• Options
    boggiexyzboggiexyz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the little fella needs a holiday

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2upzos6.jpg
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited May 2015

All the jokes about Tribbles and Assimilation are stupid and childish. We are customers and deserve more respect than that.

The customers are the ones making the jokes, take a pill and calm the heck down. The servers crashed it's not the end of the world, **** happens, it's not like it happens every day.
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In the meantime, perhaps there will be some new news posted today to occupy our minds?

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had these plans that involved playing STO, today. And those plans? They're not happening, now. Now I have a ruined day.

:(
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    boggiexyz wrote: »
    the little fella needs a holiday

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2upzos6.jpg

did he take his stapler with him?
  • Options
    apacheone5565apacheone5565 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As of today and since this game came out there have been login issues someday this game will have a season added in that they allow us to do alpha and beta testing before it crashes the server and your computer.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    deomagnis wrote: »
    just wondering if this is a technical problem or a ddos attack....

Please read what Trendy has said on the thread. It was already indicated as a technical problem.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Apparently it was either they take it down for an emergency cycling, or there would be big problems.

Like the seventy doffs i was donating to base which went out of my roster right into nothing or even bigger? :P
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    vern1701vern1701 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Apparently it was either they take it down for an emergency cycling, or there would be big problems.

Better to nip it in the bud now than face the fan later. Do you guys have backups in place for such occurrences?
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The OP IcantLogins have sent an IcantLogin viral probe down the server's prostate. It will take a white glove to remove it. This process will take 2 hours, so please be patient.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vern1701 wrote: »
    It would have been nice to get advanced warning. Also, this could not wait until regular maintenance on Thursday?

"Announcement: In approximately 3hrs time the servers will randomly crash and we will carry out an emergency repair, thank you for your patience."

Yeah right, that's gonna work ......

{insert random phrase referencing the value of air and who is or isn't wasting it}
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vern1701 wrote: »
    Better to nip it in the bud now than face the fan later. Do you guys have backups in place for such occurrences?

Depending on how long the problem has been there, I'd wonder how many backups might have it from before it was noticed.

Also, lol @ belidos' post above. ^_^
  • Options
    boggiexyzboggiexyz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    deomagnis wrote: »
    just wondering if this is a technical problem or a ddos attack....
    belidos wrote: »
    The customers are the ones making the jokes, take a pill and calm the heck down. The servers crashed it's not the end of the world, **** happens, it's not like it happens every day.
    As of today and since this game came out there have been login issues someday this game will have a season added in that they allow us to do alpha and beta testing before it crashes the server and your computer.

BOOoo

http://oi58.tinypic.com/vgshmx.jpg
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wish the people who are in charge of the smooth operation of this game would take their jobs more seriously and with a better sense of urgency.

All the jokes about Tribbles and Assimilation are stupid and childish. We are customers and deserve more respect than that.

This is a product I have invested time and money into, I would appreciate it if they would take a bit more seriously. I thought they were trying to run a business...

Imagine going to your local grocery store to buy some milk, you get there and there is no milk of any kind or quantity. You go to ask an employee about the milk shortage and he quips back at you, "Those silly cows." I do not think you would be a satisfied customer.
    I'm sorry! Just so you know, I have absolutely no control over the technical operations of this game! When my moderators merged multiple threads together to ensure that all players were being redirected to a central information hub, VB changed the original OP. Due to the technical limitations with VB, I instead edited the OP's post by saying I assimilated it.

I try not to, however, say 'oh those whacky servers are down! oh well!'

Hence the rather immediate response time. :)
  • Options
    ussdanubeussdanube Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi all, just to let everyone know, the tribble test server is still online.
  • Options
    jamesraycharles2jamesraycharles2 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not to upset right now, I just feel that I have way to much money invested in STO, as I'm sure many others do too. I find this ridiculous that its even happening.. Eh, oh well I guess, I understand that TRIBBLE happens you know?

Was glad to see a speedy response on it though. ;)
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i am leaving a burning paper bag filled with dog TRIBBLE on your front porch (you damn dooooooom-sayers) , ringing the doorbell and running away................

so you damn dooooooom-sayers get off my lawn already,damnit !!!!!!!!!

oh, and in before the lock !!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    tasshena wrote: »
    Depending on how long the problem has been there, I'd wonder how many backups might have it from before it was noticed.

Also, lol @ belidos' post above. ^_^
    The ObjectDB is an active process. Consider it the Character Database.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2015

*Trendy approaches server and speaks in the voice of Smeagol *And Trendy would NOT want those would she, no she would not want to have big server problems at all. *Trendy pets server gently*... my preciousss... . Wait, wrong series. :D
  • Options
    borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm sorry! Just so you know, I have absolutely no control over the technical operations of this game! When my moderators merged multiple threads together to ensure that all players were being redirected to a central information hub, VB changed the original OP. Due to the technical limitations with VB, I instead edited the OP's post by saying I assimilated it.

hey if its the Iconian Probes which have knocked your servers offline then just do what the Enterprise D did and turn it all off and back on again ;)
    Sto%20Final.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ok, who tripped over the power cord ????
  • Options
    sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    belidos wrote: »
    the Customers Are The Ones Making The Jokes, Take A Pill And Calm The Heck Down. The Servers Crashed It's Not The End Of The World, **** Happens, It's Not Like It Happens Every Day.

Amen... ;)
  • Options
    samueluk1985samueluk1985 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i have the worst timing just got my self a t6 ship from the store i hope it didnt mess up and not give me my ship >.>
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    *Trendy approaches server and speaks in the voice of Smeagol *And Trendy would want those would she, no she would not want to have big server problems at all. *Trendy pets server gently*... my preciousss... . Wait, wrong series. :D
    You stole itsss! You stole my precious server... THIEF!!!
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    *Trendy approaches server and speaks in the voice of Smeagol *And Trendy would want those would she, no she would not want to have big server problems at all. *Trendy pets server gently*... my preciousss... . Wait, wrong series. :D
    I actually do a spot on Smeagol impression that terrifies my friends. I do it at work sometimes too. It's been describes as utterly creepy.
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I'd reall enjoy a Letterman-esque Top Ten List next time the servers go down please..

Our catagory; Top Ten Reasons the servers are down.. Again

:P

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You stole itsss! You stole my precious server... THIEF!!!

-Shoots Smeagol with Romulan Plasma Compression Pistol-
    I actually do a spot on Smeagol impression that terrifies my friends. I do it at work sometimes too. It's been describes as utterly creepy.

Yikes! -Activates Target Optics III, Ambush III, Photonic Overcharge, Strike Team III, Rally Cry IV, Piercing Strikes, and Trajectory Bending.- Fire on My Mark out!
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    i SAID, who tripped over the power cord ????

somebody answer me.......
This discussion has been closed.