previous Summer Event ships (and most giveaway ships as of late), the Nandi warships will probably have their own unique console.
    However, whether it's complementary to the D'Kora Marauder's Battle Module is unknown.
    Since they're both Ferengi starships, it could be a possibility. Though I wouldn't expect any hypothetical set bonuses to be anything too extraordinary, considering the relative rarity of the D'Kora itself.
    We don't even know what the Nandi actually looks like and what it's capabilities are, other than it's apparently a "warship". Considering that the only other canon Ferengi starship from the shows isn't in-game at the moment (and would hardly be considered a warship), Cryptic is coming to the table with their own original design.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I transferred one of my Characters with D'Kora onto Tribble, Battle Module 3000 and the "Friends in High Places" Set-Synergy only mention the D'Kora.(.. at the moment)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know if there will be a set bonus...but the D'Kora's exchange price has gone up 100 million since the announcement so someone clearly thinks there will. ;)
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    I don't know if there will be a set bonus...but the D'Kora's exchange price has gone up 100 million since the announcement so someone clearly thinks there will. ;)
    i love speculations on exchange. just like real world.
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    "Up to"? Last week it was around 150. My guess is that the opposite happened--the folks who keep all those D'Koras on the Exchange suddenly realized that if the summer event ship is a T6 D'Kora, it stands a good chance of cratering the value of the old ones unless there's a console synergy of some sort--and dropped their prices to try to unload them.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    amezuki wrote: »
    "Up to"? Last week it was around 150. My guess is that the opposite happened--the folks who keep all those D'Koras on the Exchange suddenly realized that if the summer event ship is a T6 D'Kora, it stands a good chance of cratering the value of the old ones unless there's a console synergy of some sort--and dropped their prices to try to unload them.

Not "up to," "up by." Before the announcement the price was around 200 million, now its 300.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If the new ship can fully benefit from the "Friends in High Places" Lobi gear, I'd be ecstatic. Also shocked, because my expectation would be completely the opposite.

I could maybe see it being able to slot the Battle Module console if you already have it, though.

Really looking forward to the blogs on this one.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ... sit in my bank and collect dust because I have no use for it? Yes, yes it will.
  • tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is no unique starship customization for the D'kora. So I do not think this new ship will be anything like it. The lobi store d'kora stuff might work on it....but that is a maybe.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    The wise sages do not speak of new set bonuses... however, that does not mean they won't pop up.

The wise sages do, however, speak of many other interesting things...
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ... sit in my bank and collect dust because I have no use for it? Yes, yes it will.
    What if it has a mastery trait that you like? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2015

It'll be put on another ship. :p
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It'll be put on another ship. :p

But what if the stats are truely awesome? :confused:
    edited May 2015

Then it will be flown.

This doesn't require a Degree in deductive reasoning.

If it's as useless as a paper umbrella and has a bad Mastership trait then it will go unused.

If it has a good trait but bad stats it will likely be grinded for the trait and left to rust

If it has both good stats and a good trait then It will people will fly it until they get bored of it.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I know i am mean now but i would love if the Nandi could use the D'Kora skin. The D'Kora was one of the first (or THE first?) lobi ships and while its still good, it can also be replaced by T6.

And i think a D'Kora skin would make the whole Summer event more interesting for many even if they have the T5 already because they would get a free, better ship with trait
    edited May 2015
    Then it will be flown.

This doesn't require a Degree in deductive reasoning.

If it's as useless as a paper umbrella and has a bad Mastership trait then it will go unused.

If it has a good trait but bad stats it will likely be grinded for the trait and left to rust

If it has both good stats and a good trait then It will people will fly it until they get bored of it.

In my case i will need to make room for it since i cant get the risian ships from previous events i was gonna discharge them get 2 new ones in boxes and toss them in my bank but oh well.

I guess on of my old fleet T5Us will have to go unless the ship sucks then no grindy for it :)
    edited May 2015
    In my case i will need to make room for it since i cant get the risian ships from previous events i was gonna discharge them get 2 new ones in boxes and toss them in my bank but oh well.

I guess on of my old fleet T5Us will have to go unless the ship sucks then no grindy for it :)

I'm undecided on it,

I've missed all the Tier 6 event ships so far since I'd have to grind for them on each character but now I might get it depending on the looks the stats and the mastery.

Needless to say I'm not fond of the Ferengi and I think the D'kora is one ugly warship, the thing is shaped like an orange wedge.
    edited May 2015
    I'm undecided on it,

I've missed all the Tier 6 event ships so far since I'd have to grind for them on each character but now I might get it depending on the looks the stats and the mastery.

Needless to say I'm not fond of the Ferengi and I think the D'kora is one ugly warship, the thing is shaped like an orange wedge.

Thiss right here^^^^

Is why im on the fence about a ferengi warship i was hoping tbh for a new fun risian ship to sport around in for a few days or when i just wanted to take a break from killing all the new lifeforms i encounter. :)
    edited May 2015
    I'm undecided on it,

I'm intrigued by what the wise sages have to say about it... it will also be interesting if the console will get the Samsar treatment, and will be usable on any ship. That won't come until the blog, however.

I wasn't going to grind for it (I don't like the seasonal events), but now, I might.
    edited May 2015
    Thiss right here^^^^

Is why im on the fence about a ferengi warship i was hoping tbh for a new fun risian ship to sport around in for a few days or when i just wanted to take a break from killing all the new lifeforms i encounter. :)

Destroying new life and new civilisations is quite exhausting, but with the Risian ships we can browse some new interesting warships to make our mindless genocide a little more...

"Colourful"

But unfortunately we get Warship flow by space trolls.
    mhall85 wrote: »
    I'm intrigued by what the wise sages have to say about it... it will also be interesting if the console will get the Samsar treatment, and will be usable on any ship. That won't come until the blog, however.

I wasn't going to grind for it (I don't like the seasonal events), but now, I might.

This is one of the reasons why I want to get the new ship, I thought the Samsar was another average event ship with a gimmick console so I never gave it a second look, turns out it has a pretty popular console.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Don't want it. Will probably have something to do with an aspect of my Ody that I have no use for. Even if it does still won't use it. Collectors items are just that, left in the box.

Very much doubt it. I have my Ody and that's what I will stick with.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think this theory, from another thread, is quite possible:
    To be honest what I think happened is this...

They were gonna make Risian T6 ships - two of them and t6 versions of the current T5s.
    One was gonna be tied to the jet pack game and the other to a diving game. The 'vette with pilot spec and the cruiser with command.

Only the minigames and/or ships weren't ready for the event. And since the event is at a fixed time that wouldn't do.

So they went instead with what they were gonna use as the next lockbox ship (Ferengi box revamp) instead - and which was ready and just tied it to the existing minigame.
    It makes sense, at least the part of the "next lockbox ship" being subbed in. Since the D'Kora was the 1st LB ship, it is next in line for that T6 attention, why wouldn't it have been in the works for an upcoming LB?

If this ship was originally to be a LB ship, I suspect the plan is to follow the pattern of the first couple T5/T6 reward ship combos and to have set pieces/bonuses.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    edited May 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    I think this theory, from another thread, is quite possible:It makes sense, at least the part of the "next lockbox ship" being subbed in. Since the D'Kora was the 1st LB ship, it is next in line for that T6 attention, why wouldn't it have been in the works for an upcoming LB?

If this ship was originally to be a LB ship, I suspect the plan is to follow the pattern of the first couple T5/T6 reward ship combos and to have set pieces/bonuses.

Yeah... nice theory, but I'm 99% sure it's wrong, given what the wise sages revealed today...

Just because we all assumed it would be another Risian ship doesn't mean that's what was going to happen. ;) Remember, this was in the works six months ago, at least... ship plans just don't change at the last minute.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Yeah... nice theory, but I'm 99% sure it's wrong, given what the wise sages revealed today...

Just because we all assumed it would be another Risian ship doesn't mean that's what was going to happen. ;) Remember, this was in the works six months ago, at least... ship plans just don't change at the last minute.

"Wise Sages"? Is that what we are calling them now? Regardless, there was enough info left out there that the only thing I'd rule out right now is the Risian Yellow Submarine.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock